Windows 10: Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code)

Discus and support Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so today when taking a look at my family PC I noticed that it had restarted and was at the Windows recovery screen, that screen you get after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItsTheYoshi, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code)

Okay so today when taking a look at my family PC I noticed that it had restarted and was at the Windows recovery screen, that screen you get after a few failed boots. I tried to boot the system into Windows but it just blue screened, this blue screen just had white horizontal lines(what I would call glitched lines) and no text that I could see.

After trying to boot into Windows in safe mode it blue screened with a config/setup error. The only other thing I tried was to boot with low resolution but that just game the same result as the first one.

As for how this happened I have no idea, the PC was left on the night before and then it was like this. By my knowledge no one installed anything new on the system or anything like that. The only new download is the new windows update that it might have started before this happened(not sure of this but my other systems just updated today).

:)

ItsTheYoshi, Jan 11, 2017
  2. Wlee77 Win User

PC will not boot... get a blank screen... then few minutes later a blue screen with Stop Code: unmountable boot volume

PC will not boot... get a blank screen... then few minutes later a blue screen with Stop Code: unmountable boot volume

Wlee77, Jan 11, 2017
  3. I have encountered a blue screen error with stop code: inaccessible boot device.

on a restart after upgrading itunes I encountered a blue screen stop code: inaccessible boot device. I have tried the auto correct and restore but keep getting kicked back to the stop code when the computer tries to reboot.

WillJohnson1, Jan 11, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code)

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Doesn't Windows 10 do that automatically if a boot fails because it said diagnosing problem and then said fixing and failed. This is with out me doing a start up repair.

6. philc43 Win User
    If a boot fails three times it usually enters the recovery mode. I was not sure whether it had attempted a start-up repair and it does not hurt to try again.

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  7. Okay I will give the startup repair a try and let you know what happens.

8. Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code)

So did the startup repair and it failed but it gave me the option to do a recovery and I did that. After about an hour the recovery finished and I was brought to the desktop of the last user who signed in. Then I had to wait about 30-60 minutes to be able to use the desktop because Windows had not finished loading the task bar. Now the computer works but is a lot slower than it used to be.

Just wondering if this would be a sign of a failing Hard Drive. The hard drive is now about 4-5 years old so I am thinking it could be.

ItsTheYoshi, Jan 13, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    That's good news. Maybe leaving it on overnight to finish off background processes like indexing and virus scans will help. There may be some updates to complete as well. The hard drive can be checked with Seagate's SeaTools if you are concerned about it.

philc43, Jan 13, 2017
  10. Okay I will do that check to make sure the hard drive is all good.

ItsTheYoshi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code)

1. Glitched Blue Screen on Boot(No Stop Code) - Similar Threads - Glitched Blue Screen

2. Stop code blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code blue screen: Hello, My laptop is in a continuous restart loop with the stop code. I entered my bitlocker recovery key but it does nothing. I have tried every option under the advanced options and trouble shooting but it continues to send me back to the stop code blue screen. Please help,...
  3. Blue screen stop code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen stop code: After updating windows 11, I lost on control of my keyboard. Tried to update the driver without success. Restored windows 11 without erasing my personal files without success. After I chose the full reset option...and now I have blue screen coming up with computer restarting...
  4. blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume: Hi! i own a hp elite book 4g/6g . recently it has been facing some problems with its battery it turns off without any warning. The laptop had a problem before it used to blue screen so fast i could not see it but after a few months when i restarted it i saw it, and them the...
  5. blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume

blue screen with the stop code unmountable boot volume: Hi! i own a hp elite book 4g/6g . recently it has been facing some problems with its battery it turns off without any warning. The laptop had a problem before it used to blue screen so fast i could not see it but after a few months when i restarted it i saw it, and them the...
  6. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE The Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE The Blue Screen: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  7. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE The Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE The Blue Screen: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  8. Stop code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE The Blue Screen

9. Blue Screen Stop Codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Stop Codes: My computer is 3wks old. I keep getting "Blue Screen" Stop Codes: System Service Exception, System Thread Exception not Handled, Driver Over Ran Stack Code, Kmode Exception not Handled, Security Check Failure, Driver Over Run Stack Buffer, Kernel Security Check...
  10. Blue Screen Stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Stop Code: Every couple days my windows 10 goes to a blue screen and buzzed for a few minutes before it restarts. It says STOP CODE. I went to the event viewer after it restarted and took these two screenshots (days apart). What's going on? How do I fix it? 86241