Windows 10: Grey box in settings | Windows 10

Discus and support Grey box in settings | Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to change my account password but when I click 'change', a grey window pops up for about 20 seconds then closes. This also happens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caylateasley, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Grey box in settings | Windows 10

I'm trying to change my account password but when I click 'change', a grey window pops up for about 20 seconds then closes.
    This also happens when using Cortana.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Grey box in settings | Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

caylateasley, Mar 7, 2016

2. my Windows 10 Photo App is not installed or visible on my App list

In my app list the Photo app is a grey box. I click on it and nothing happens. In fact many are grey boxes.

This is a new computer which came with Windows 10.

any suggestions?

mstewartpty, Mar 7, 2016
  3. CAG_1948 Win User
    Windows 10 Language Packs Problems Downloading/Installing them

I have upgraded my PC from windows 7.1. to Windows 10

I would like to get Cortana working.

I live in England and would like to install the English(England) language pack. Currently the default is "English (United States)"

I have attempted to install the language pack through Settings>Time & Language> Region & Language.

The current screen shows a grey message box displaying "English (United Kingdom) Language Pack Available."

When clicking on the grey message box and select Options (The other two selections are greyed out) I am presented with a screen labelled "Language Options".

A grey box is present titled "Download". I press this and the download/installation starts. The installation then freezes and goes no further ????.

The Speech Setting are set to "English (United Kingdom")

Country or Region is set to "English (United Kingdom)"

However display language shows "English (United States).

Grey box in settings | Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any ideas ?

CAG_1948, Mar 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Grey box in settings | Windows 10

Hi, I see the same window, which is then replaced after a connection is established with the appropriate dialogue (in the same window). So I imagine you have a failure to connect- perhaps your account - your live id- is not recognised...

Are you logged in as a local user or with a live id?
    Has Cortana previously worked ok and now stopped working?
    And up to now, have you always used the same login?

This info may help someone to help you, who's more familiar with account issues I've not had to face.

I'm logged in with my live id.

This might be relevant (probably skip the first section) - might 'cos I don't know your situation as per above questions:
    Password of User Account - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Grey box in settings | Windows 10

1. Grey box in settings | Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Grey box settings

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  5. A grey box appears and then disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A grey box appears and then disappears: For a couple of days I am getting this but...here how it goes....Whenever I try to sign in anywhere outside of the Microsoft store, I get grey box which disappears very quickly.Whenever I try to login in XBOX, MINECRAFT, XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION it just shows a grey box which...
  6. Flickering Mouse and grey Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flickering Mouse and grey Box: Intermittently I get a grey box on the bottom RH side of the screen, which then goes off after a while. Whilst it is on the mouse flickers and behaves erratically. I am unable to find the cause. [ATTACH]...
  7. Grey box on images

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box on images: Hi can someone help me with microsoft photos please i have addded a folder to my collection but on some folders i just shows a grey box i am attaching a pic to show what i mean can anyone help me my windows version number is 2004 i had it working a few days ago where i would...
  8. Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange grey box on windows 10 dekstop.: [ATTACH] So recently I have noticed a gray rectangle on my desktop. This will go away after restarting my pc but will come back when my computer goes to sleep. I also noticed that when i change backgrounds it blinks and loses opacity then comes back. When it appears there...
  9. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock box at System Settings is greyed out: Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option. I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock...
  10. Grey text box in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Grey text box in windows 10: This seems to be an old problem but since two days it appears to me: Every time I do anything with text in Microsoft office I get a large rectangular box pop up, it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. What is the purpose of this box and how can I avoid it? I use microsoft office 2019...