Windows 10: Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings

Discus and support Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google is working on a dark theme for Chrome browser on Windows 10 and it appears to be coming sooner than expected. Windows 10 has its own system-wide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 7, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings

Google is working on a dark theme for Chrome browser on Windows 10 and it appears to be coming sooner than expected. Windows 10 has its own system-wide dark mode and it certainly makes sense for Chrome to respect the settings in order to align with the visual appearance of the operating system.

Google last year added an experimental feature to Chrome Canary that allowed users to manually enable dark mode. Earlier today, Google started rolling out a new update to its Chrome Canary browser on Windows 10 and it adds support for the dark theme.

At the time of writing this story, the new Chrome Canary update is gradually rolling out and it may not show up in all installations. After installing the update, Chrome Canary build now respects your setting for Windows 10’s dark or light appearance.

If you enable system-wide dark theme in Windows 10 from Settings > Personalization > Colours, Chrome will automatically switch to the dark theme to match the look. For example, choosing the dark theme will keep Chrome dark as well.

Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings Google-Chrome-dark-mode.gif
    Image Courtesy: Paritosh Negi

A native implementation and integration with Windows 10’s personalization settings would obviously come in much handier to everyone. At the moment, there is no way to keep using Chrome in light appearance when the system-wide dark mode is enabled in Windows 10.

These changes are currently live in Canary version which Google uses as a development branch to test out new features. Canary could be buggy on some systems, so it’s not for anyone unwilling to put up with an unstable browser.

1 of 3
    Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings Chrome-settings-820x420.jpg
    Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings Google-Chrome-bookmarks-814x420.jpg
    Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings Chrome-history-tab-829x420.jpg

As reported yesterday, Google is also working to fix the glitches in Chrome’s dark appearance. For example, bugs like black text on a dark background will be fixed in a future release. After the bugs are addressed, the dark mode should eventually make its way down to the main Chrome release version.

Thanks for the tip, Leo!

The post Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 7, 2019
  2. A3KP Win User

Light and dark themes

Is there a possebility to implement in the future Windows builds the light/dark theme in the personal maps?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

A3KP, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Build 10162 and Dark Theme

Hmmm..., strange. I don't know what to suggest.
    Maybe a reboot?

Edwin, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Chrome to respect Windows 10’s dark and light theme settings - Similar Threads - Google Chrome respect

2. Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps: Run some apps in dark theme and some in light when windows settings is saved as dark theme.I want to have Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps....
  3. Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps: Run some apps in dark theme and some in light when windows settings is saved as dark theme.I want to have Light theme for file explorer and browser when dark theme is set for all other apps....
  4. Dark theme on Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Dark theme on Chrome?: Hello all. My chrome browser has now gone into dark theme (background) and I cannot change it? I have checked for recent Win 10 updates as this changed 2 days ago but none (last one 18-7-21). I tried to reset the chrome browser and still within any tab opened it is always...
  5. Dark theme on Chrome?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark theme on Chrome?: Hello all. My chrome browser has now gone into dark theme (background) and I cannot change it? I have checked for recent Win 10 updates as this changed 2 days ago but none (last one 18-7-21). I tried to reset the chrome browser and still within any tab opened it is always...
  6. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  7. Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome could get dark theme treatment on Windows 10 soon: One of the most anticipated Google Chrome feature is the dark theme integration. By the looks of things, Google appears to be working on dark theme treatment for its Chrome browser on the desktop platform and macOS could be the first operating system to get access to Chrome’s...
  8. Google Chrome new theme

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome new theme: If you want to try the new Google Chrome theme just go to chrome://flags and search for UI Layout for the browser's top chrome and change it to refresh 114285
  9. Change Theme in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Google Chrome: How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome How to Change Theme in Google Chrome You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom theme you want. The theme appears around the border of the browser and as the background when you open a new tab. Your Chrome...
  10. Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10: How to: Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10. Starting with Windows app mode theme for the Game...