Windows 10: Graphics card not updating to newest version

Discus and support Graphics card not updating to newest version in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jwdesign, Jan 29, 2016.

1. jwdesign Win User

Graphics card not updating to newest version

Hi, since the newest version of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, I can't use the GPU performance feature. It tells me that I have an comparable GPU available. Update driver to use GPU performance.

The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date.

It says the version installed is 10.18.10.4276 however, when I download the newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358. So when I install it, it keeps going back to version 10.18.10.4276

The computer I have is an dell inspiron 660, it's got an i5 @ 3.0 ghz and an intel (r) hd graphics 2500 with 2gb of ram.

Would appreciate some help, it's been bugging me. GPU performance features really help my workflow.

:)

jwdesign, Jan 29, 2016
  2. mengl Win User

Multiple displays taskbar icon highlight problem

The driver for the graphic card has been updated to the newest version from the manufacture (Lenovo) which was specified for Windows 10. Because the graphic card is Intel HD 4400, I am afraid that that graphic card driver should not be the problem. This
    graphic card is not bad, I don't think it's compatibility problem. I have tested on several computers and they both had the same problem.

mengl, Jan 29, 2016
  3. KenChan2 Win User
    How to add multiple monitors to your Windows 10 PC

I think you should talk to your Dell tech support again and install the
    graphic card driver again or get the newest version that support Win10. Somehow Win10 1709 update had messed up the
    graphic card driver. At least that was my experience. I corrected my problem after installing the new release of my graphic card driver.

Good luck.

KenChan2, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I'm a bit confused by "The issue is that windows, and intel both say that my drivers are up to date." and then mention 2newest drivers from intel, it says they are version 15.33.42.4358."

My interpretation is:
    Windows insists on you having vn 10.18.10.4276, but there is a later version available from Intel. If you install the later version, Windows replaces it with vn 10.18.10.4276.

Assuming that you want the later version, you will have realised that Windows has taken control of driver versions, and Uncle MS will replace your driver if yours isn't the MS approved version- whether older or newer.

This lets you disable particular updates:
    Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Use this to hide the update you don't want, then apply the driver update.

This turns off all driver updates (not really what you want to do)
    Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 30, 2016
  5. bobkn Win User
    I don't understand Intel's numbering scheme, but if you look here:

Drivers Software

you'll see that 10.18.10.4276 is also known as 15.33.39.4276, dated 1/21/2016. Seem like that'd be new enough.

The list of GPUs tested with Photoshop CC is:

Adobe Photoshop CC GPU (graphics processing unit) and video card FAQ

The 2500 isn't on it. That's not the same as being incompatible, but it's not the best news.

I'm not sure what to recommend. Personally, I'd stick in an inexpensive discrete graphics card and disable the onboard graphics. Here is an example of a cheap card:

EVGA GeForce GT 710 DirectX 12 01G-P3-2710-KR 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card - Newegg.com

A higher-end card that also wouldn't require an auxiliary power connector is:

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB Video Card 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 - Newegg.com

Whether an AMD Radeon series card would be superior for use with Adobe software, I don't know.

bobkn, Jan 30, 2016
  6. jwdesign Win User
    Thanks for the recommendations. I was considering a new graphics card but since the psu is 300w, I wasn't sure what would work and still have enough power. I may open up a new thread about the best graphics card for my pc.

jwdesign, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Graphics card not updating to newest version - Similar Threads - Graphics card updating

2. the newest version of wind

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the newest version of wind: Hello hope u doing well So i installed windows 10 pro and i find out that the version is 1803 and i wnat to download 21h2 (the latest version of windows) I tried to download it from the settings and it didn't update so any solution submitted by /u/houssem21 [link]...
  3. Cant update to newest Windows version.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update to newest Windows version.: Hey! I've been running into this problem for a while now but now I need to actually resolve it so I can do something. When I try to update it will get to a point where it will restart and say "Undoing changes made to your device". I have looked in the update history after...
  4. I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to "update graphic drivers" but I already have the newest version installed?: I've had this issue for a while now, let me explain:What happens: I try to launch any game, and won't open. Instead of the game opening I get a message along the lines of: 'There was a problem trying to launch this game, your graphics are too old. Please update your drivers.'...
  5. Update newest drivers for old graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update newest drivers for old graphics card: Hi, i was just wondering if there's a way, to update new drivers for my old graphic card. I'm currently using an old AMD Radeon HD 6900, and i can't find any new drivers online, i looked everywhere. I installed the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center version, which is from...
  6. my amd graphics card isnt upgrading to the newest version

my amd graphics card isnt upgrading to the newest version: so basically, my graphics driver is horridly out of date and when I try update to a newer version it says "unable to get installer file to open requested page, I tried deleting the driver and installing the newer one from scratch, but it wont run the 'the guru of 3d' ddu, I...
  7. Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newest Drivers not compatible with newest version windows: Got a major problem today. i just update my GeForce GTX 1050 Ti driver to the latest last week. and just update windows to latest update posible today. and suddenly my graphic drivers is not compitible with windows. i cant reroll to previous version of windows because...
  8. Update Graphics Card driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Graphics Card driver: Hello,My Graphics card is Nvidia GT710.Occasionally I update its driver.Several times ago I updated the driver by running the .exe file and selecting only the graphics driver, nothing else.It left a large folder "Installer2" (about 530 MB) in the program files folder,...
  9. Graphic card update

Graphic card update: I am a photographer and use Lightroom Classic.I am having a lot of trouble in the development module post processing my images.I contacted Adobe and was told that my graphic card needed updating whatever that means.Could someone ,anyone please help me....
  10. Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Updated to newest version of Mbam but ....: Still getting the below message on my user account even with Mbam rules downloaded and applied. Doesn't happen on Admin account , i guess i have to download Mbam rules for the "user account" as well . I uninstalled correctly and restarted as requested but still seeing...