Windows 10: Getting UAC message when opening Macrium Reflect?

Discus and support Getting UAC message when opening Macrium Reflect? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, Just wondering why I get the UAC message > 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?' when I open Macrium Reflect? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jeddie, May 26, 2017.

1. Jeddie Win User

Getting UAC message when opening Macrium Reflect?

Hello,

Just wondering why I get the UAC message > 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?' when I open Macrium Reflect?

I don't get this message when I open any other app (eg Handbrake, Musicbee, Paint.net etc)?

Can somebody enlighten me please?

PS; Wasn't sure where to post this?

:)

Jeddie, May 26, 2017

2. UAC controls Windows 10

When I try to open pdf files saved from the internet - I get the message "this app cannot be activated while UAC controls are disabled." Even if I save the pdf - I am still unable to open it. How to I enable the UAC controls so that I can open these documents?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ValerieBell, May 26, 2017
  3. 7z Setup SFX require elevation

We have one executable which is giving problem(posted on our ftp server)

"7z Setup SFX file(when executed) does not prompt UAC when the folder where it gets downloaded it not opened"

Steps:

Download a file ("7z Setup SFX" exe) to a folder location which is not open

Now double click it, it will not prompt for UAC and then it says "the required operation require elevation."

The strange thing is that, when we download it, when the folder is open (where its downloading) it works, it prompts for UAC prompt.

One more thing is that when we rename the file which was not working it starts working and prompt from UAC

Getting UAC message when opening Macrium Reflect? [​IMG]

sannatchaudhry, May 26, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

UAC prompt will be shown because Reflect needs to be run elevated, with administrator privileges to get full access to all content on your system.

Thema:

1. Getting UAC message when opening Macrium Reflect? - Similar Threads - Getting UAC message

2. UAC blocking Macrium Reflect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC blocking Macrium Reflect: Hi, I have been using Macrium Reflect for several years. All of a sudden UAC pops up to get permission to run the application. This also happens overnight when my backups run. This causes the backup to just sit there waiting for me to allow. I have been running Windows 10...
  3. Macrium Reflect FAILED

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect FAILED: Whenever I try to restore a Macrium Reflect image, it says: Macrium Reflect has encountered a serious problem: Dump file 'C:\reflectv6.1-871-x64-0.dmp was created. Please email this file to L: support@macrium.com What free image programs WORK in Windows 10? 26818
  4. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  5. Macrium Reflect Difficulties

Macrium Reflect Difficulties: Hi all I've got an issue with imaging using Macrium Reflect Free. I'm running a dual boot system using Bootcamp with Windows 7 & 10 on two primary partitions on my iMac 24. Both work perfectly but if I run Macrium Reflect on either one of the two OS's, the Windows 10...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. Macrium Reflect

Macrium Reflect: Where are instructions for Macrium Reflect ? Don Cole 101495
  8. is this what a macrium reflect mirror image looks like when opened

is this what a macrium reflect mirror image looks like when opened: I've used macrium to create a mirror image on a backup drive (F) Am trying to determine if it came out okay. I opened up the file on the backup drive and this is what appeared Can someone please advise if this is what the macrium mirror image looks like when opened in...
  9. Macrium Reflect...

Macrium Reflect...: Hi all, Having just upgraded to the latest Window 10 CU I am now looking for so good back up software... For a number of years I have been using Memeo instant back up, and the version I have now it old so an update is required even though it still does it's job........
  10. Macrium Reflect errors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect errors.: Okay so I booted up my computer today and looked in the event log and noticed some errors from Macrium Reflect . Event ID 7000. The MacriumService service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely...