Windows 10: hacker threat

Discus and support hacker threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi, I'm posting for 2 reasons as I have a person who is gaining access by way of remote viewing and gathering data. any idea how to deal with pest... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JustinHayson, May 24, 2019.

1. hacker threat

hi, I'm posting for 2 reasons as I have a person who is gaining access by way of remote viewing and gathering data. any idea how to deal with pest control. Microsoft are coming to take the hardrive out of my computer today as its wanting the data. I just wanted to see if anyone could help before I send my computer to the gallows!

thanks, jh

:)

JustinHayson, May 24, 2019

2. foreign hackers

• Can you provide more detail?
    • Who told you foreign hackers corrupted your system?
    • Who says you need to buy an SQL SERVER?
    • How did this whole situation play out?

Bruce Hagen, May 24, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

4. jdbath Win User

hacker threat

held hostage by hacker.

I've had a hacker enter my peace of retirement. He took my name info. Then started pressure threats . When I reported him after 6 months of blocks . Then google became worse than the hacker. It's my fate the Facebook page g plus you tube acct contacts
    were all moved into his takeover. He has turned off power,forced my r v to be moved, closed and destroyed 7 computers and phones. He isn't done yet google thinks I'm the hacker I reported

jdbath, May 24, 2019
Thema:

hacker threat

1. hacker threat - Similar Threads - hacker threat

2. How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop: How hackers attack machines that are approached by the “remote desktop connection” windows tool? do hackers have tools that detect the logins of the machines that are are approached by the “remote desktop connection” windows tool? [img] 133565
  3. ETHICAL HACKERS FROM MICROSOFT

ETHICAL HACKERS FROM MICROSOFT: please email me *** Email address is removed for privacy *** apparently monroe of inbox.com regarding wagering statistics of taxes from international registrations within the US until further notice...
  4. Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

in Windows 10 News
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom: Hundreds of developers have had had Git source code repositories wiped and replaced with a ransom demand. The attacks started earlier today, appear to be coordinated across Git hosting services (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab), and it is still unclear how they are happening....
  5. Internet Explorer zero-day lets hackers steal files from Windows PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Explorer zero-day lets hackers steal files from Windows PCs: A security researcher has published today details and proof-of-concept code for an Internet Explorer zero-day that can allow hackers to steal files from Windows systems.The vulnerability resides in the way Internet Explorer processes MHT files. MHT stands for MHTML Web...
  6. Hackers compromised some web email services managed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers compromised some web email services managed by Microsoft: On the heels of a trove of 773 million emails, and tens of millions of passwords, from a variety of domains getting leaked in January, Microsoft has faced another breach affecting its web-based email services. Microsoft has confirmed to TechCrunch that a certain “limited”...
  7. Hacker group been hijacking DNS traffic on D-Link routers for 3 months

in Windows 10 News
    Hacker group been hijacking DNS traffic on D-Link routers for 3 months: For the past three months, a cybercrime group has been hacking into home routers --mostly D-Link models-- to change DNS server settings and hijack traffic meant for legitimate sites and redirect it to malicious clones. The attackers operate by using well-known exploits in...
  8. Can a hacker access all user accounts?

Can a hacker access all user accounts?: Hello everyone! As you know, Windows allows you to set up multiple user accounts on one computer. If I got hacked, can the hacker access all user accounts, or just the one I was using at the time I was hacked? Thanks! :) 130220
  9. OZM-Microsoft hacker information

OZM-Microsoft hacker information: they call them self OZM-Microsoft.they are informatics hijacker. they bill you under Windham pros.they have a customer care number:1-307-278-70-81 and1-510-863-8026. here are the other numbers that they have: 0115108638026/1-315-820-1679/011-465-409-5588 and...
  10. Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...

Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...: A hacker gets on my laptop and blatantly mouses around opening and shutting things on my desktop. His curser will be in one place as he does things in another place. I took my laptop to the Microsoft store and they checked it out and they said that there was a remote...