Windows 10: Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates

Discus and support Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is driving me mad. I have been using Windows 10 on my main computer since April. Since July 29th I have installed Windows 10 on my children's and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rocky, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Rocky Win User

Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates

This is driving me mad. I have been using Windows 10 on my main computer since April. Since July 29th I have installed Windows 10 on my children's and Grandchildren's computers, for a total of 4 different PCs running Windows 10.

Is there anyway to just get updates automatically. In order to get any updates on any of these computers, I have to manually run an update check from the settings menu. For me, it is no big deal, I check at least once or twice a day for updates. But if I never check, then I would never get any updates installed automatically. A couple of times I went an entire week just to experiment, and no automatic updates were ever installed.

Therein lies the problem. With my children and grandchildren, they never check for updates. I might only go to their houses once a week or so, and then I have to manually check and install any and all updates that have been building up over the course of time. This is just a very stupid way to have the whole update program set up.

There should be some kind of setting or something that can be enabled in order to just receive updates automatically. Has anybody found a way to set this up? For me, since it has been almost half a year running Windows 10, I am getting tired of having to always check for updates manually.

:)

Rocky, Sep 7, 2015

2. Has anybody figured out if it is possible to downgrade a 950XL to WP8.1

Two thoughts if you're using the WDRT. Although it's a tougher road, I would suggest NOT restoring from a backup. Try a totally clean install. Pick and install each app fresh.

Only my opinion here, but you kinda jumped out of the frying pan into the fire going all the way to the latest build on the Fast Ring. You have to expect bugs on the Fast Ring, it's kinda the point of it. If the Refresh using the WDRT on the current build
    doesn't do the trick for you, maybe give the Release Preview ring a try.

Joel in Vic, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Has anybody figured out if it is possible to downgrade a 950XL to WP8.1

Your tag says you're an Insider. Are you running the Insider preview on your 950 XL? And if so, what ring are you on?

The Release Ring Preview has been getting very positive feedback and seems to have fixed many of the issues the 950 XL had out of the gate.

If you phone is not running the Insider Preview you could wait for the update, it shouldn't to too long before it gets rolled out. (I don't know that, just an educated guess)

Or you could install the Insider Preview on the 950 XL and hop on Release Preview ring, with all the of risks that entails.

If your phone IS on the Insider Preview, but it's Fast Ring to dial it back to the most stable Release Ring build, you'll have to use the Device Recovery Tool to reset the phone and then re-install the Insider Preview.

Joel in Vic, Sep 7, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

WhyMe, Sep 7, 2015
  5. fredc Win User
    MS automatically installs updates by default i believe , you probably are used to lots of updates downloading but Win 10 has very few at this point .

I only have a few installed but Windows says my computer is up to date , i think the updates will auto install on your children and grandchildren's computers so your in good shape.

fredc, Sep 7, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    That's not true. If I check 3 or 4 times a day on my main PC, it usually downloads an update every time I check. They are usually just definition updates for Windows Defender, but they are still updates. As for my kids, when I check on their computers I often get 50 or 60 updates installed at a time.

Rocky, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Sep 7, 2015
  8. WhyMe Win User

@Rocky

Are you sure your kids/grandkids haven't configured the system as a metered connection? Or maybe they used Group Policy to prevent auto-updating? Or maybe they altered another setting that impacts updating? Could be you need to be on their system, look at their settings and then post again while you are there.....

Maybe they're just too darned smart *Biggrin Maybe they do it as they know you'll have to come round and 'fix' it...and they get to see their granddad!!!!!

WhyMe, Sep 7, 2015
  9. Rocky Win User
    Thanks. Those darn kids.

Rocky, Sep 7, 2015
  10. fredc Win User
    Well it doesn't sound like it's true for you but for everybody else that has Win 10 it is. That link substantiates thats it's true , Win 10 (by default) automatically install's all important updates and DOES NOT require the user to do anything .

Your situation is very odd indeed . Fifty or sixty updates at a time with Win 10 ? I don't think so .

fredc, Sep 7, 2015
  11. sml156 Win User
    Check your update history maybe you are getting a lot of failed updates.

As far as having 50 or 60 updates every time you check - I don't think Windows 10 has had that many all together up till today

Never mind I see that your running the beta version you actually installed beta OS on everybody's computer

sml156, Sep 8, 2015
  12. fredc Win User
    My Win 10 has 5 total updates installed and i just checked for more and it says up to date . I have no idea how anybody could have 50 or 60 .

fredc, Sep 8, 2015
  13. sml156 Win User

I think he is running beta os kinda sucks, especially if his whole family is too

sml156, Sep 8, 2015
  14. fredc Win User
    I didn't know that , thanks.

fredc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Has Anybody Figured Out How To Get Automatic Updates - Similar Threads - Has Anybody Figured

2. Getting a error and can not figure out why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a error and can not figure out why: So this error causes my computer to freeze and lock up and then reboot after a few seconds to a minute. This error happens while playing games or even general pc usage. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiIZteVaqJ1wkQbBIzNbwrzyXJ3M?e=UjbPzM...
  3. Getting a error and can not figure out why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a error and can not figure out why: So this error causes my computer to freeze and lock up and then reboot after a few seconds to a minute. This error happens while playing games or even general pc usage. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiIZteVaqJ1wkQbBIzNbwrzyXJ3M?e=UjbPzM...
  4. Has anybody updated your bios?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anybody updated your bios?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Has anybody updated your bios. Have you faced any problem or bugs? Reason? How much time did it take? Is it necessary to update? Has any performance fixes? Please explain......
  5. Has anybody updated your bios?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anybody updated your bios?: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Has anybody updated your bios. Have you faced any problem or bugs? Reason? How much time did it take? Is it necessary to update? Has any performance fixes? Please explain......
  6. Has anybody updated your bios?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Anybody know how to get out of this trap?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody know how to get out of this trap?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Oakysanate [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inopbd/anybody_know_how_to_get_out_of_this_trap/
  8. Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has Anyone Figured Out How To Play Games Post-Update?: Hi, So I did that major update for Windows 10 a few days ago and now I can't play games. I am trying to play FFVII (an emulation of the original PlayStation one). It was working fine and I was having a lot of fun with it until this update came along. I updated my graphics...
  9. Cant figure out how to get this game to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant figure out how to get this game to work: I bought Amazon Trail. I was told that it would work on Windows 10, it is a Windows 95 disc. It doesn't work. When I try to play it, it says is incpmatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. I am not sure if there is a way to get it to work. Please let me know if you can....
  10. Has anybody tried out the new bash already

in Windows 10 Support
    Has anybody tried out the new bash already: I'm curious, has anybody already plaid with the new Linux subsystem (bash)? I don't know about you but I love it. Finally I can use the powerful commands of Linux to create folders, files etc. For me that alone is worth the update. 58625