Windows 10: View Windows Update History in Windows 10

Discus and support View Windows Update History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Windows Update History in Windows 10 How to View Windows Update History in Windows 10 Windows 10 is a service, which means that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

View Windows Update History in Windows 10

How to: View Windows Update History in Windows 10

How to View Windows Update History in Windows 10

Windows 10 is a service, which means that it is upgraded with periodic software updates.

While you can manually metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothing will automatically download.

Microsoft releases important updates every second Tuesday once a month, known as Patch Tuesday. However, updates could be released at any time.

An update history is available so you can see which updates were installed, and when. You can also uninstall updates if necessary.

For more about update history, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to view your update history to see which Windows Updates failed or successfully installed on your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To View Installed Update History in Settings
    • Option Two: To View Installed Updates in Control Panel

OPTION ONE [/i] To View Installed Update History in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on the View installed update history link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

View Windows Update History in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. You will now see the history of Windows Update listed in categories. (see screenshot below)

*note You can click/tap on an available link for an update to see more details about that update.INDENT]

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.[/INDENT]

OPTION TWO [/i] To View Installed Updates in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Programs and Features icon.

2. Click/tap on the View installed updates link on the left side in Programs and Features. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see your installed updates. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Installed Updates if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Jun 28, 2015
  2. Shenan Stanley, Jun 28, 2015
  3. George222(2), Jun 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 8, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Shawn, that'll make some users
    now!

Cliff S, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Something I just noticed, my Custom View also shows when Uni Apps are updated:

Cliff S, Mar 4, 2016
  7. Hi, I realise the update history gets wiped out with a major update like anniversary update. But on my main pc it only lists the last 5 updates for various things going back only to 3rd Sept. Is this normal? I know there were updates between 2nd Aug and 3rd Sept. On our weaker living room pc it shows history more with 'feature update' being the first in the list

Scottyboy99, Oct 7, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 7, 2016
  9. Thanks Shawn. I looked in there too. What is troubling me in both views is the lack of entries. It only shows the most recent couple of KB updates released by MS dating back sept 13. I am sure there have been several since anniversary update was released. At the end of the day it's purely cosmetic, I'm on the latest public release version and everything works as it should. But it did make me curious why one machine has many more entries than the other.

i wonder if it only shows 5 recent updates in the new update GUI history. It'll then replace with the latest one on the next cumulative update with the oldest one dropping out. But then that contradicts what shows on our other machine which lists 7 entries with the oldest one being the feature update.

Scottyboy99, Oct 7, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It may sometimes reset after a new build.

Brink, Oct 7, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    See Nothing Listed in Update History

My update list was blank after turning off/on metered connection. Is this normal? Four updates have since come through and appear on the list.

Steve C, May 5, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Steve, *Smile

I've noticed that the update history clears itself after each new build release.

As a test in build 16188, I toggled my Ethernet connection on/off as metered, but it didn't clear my update history.

Brink, May 5, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

I've routinely used a metered connection since the original 10240 release. Far from clearing the update history it actually gets two entries for each update - the first a failure when it discovers it can't download over the metered connection, the second a success when you let it download.

Update history starts with a clean slate if you do an in-place upgrade, even if it's to the same edition you had before. It will also be empty after you do a System Image Restore, though they will all still be listed in 'uninstall updates'.

14. rdwray Win User
    Just noticed that "View installed update history" in "Settings" is showing a bunch of updates for Office 2002 were successfully installed and the updateds don't even exist. One of them is SP3 and that is wrong because I have SP3 and will not install it because of a bug that will not allow ActiveX controls to be put on a worksheet so I have the update hidden with Windows "Show or hide updates" utilities.

Now I just got a notice to install an update for Office 2010 that I don't even have installed.

rdwray, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. View Windows Update History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Update History

2. Problem in View Update History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in View Update History: My wife's computer that I check monthly no longer has an update history. When I view Update History there is no history but there was a little 'dot' that you could push for help. When pushed that a window I think within the window opened with a title HELP and asked you to...
  3. Windows 10 updates not appearing in 'view update history' window.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates not appearing in 'view update history' window.: I recently received updates KB4598481 and KB4598242 while using my Surface Pro. I usually like to see if new updates have many issues before installing them but by the time I noticed the updates they were half installed. Wanting to see if I actually wanted them installed, I...
  4. view history on windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    view history on windows defender: keep getting error code 0X80010005 when I try to view history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/view-history-on-windows-defender/438392fc-28ca-4897-9cc8-0336aae08219
  5. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....
  6. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  7. View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10: How to: View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  8. View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10: How to: View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 How to View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 Each time you upgrade Windows 10 (ex: Home to Pro build upgrade[/b] of Windows 10 (ex: new build via Windows Update), this upgrade history is stored in the registry....
  9. View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10: How to: View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 How to View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  10. View Reliability History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Reliability History in Windows 10: How to: View Reliability History in Windows 10 How to View Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in...