Windows 10: HAH, I Found A Typo In Windows!

Discus and support HAH, I Found A Typo In Windows! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I was browsing around in Windows Defender (Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center > Virus &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Jan 11, 2018.

1. pepanee Win User

HAH, I Found A Typo In Windows!

So I was browsing around in Windows Defender (Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings, then scroll down to Controlled folder access.)

The sentence "Protect your files and folders from unauthorized changed by unfriendly applications" has a typo in it.
    (Refer to the attached picture)

Either:
    • The word "changed" has a typo in it and should be the word "changes" (with an 's' instead of a 'd'), or
    • There is at least one missing word in between the words "unauthorized" & "changed"
    Somebody should inform Microsoft about this typo.

But Also: I noticed that this is a new option, since the last time I was browsing around in there. What does this option exactly do? It was originally off, but I turned it On. Yet I must say that I have seen a few messages pop up in the right corner of the screen, stating that Windows Defender blocked some programs from making changes. One of them showed explorer.exe from modifying the Favorites folder without me doing anything with Favorites. Exactly what does this option do? Is it kind of like some sort of strict "Firewall"? Because if so, then I like that.

HAH, I Found A Typo In Windows! [​IMG]

:)

pepanee, Jan 11, 2018
  2. JohnO SLC Win User

How do I disable geotagging in WP7 Camera (Samsung Focus)

Hah - I found it... Settings/Applications/Pictures _ Camera.

Senior QA Engineer & Testing Team Lead

JohnO SLC, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Upgraded software - now PC doesn't recognize phone

Hah ! You got it !

I found a Connectivity Driver andclicke "Repair Driver". In a minute or two it had fixed the problem.

Many thanks !

HappyFish---01, Jan 11, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Mine says 'unauthorised' (but then it should in the UK) - still has the typo though *Biggrin

Blocks access to your files and documents by unknown apps (malware/ransomware). It's off by default because not all 'good' apps are in it's 'trusted' list. It takes a bit of fiddling to get all your apps to work after you turn it on.

*Arrow Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

5. pepanee Win User
    Hi Bree. Thanks for the reply.

But I also agree with you; British people have the original typo of using 's' instead of 'z'.
    "unauthorised" should be "unauthorized" =þ

And having the typos of using the 's' instead of 'z' in certain words, should be unauthorized! =D hahahaha

And thanks for that link; I'm reading through it and seeing what it does. Default folders that are in my User folder, such as Videos, Documents, Images, etc are in that list. I was thinking of removing all these folders and just having the default operating system folders be protected for now. Give it a few days and see what it does. I read a bit from that post in the link you put above. Good info, thanks =)

pepanee, Jan 11, 2018
  6. strollin Win User
    Typos within software are given an extremely low priority when bugs are sorted to determine which will get fixed first.

strollin, Jan 11, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Well...
    seeing as how we were all sitting around yesterday like wolves, foaming at the mouth, in front of a trough of fresh steaks, waiting for them to push the Build out...
    mistakes are bound to happen!!! *Wink *Wink *Wink

Edwin, Jan 11, 2018
  8. pepanee Win User

Hmm, I think I still might be one of the wolves from yesterday, because some fresh steaks sound pretty good! I'm getting hungry here =þ

pepanee, Jan 11, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    I think you'll find 's' is the original and it got corrupted when it was exported *Biggrin

Actually, as a courtesy I try to switch my spelling to match the country of the OP when replying *Smile

10. pepanee Win User
    Haha, you're too kind. Giving me VIP service by switching your English to match my English instead =P

Yet actually though, you see, after the 's' got exported over here, it turned into a 'z' because that is the new and improved version of it! You see, us Americans are great at being lazy, so we gotta turn that into z's instead. We're good at going ZZZ in the head. =P
    You guys should join in with us doing those z's *chuckle

lolz <-- see? it's perfect for everything! *chuckle*chuckle*chuckle*chuckle

pepanee, Jan 11, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
  12. pepanee Win User
    LOL. Funny read... or should I say: funy reed? HAH.

Also he had a small typo: He wrote "iear" instead of "ieer" *Biggrin

pepanee, Jan 11, 2018
  13. HAH, I Found A Typo In Windows!

Developers sometimes award prized (or cash) for bugs reported in new releases.
    But I don't think they'll reward you for a spelling error.
    I'm not sure why you'd post it here.

margrave55, Jan 12, 2018
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    Reminds me of this, which resurfaced during some online Brexit discussions (best experienced if the piece is read out loud!):

Euro-English

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English is to be the official language of the EU – rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty’s Government conceded that English spelling would need to be modified to encourage its use among EU nations. A five year phase-in plan was accepted and a modified English spelling language would be known as‘Euro-English’.

................................................................................

In the first year, ‘s’ will replace the soft ‘c’. Sertainly, this will make sivil servants jump with joy. The hard ‘c’ and final "g" in words will be dropped in favour of the ‘k’. "Ch" and "sh" and soft "g" will bekome "j". "T" may replase "d."

There will be krowink publik enthusiasm in the sekont year, when the troublesome ‘ph’ will be replaset with the ‘f’. This will make worts like ‘fotokraf’ 20% jorter. "qu" ant other kombinajuns will also use fonetik kontrakjuns.

In the 3rt year, publik axeptanse of the new spellink kan be xpektet to reaj a staj where more komplikatet janjes are possible. Kovernments will enkoraj the removal of tuble leters, whij have always ben a teterent to akurate spelink. Also, al wil akre that the horible mes of the silent ‘e’ in the lankuaj is tiskrasful ant this joult solv the isu.

By the fourth year, peopl wil b reseptiv to steps suj as replasink ‘th’ with ‘z’ ant ‘w’ wiz ‘v’. Turink ze fifz year, ze unesesary ‘o’ kan b tropt from vorts kontainink ‘ou’ ant similar janjes vut of kors b aplit to ozr kombinajuns of letrs. Zis jult kler up konfujun ant komputr keyborts kan hav les karaktrs makink typink kwikr.

Aftr zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl ritn styl. Zer vil b no mor trubl or tifikultis ant evrivun vil fint it ezi to unterstant ej ozr. Ze trem vil finali hav kum tru!

(modified from numerous, error-filled, and self-inconsistent variations on the internet dating from about 2000, origin unknown, unless anyone knows better)

Any apparent errors and self -inconsistencies in this piece are of course intended by the author as humerous examples.

Fafhrd, Jan 12, 2018
  15. CountMike New Member
    In Serbian language you write exactly as it's spoken and read exactly as it was written. There are few special letters to replace combination of letters, grammar is complicated though.

CountMike, Jan 12, 2018
Thema:

1. HAH, I Found A Typo In Windows! - Similar Threads - HAH Found Typo

2. I found a typo in Windows 10 22H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I found a typo in Windows 10 22H2: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cart1416 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13wxzv8/i_found_a_typo_in_windows_10_22h2/
  3. Typo in encryption certificate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typo in encryption certificate: Hi all,When I entered the certificate dates when encrypting a folder I typed the wrong year in the to date. I have certmgr open right now and the Cert Details General tab show it is valid from 1/7/2022 to 12/14/2021, so it was expired from the get go. I'm trying to decrypt...
  4. Typo on set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typo on set up: I typed an incorrect email address, one that is not ours, into the set up of a new gaming PC for my son. Now it wants to verify, but it is impossible because we do not have access to that email address.Please help. I cannot find any other option on start-up but this email...
  5. Account typo

Account typo: When I first built my pc and was setting up a Microsoft account I made a typo in my email address. Now that I cant verify it, it will not let me change my correct email to the primary email....
  6. email typo

email typo: When registering my Microsoft user account for windows 10, I made a typo in my email address and can't validate the address. How can I fix the typo in the address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-typo/095678c7-6455-45af-a979-2cb5d6436bfe
  7. Typo on Windows 10 COA

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Typo on Windows 10 COA: I opened up a OEM copy of Windows 10 today, did the lottery scratch off to expose the product key, and the key only has 24 characters. The first set is only four characters long -> XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX Since is now nearly impossible to actually call someone @...
  8. typo in email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    typo in email: During Initial setup of Windows 10, I apparently have a typo in my email address for administrator. I typed @gmial instead of gmail. How do I fix it? It keeps saying it is sending a verification code but I can't get it because the email doesn't exist....
  9. I just found a typo in Windows 10 TP

in Windows 10 Support
    I just found a typo in Windows 10 TP: Is there any way I can report this? This is just my first post and I'm tryna help out a bit *Smile 4105
  10. Red typo lines when no typos

in Windows 10 Support
    Red typo lines when no typos: Hello everyone, I am experiencing the red typo lines when there are no typos. This happens on occasion when I'm typing emails and posting or responding to forums. It seems to occur when there is an actually typo and I correct the error. After that the entire post/email...