Windows 10: Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up?

Discus and support Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using two mice, both are Logitechs (M570 and M720) and Logitech Options and Setpoint (along with a Logitech unifying dongle) are on the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by flycaster, Oct 24, 2017.

1. flycaster Win User

Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up?

I am using two mice, both are Logitechs (M570 and M720) and Logitech Options and Setpoint (along with a Logitech unifying dongle) are on the computer. For whatever reason(s), Options only sets M720 but not M570,) whereas M720 responds to Setpoint.

In order for me to have M570 do the things that I've programmed it to do, I have to manually open setpoint.exe. I'd like to have setpoint open on start up so that I don't have to manually open it (from its icon on my taskbar.)

:)

flycaster, Oct 24, 2017
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Open a Program on any Monitor where I open at?

Hi,

Regardless of how many monitors are set up on a computer, one main display is allowed. For your security, we cannot offer any third-party applications that are not approved by Microsoft.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps below on how can an application open in a specific monitor:

• Open an application, then drag it to the monitor you want it to open.
    • Restore down the application (window mode). To do so, press the Windows
      key + the Arrow down key on your keyboard.
    • Close the application by clicking the X mark icon.
    • Relaunch the application to confirm.

Note that this workaround may or may not work for all applications.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Open a Program on any Monitor where I open at?

Can you add a future I want for future update?

ABOhiccups, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up?

I have got this. Run CMD as admin and copy/paste:

Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" /v "EvtMgr6" /t REG_SZ /d "%ProgramFiles%\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Oct 24, 2017
  5. flycaster Win User
    [/quote] I pretty much understand what you are having me do, I think...putting the EvtMgr6 into the start up menu??? However, if that be the case, it is already there (and enabled.) Nonetheless, I did as you suggested (and re-booted,) but it didn't make any difference. The setpoint icon still didn't appear in hidden icons. In the past (before I added M570 and Options,) the setpoint icon automatically did appear in hidden icons, but now it doesn't unless I open setpoint.exe (have its shortcut on the taskbar) manually. Perhaps there is come confounding due to the addition of Options???

flycaster, Oct 24, 2017
  6. You could try to reinstall Setpoint. Both software start at startup. I guess you have the icon set to show?
    One more option, I had Setpoint crashing, but then it would be crashing all the time, not just at startup.

7. flycaster Win User
    I have another thought, but need to know if it makes sense and how to do it. On boot up, in order to get Setpoint into hidden icons, I click on its shortcut in the taskbar. I then have to OK it as an administrator. So, my thought is what if I were to delete the present shortcut and reinstall it into the taskbar with administrative privileges? Problem is how do I create a setpoint.exe shortcut with administrative privileges?

flycaster, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up?

9. flycaster Win User
    flycaster, Oct 24, 2017
  10. flycaster Win User
    Out of curiosity, I checked the task mgr and, sure enough, no matter what I have done so far has failed to register in the TM. As soon as I opened setpoint.exe, setpoint.exe and KHALMNPH.exe appeared in the TM. Obviously, setpoint does not start up on booting. I think I will delete setpoint and reinstall.

EDIT: Reinstalling didn't help.

flycaster, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up?

1. Have a a program (Setpoint) open on start up? - Similar Threads - program Setpoint open

2. Certain programs started not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain programs started not opening: As of a month or two, I would boot up a program only to execute It showed as open in the task manager, but there was no window. It would also allow me to boot up the same programs multiple times but without any window showing up still. Some of the programs that won't open...
  3. start up program

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  4. start up program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  5. start up program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. A Program in Start bar but not opening

A Program in Start bar but not opening: [ATTACH] Please take a look task bar there is a additional space before settings application How to remove that ?? This is happening after system restore for recent system restore point....
  7. start up programs

start up programs: how to set any app in my windows 10 pc, to start when I start windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-programs/524b81ca-9e5e-4189-bc13-5ae8d692edf1
  8. System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open

System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open: System is slow to start up and programs are slow to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f7c13e5f-fe9c-4a8f-98cc-3d25990168c3
  9. a program on start up

a program on start up: how do I remove a app I pinned to start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/a-program-on-start-up/f659d449-c764-4c7d-b4ca-51e3bdddee71
  10. Start-up Programs

Start-up Programs: I can see the start-up list of programs in the task manager. I want to add one to the list. f1 an no help or menu option is visible. I want to add a browser. How do I do this Please. *Huh 45862