Windows 10: Getting really needled

Discus and support Getting really needled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It has been happening a lot just lately and just now in fact that I get a message to say the computer will close down as THEY are collecting info and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Jul 8, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Getting really needled

It has been happening a lot just lately and just now in fact that I get a message to say the computer will close down as THEY are collecting info and I am in the middle of a transaction on a shopping site.

It is getting a bit damn intrusive for this to be happening what I would like to know is what is so important that they shut down my blasted computer *Mad

Point is why can't this info be collected at the end of a session in 10 am NOT a happy camper*Mad

:)

ICIT2LOL, Jul 8, 2017

2. Lumia 610 Earphones don't work.

Thanks, it worked! I didn't really see anything but I tried to gently scratch around there with a needle and now they work again. Thanks a lot Getting really needled :D

wolfik---01, Jul 8, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to use laeptop speakers if jack is struck iside the jack port in windows 10..?

A needle nose pliers or small flat head screwdriver will get the jack out.

BulldogXX, Jul 8, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Getting really needled

Presumably that's a BSOD and your PC needs fixing.

Find out what the report is - look at your Reliability History or event viewer- identify the report and post the details.

Meanwhile, do basic maintenance.
    1. Check your disk: Hard disk sentinel (trial). Post its GUI.
    2. chkdsk
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

3. SFC /SCANNOW
    - run this from an admin command prompt.

Note: the BSOD could of course be related to an installed program or driver.

dalchina, Jul 8, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    No mate it wasn't a BSOD I have seen enough of them in the past and in hindsight I should have got my camera and taken a pic of the machine.

It closed down on it's own I had no control over it the only other thing I can think of is a hack. So am going to run a few scans.

ICIT2LOL, Jul 8, 2017
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Well I had better apologise to you mate I just found a dump file pointing at my RAM being out of whack so memtesting begins right after I get this off*Redface

I had forgotten that one gets that message when or just before a machine dumps so it wasn't what I thought or at least we shall know by tomorrow.

ICIT2LOL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Getting really needled

1. Getting really needled - Similar Threads - Getting really needled

2. display gets really bright

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display gets really bright: I’ve had a problem with my asus Rog strix g15 advantage edition where sometime while watching a movie or playing a game when there’s a dark scene the display gets really bright for a second then returns back to normal...
  3. display gets really bright

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display gets really bright: I’ve had a problem with my asus Rog strix g15 advantage edition where sometime while watching a movie or playing a game when there’s a dark scene the display gets really bright for a second then returns back to normal...
  4. Defender is getting really horrible now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender is getting really horrible now: [ATTACH] https://i.redd.it/j2nf75y3luz81.gif Bruh I literally reset my laptop and it still won't stop memory leaking https://preview.redd.it/w9msnxz7luz81.png?width=782&format=png&auto=webp&s=7ce6d5e2bed9a6bc494b6bb960d7e0df99c1be15 submitted by...
  5. Windows is getting really weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is getting really weird: So one day when I downloaded Oracle VirtualBox and tried running it I got a blue screen, when restarting it always tells me "we can't sign into your account" even though I tried again and again. So I decided to reset it while keeping the personal files. And after restarting...
  6. My desktop is getting really crowded

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop is getting really crowded: I would like to consolidate some of the icons on my desktop into folders. For example, all of my Topaz icons into one folder, all of my Painter icons into another folder, etc. Or better yet, is there another way to clean up my desktop by putting all that 'stuff' somewhere...
  7. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  8. Laptop gets really hot

Laptop gets really hot: Laptop gets really hot and starts beeping and the screen goes dark and light over and over...I have a Lenovo Thinkpad with windows 10 . I have only had this computer for a couple years. I downloaded the Lenovo Diagnostic Tool and ran all the tests and everything passes......
  9. needl help finding the best and ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    needl help finding the best and ram: building a new gaming PC using MSI Performance Gaming AMD X470 Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 Onboard Graphics SLI ATX Motherboard (X470 Gaming Pro Carbon) and a Ryzen 2700X Processor and need a little help finding the best and lowest price ram I would like to aim for 16, 32, or even 52 GB...
  10. Is MS really getting pushy?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is MS really getting pushy?: Sorry if this is covered somewhere; I did search... I keep reading that MS is pushing unsuspecting users onto 10 via "Recommended Updates." I cannot find anything definitive on this nor a KB number to watch for and block or "hide." My PC usage is very well served by 8.1...