Windows 10: Hark needs Help

Discus and support Hark needs Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSODs popping up more or less at random, but they seem to be tied to Facebook video, but not exclusively so. Trying to attach a zip (not seeming to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hark, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hark Win User

Hark needs Help

BSODs popping up more or less at random, but they seem to be tied to Facebook video, but not exclusively so. Trying to attach a zip (not seeming to have a lot of luck today).

:)

2. Language packs for Mobile Dictionary are expired

not sure that they do mate. That product harks back to the olden days where S60 3rd edition was around, so it has done well to even be still available on the Nokia website, as support for Symbian versions is no longer active.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved though.

adrianhughesNSD, Nov 24, 2015
  3. MoRbIdBoY Win User
    Hey Cortana settings glitch

That's correct, figured it out already but forgot to post back. Typical kind of Microsoft bug. They really need to concentrate on sorting the new interface out. Windows 7 was pretty good by the time it got discontinued. All those profits and free OS like
    Linux can blow Microsoft's Explorer out of the water. Crashy as well. Poor API.

Crazy to think elements of explorer hark back to Windows 3.1, 26 years ago. How far we've (not) come.

MoRbIdBoY, Nov 24, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hark needs Help

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

Hark needs Help [​IMG]

*Smile

5. Hark Win User
    Thanks for the advice. I'll get back to you after implementing it.

6. Hark Win User
    I ran the most recent Memtest86: 11 passes, zero errors, so I feel confident about the RAM.

CCcleaner is set as you suggested. Since I dumped the old drivers, I wiped the old minidumps to prevent confusion.

Re the Nvidia drivers you recommended: I'm a bit confused on this. Is there an Nvidia driver for the APU I have? It's an AMD a10-7700K Radeon R7. The Nvidia site doesn't recognize it. I did load the most recent driver from the AMD site though, and ran it for a couple of days. I had one BSOD (FB video again), and can't seem to attach the Dumpfiles here. I'm going to submit the reply anyway, and try to attach the new files after posting it

Zip now attached to original post in thread.

7. axe0 New Member
    Recommended to run the DM log collector EVERYTIME you upload a zip, only dumps is not enough

I also suggest you not remove zips while troubleshooting, now I can't check from where I get the nvidia suggestion.. I don't know what zip luckily you had also uploaded a zip on the Windows 8 Help Forums, but else I couldn't verify my suggestion.

It looks like I made a mistake with the drivers site, I simply assumed yours was a Nvidia without properly checking.
    My apologies for it, the suggestion should have been (almost similar to Nvidia):

8. Hark Win User

Hark needs Help

OK: removed the AMD drivers with DDU, and could only get Windows 2006 Basic driver to install; everything else crashed/locked up.
    Rolled System Restore back to 22/11, then rolled back drivers that DriverBooster3 had installed.
    Installed AMD Crimson Minimal, (driver and installer only; none of the rest) so am now running AMD Radeon R7 15.300.1025.0 (11/17/2015).
    Gonna run the machine looking for freezes/BSODs.
    Minidump folder has a bunch of dmp's that go up to 11/22/15, so will include those and new ones if I Blue-Screen again.
    Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help so far. Any thoughts on AMD Crimson full?

9. Hark Win User
    Here's the latest. Had to do a restore, so the most recent data is at the end. Almost made it two days this time...Attachment 51472Attachment 51473

Hark, Dec 1, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    What are the frequency and voltage of the memory? You can find them in the BIOS.

If these values are fine, run driver verifier to find the problem driver.
    NOTE: you may need to run driver verifier a few times, it doesn't always flag the problem driver in the dumps.

Hark needs Help [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    Hark needs Help [​IMG]
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Hark needs Help [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Hark needs Help [​IMG]
    Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

11. Hark Win User
    Ok, 1 step at a time:
    BIOS info: RAM frequency 1600MHZ; AI Overclock Timer Auto; Mem. Freq: Auto; NB Freq: Auto; NB Freq: Auto; Timing Control and TDP configs: all Auto; APU Voltage: Offset Mode; CPU offset mode sign: +; CPU Offset Voltage: 1.325 v.; VDDNB offset mode sign: +; IGFX Multi-monitor disabled; Primary Vid Device: PCIE/PCI video; Integrated Graphics: Auto.

Ran Verifier until BSOD: couldn't see any drivers tagged as Fail, will continue to run it as per instruction. Does it produce a dump file that I can send along?

I am attaching the latest diagnostic and a CPU-Z file with details for my machine.

12. axe0 New Member
    Driver verifier produces only a dump when a bluescreen occurs, as usual.
    I also couldn't find any driver *Sad
    Please keep driver verifier running.

If you would fill in your system specs more completely it would be easier to check if the values are correct *Smile
    NOTE: the tool in the instructions below does NOT show everything. The things it doesn't show, you need to lookup and fill in like the memory make and model, PSU, cooling system etc.
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Hark needs Help [​IMG]

Hark needs Help [​IMG]

13. Hark Win User

Hark needs Help

Used the tool, loaded info on Forums7 as ness.
    More BSODs. Attaching latest diagnostics. Sometimes system freezes and looks like a freezeframe of a blizzard over whatever is on screen (usually linked to video, I think). These events don't appear in the dumps, as it's instantaneous & I have to hard reboot.

Thanks for your ongoing hard work on this.
    David.

14. axe0 New Member
    I need to investigate about the AMD A10 k series with the GPU and Windows 10, because more users are having problems with especiallt the build-in GPU, but I don't have time for it currently *Sad

My current result is that it just isn't full compatible. (no definitive result)

15. Hark Win User
    It appears that the new rollout (1511) has stabilized everything, so I'm going to mark this as Solved. Thanks for all your help!

Thema:

Hark needs Help

1. Hark needs Help - Similar Threads - Hark needs Help

2. Need Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help!: I am faced with WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" error, and there is no solution found; I hope to help us in this regard!Windows seven update problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help/09cafe39-af75-47ff-bcc6-4858b2d2a023
  3. Need Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]I've already reinstealled Drivers and even reset the PC... it still looks like this. I've got NVIDIA GeForce 920M with the latest Driver and the Intel i5 7th generation which i've updated with the NVIDIA drivers. I doesn't show...
  4. Need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help: Need help securing my Laptop not sure why it will not connect to the internet. Maybe issues with the update I attempted to do for windows 10. Corrupted can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help/7b0d610b-e9bb-4ee0-9d48-1205e5e4f592
  5. help needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help needed: have alcatel idol 4s WINDOWS 10 cell phone 64 gb VR is using up 59gb so I am unable to use phone have 128 sd card in BUT phone will not let me move or uninstall apps please help can not afford another phone *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help: is my computer putting out a noise like a program has been opened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help/ee203640-8f0d-4640-b7cd-5b8c7e4f29f8
  7. need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help: I took a video with my flip phone zte 320 I hooked my usb up to my asus windows pc using window player I watched it and deleted it by accident while usb still in erased it from my phone and computer. I LOOKED IN TRASH BIN NOT THERE.. THANKS...
  8. need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    need help: [ATTACH]today at morning this pc was automatically updated and there is problem that, before my pc language was english but now it's chinese and there is option for change and english also there downladed the english language but it's not work. also I ask for help to a...
  9. need help

in Windows 10 Support
    need help: since 2 month ago my PC always have problems after installed new windows. for example: 1 click right mouse on tab bar and select Task Manager noting open. 2 type any functions cmd and (regedit, msconfig, ...) on W+R nothing open. 3 can't install or run program by...
  10. Need help with help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with help: In Default Programs, under .hlp, what do I put in under Current Default? Don Cole 59894