Windows 10: Hacked email. Personal information collected and sent to employer.

Discus and support Hacked email. Personal information collected and sent to employer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, It looks like my ex girlfriend who stole my laptop last year, sent an email from my account to my employer on 11th February 2019, of a very... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Normskiwashacked, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Hacked email. Personal information collected and sent to employer.

Hi,

It looks like my ex girlfriend who stole my laptop last year, sent an email from my account to my employer on 11th February 2019, of a very defamatory nature.

I had believed that she had destroyed my laptop, so I dropped the police case against her in May 2018. Unfortunately all my passwords were in a document on that laptop, and I only changed my passwords to the best itteration of those, after the laptop was stolen.

I looked at my active sessions, currently logged devices and history on Hotmail, FB and Google; the IP address matches the area where my ex girlfriend lives.

The email sent to my employer looks like it was send via VPN showing the sender in the US (I was in Korea). Can Microsoft give me any information to help me identify where this email was sent from, or anything else that could help me, the police, and my lawyer in our efforts to resolve this situation?

:)

Normskiwashacked, Feb 19, 2019
  2. R.Mike Win User

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Hacked Email Question

Yes it can be because of it

In this case it's hacked account

First ask them to change the password if that won't help they can send an email to yahoo/gmail/hotmail ... whatever they use administration and say that their account has been hacked.

Drone, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Hacked email. Personal information collected and sent to employer.

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Hacked email. Personal information collected and sent to employer.

1. Hacked email. Personal information collected and sent to employer. - Similar Threads - Hacked email Personal

2. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  3. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information: Hello,Since last week I have a problem with a third-party application GlobalProtect VPN and while trying to fix it I read that the issue is most probably related to the WMI repository. I checked the state of it and it seemed fine, but when I run msinfo32 I saw that there is...
  4. Problem with System Information - Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  6. System Information: "Can't Collect Information"

System Information: "Can't Collect Information": I have had an issue for 2 days now where a game will not open. Crashes instantly, doesn't even show the application anywhere except the taskbar for 3 seconds. Anyways, I figured out my issue was because of something being wrong with my WMI service. I tried to test if it was...
  7. Delete Personal Information

Delete Personal Information: I have reset my laptop in order to sell it, but do not want to enter email and password. How do I bypass this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-personal-information/3122e683-27db-415e-a259-e79d3ad9191a
  8. System Information App Can't Collect Information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information App Can't Collect Information: Whenever I try to open the System Information app in Windows 10 21H1, it shows that it can't collect information about my PC. Why does it happen and how do I fix this?Note: I am a standard user....
  9. System Information Can't collect information

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Information Can't collect information: Hello, I am getting this error( photo attached below) whenever I try to open system information. someone plz help me Fixes I have tried- Reset WMI Windows update Updating drivers Someone please help me with this issue[ATTACH]...
  10. Sent Emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...