Windows 10: Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature

Discus and support Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using versions of Windows for many years. Recently Windows to appears to have introduced a new feature in File Explorer which I find quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wob, Jan 7, 2020.

1. WOB
    Wob Win User

Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature

I have been using versions of Windows for many years. Recently Windows to appears to have introduced a new feature in File Explorer which I find quite irritating. It concerns the way the contents of folders are displayed.

When opening a folder in File Explorer there have been for years different ways of viewing the contents such as seeing icons, list, or details and to sort them by name, date, type etc. I'm very happy with those options. But a new additional way of displaying has been recently introduced which I find quite irritating. It groups the files bytoday, last day, last week, last month, etc. I find this grouping completely useless and makes finding individual files more difficult for me. Unfortunately I cannot find any way of getting rid of this irritating grouping and putting all the files back together into a single group and then displaying it as has traditionally been done. I can then display them using the the other options which have been available for many years.

Can someone please tell me how to do this so I no longer see this useless today, last day, last week, last month, etc grouping of files in my File Explorer?

:)

2. essenbe Win User

New Feature: How do I get Rid of It?

@Sheltieuk Try this. In the chat window that opens, click the cog wheel at the top of the window. Turn Compact friends list & chat view off.

Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature [​IMG]

essenbe, Jan 7, 2020
  3. How to get rid of ribbons in File Explorer

Windows 10, version 1607. I've done the registry mod described at Hide or Show File Explorer Ribbon in Windows 10 to get rid of File Explorer's infernal ribbons.

Specifically, in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer, I created a new DWORD key named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized, and set it to 1. Browsing any drive from Win10, File Explorer no longer opens up
    its ribbon. Progress.

But when I click on View in the File Explorer menu, to customise display columns, back cones the infernal ribbon.

How do I get rid of this excrescence?

Peter Brawley, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Sajer Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature :)

Sajer, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Getting rid of irritating new File Explorer feature - Similar Threads - Getting rid irritating

2. File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?: Win 11's file explorer's silly / unhelpful / unwanted Home thing has in turn something called Recommended. I've tried right clicking on the recommended files and selecting "Remove from Recommended", which does not work. Then I tried the Settings route, i.e., figuring out...
  3. File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - how to get rid of "Recommendations"?: Win 11's file explorer's silly / unhelpful / unwanted Home thing has in turn something called Recommended. I've tried right clicking on the recommended files and selecting "Remove from Recommended", which does not work. Then I tried the Settings route, i.e., figuring out...
  4. Not getting the features of new 22H2 update like File Explorer tabs and new photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting the features of new 22H2 update like File Explorer tabs and new photos app.: I've updated my machine with 22H2 update but I don't see the tabs in File Explorerdesperately need them also the new photos app didn't update too.I NEED THE TABS IN FILE EXPLORER !...
  5. Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of Twitter etc irritating Side panel: Hi folks I hate this but loads of sites seem to have that irritating Twitter,.Facebook etc sidepanel - and sometimes it annoyingly covers parts of text one is trying to read. Is there anyway to disable it or at least move the wretched thing out of the way. example of what...
  6. Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Get rid of black down arrow in File Explorer: I'm almost done modifying my File Explorer and I could really need some help with getting rid of the "More options" arrow in the top right corner of this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/qkMxA5G.png As you can see I've replaced the icons in the top right corner with...
  7. How to get rid of ONEDRIVE icon in File Explorer

How to get rid of ONEDRIVE icon in File Explorer: -using Windows 10 version 1909 (2) I have removed, as much as I can of OneDrive on my computer When I delete the Onedrive icon in file explorer, it keeps reappearing after a re-boot. A setting in the Registry? 146718
  8. Get rid of internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  9. Get rid of internet explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Get rid of internet explorer: I have been using this guide to get rid of internet explorer 11 from my computer, however theres still a folder left with some leftover files in the program files folder. I cant delete it because of trustedinstaller. Please help. 128385
  10. New Feature: How do I get Rid of It?

New Feature: How do I get Rid of It?: I've noticed a new feature that has just been shoved in my face by MS. Now, when I log on, I get this popup from Hotmail: [img] I'd like to get rid of it, but how? 114838

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer iphone irritating

2. file explorer new file appears at bottom