Windows 10: GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One

Discus and support GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Nice tutorial.. thanks. *Biggrin 4657 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by BunnyJ, Mar 14, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One

Nice tutorial.. thanks. *Biggrin

:)

BunnyJ, Mar 14, 2015

2. No Symbian 3 for Nokia 5800

@Nishanthrao - This has been discussed several times before. Basically the core files of S^3 is written with a GPU and a CPU with a minimum power of 600Mhz in mind, the 5800 having no GPU and only 434Mhz CPU. Its like asking Windows 7 Ultimate to run on
    Win98 hardware.

chanchan05, Mar 14, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Won't set to a higher resolution

OK, on your new system is the correct Display driver loaded, go to Control Panel - Device Manager and make sure that you are not running the Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

If the correct Display Driver is loaded, right click your Desktop, choose Display Settings and see if your resolution is set to the one marked (recommended)

If your resolution is set to the one marked (recommended), then I have some questions:

• Does your new Computer GPU support higher resolutions
    • What size is the monitor you are using
    • In the control panel of your GPU can you choose to set a custom resolution

DaveM121, Mar 14, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Thanks guys, that may save a lot of typing in future!

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
Thema:

1. GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One - Similar Threads - GPU Core Basics

2. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an option: Hello. As many others, I have encountered the choose an option screen. It was working perfectly fine two days ago, but when I turned it on on Sunday, it was stuck on the 'Choose an option screen'. Now, it only showed two options. Troubleshoot and Turn off your PC. None of...
  3. Choose an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choose an option: [IMG][IMG]I have a Windows 10 laptop and it is stuck at "choose an option". I have tried startup repair but it fails. I have also tried command prompt entering these commands- Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd But it says access denied...
  4. Visual Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Basic: I have several programs written in Basic in the late 80's or early 90's . Will these run in Visual Basic? If no, is there are Basic language that will run them? I am running Windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop....
  5. Liberty Basic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Liberty Basic: I see that Microsoft has finally taken action on their prejudicial dislike of the Liberty Basic programming app and have blocked access to the site. I suspect that is because they cannot load it up with their extortionist ads. This denies me access to all the personal...
  6. [1803] almost unuseable with one core processors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [1803] almost unuseable with one core processors: Hello. I need to vent some steam, so here it goes. Doing a clean x86 installation on an old one core laptop with 2GB RAM makes the computer almost unuseable because w10 is so bloated with background crap that microprocessor usage is almost 100% all the time. Replacing WD...
  7. Different backups softwares. which one to choose?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Different backups softwares. which one to choose?: hi guys I just want some honest opinons from you guys. After some research, I found the following 3 backup solutions : 1.macrium 2.ease us backup 3.Aomei All are free? so which one? my requiremement is to be able to restore individual files in emergency ? 86469
  8. Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Core running at one core, No native resolution: I upgraded to Win 10 in late July, but lately realized maybe Microsoft might not be providing the updates to solve my current issues. My computer is pretty old, and the hardware is the same as it came out of the box, other than attaching a spare hard drive. It is a Dell...
  9. Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gpu core clock and gpu usage drops in games - gpuz shows as util.: Hello. I have Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme. After upgrade to Windows Anniversary i have weird problem with fps spikes in GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider. In GTA V and Rise of Tomb Raider i am getting random fps dips for a second. During fps dip there is core clock drop for example...
  10. Some basic questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some basic questions: At the moment I am using Win 7 (Dell OEM) and still considering Win 10. However, there are a few basic questions that I would be grateful for answers to. 1) I have Windows updates set to 'ask before downloading'. The impression I get from the media and internet is that MS...