Windows 10: Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me

Discus and support Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have 4 win 10 pro PC, ok, so this is question about one of them. I saw this comment here How to Find Your Original Windows 10 Product Key - TechSpot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sdowney717, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me

I have 4 win 10 pro PC, ok, so this is question about one of them.
    I saw this comment here
    How to Find Your Original Windows 10 Product Key - TechSpot

So was wondering if I opened up a chat with an agent would they remote into my system (they did that once before to reactivate it) and email me my retail win 10 pro key. I was thinking this board is getting old and someday may just fail.

Plus I see this too from a MS MVP, that even an OEM install can be moved once. Although I dont understand that procedure
    exactly about signing into what where and noting what? Just is not clear, can some one explain the procedure better?

:)

sdowney717, Nov 16, 2019
  2. fopetesl Win User

Excel will not use Thunderbird to email spreadsheet on Windows 10 Pro

I was trying to keep it simple, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer but kind natured.
    If i could emulate what I can do thenwhen she gets twined up I can talk her step by step.

if we can't sort why Win 10 Excel won't see T-B as the main email client then we'll just have to go with your suggestion.

I should have said Win 10 pro 64 bit?

fopetesl, Nov 16, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me

Simrick's idea to enter a Win10 Pro retail key worked

Thank you guys. Note added under step 5 below. Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me :)

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Brink, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me

1. Have a win 10 pro retail, but lost the key, will MS email it to me - Similar Threads - pro retail lost

2. Lost Win 11 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Win 11 Pro product key: Lost Win 11 Pro product key purchase on an online MS Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-win-11-pro-product-key/a41474c5-37c3-4278-9a5a-c40c221e9f9a
  3. Lost Win 11 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Win 11 Pro product key: Lost Win 11 Pro product key purchase on an online MS Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-win-11-pro-product-key/a41474c5-37c3-4278-9a5a-c40c221e9f9a
  4. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key: I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the replacement an LG PC arrived, I transferred the Win 10 Pro image from the HP to the LG, using Macrium Reflect. However, the...
  5. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key: I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the replacement an LG PC arrived, I transferred the Win 10 Pro image from the HP to the LG, using Macrium Reflect. However, the...
  6. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. lost win 10 pro upgrade key help

lost win 10 pro upgrade key help: Hey guys, i had to do a full re install of my win 10 gaming rig, and I somehow thought that the win 10 upgrade key was stored in the BIOS, I bought the upgrade through the Win store on my pc on April 2 2019, I can not find the original email, only the confirmation number from...
  8. Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key

Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key: I have the Windows 10 Pro USB stick and the box it came in, but not the paper tag with the actual key. I've setup and rebuild this machine many times and moved stuff around I may have even used a key from an old MSDN account. I don't even know anymore. The machine runs...
  9. Windows 10 pro Retail key

Windows 10 pro Retail key: I was using a retail key in my pc without any problem but suddenly my motherboard was gone and I got a replacement from manufacturer. From then I was facing windows activation problem, I contacted microsoft via skypee voice chat, the agent asks for the key and I told her....
  10. Windows 10 Pro Retail Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Retail Key: I often change motherboard. If I buy the retail key, how many motherboard I can change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-retail-key/561e9289-3694-45e3-a87d-6873f21a54f4