Windows 10: Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.

Discus and support Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. I'm trying to import all my currentbookmarks from I.E. Explorer into ME. Google Chrome was the source of my initial bookmarks. Here are the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tomx2, Dec 25, 2015.

1. tomx2 Win User

Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.

Hi.
    I'm trying to import all my currentbookmarks from I.E. Explorer into ME.
    Google Chrome was the source of my initial bookmarks.

Here are the steps I performed.
    1. Went to Google Chrome bookmarkmanager, exported a HTML file of my new bookmarks.
    2. Launched Internet Explorer 11.
    3. Manually deleted all my oldBookmarks in IE 11.
    4. Imported HTML file into IE 11,
    5. Launched Microsoft Edge.
    6. Imported Bookmarks from IE 11 into Microsoft Edge.

When I examined my Bookmarks in ME, it appears many are missing.
    Basically, it looks to be an old version of Bookmarks from IE 11 that is being imported into ME.

Any new websites I bookmarked in Chrome within the past 2 year are not showing in ME favorites.
    I rarely used Internet Explorer as my Browser, and only did a full import 2 years ago.
    I understand IE 11is not being supported by Microsoft. But how do we get the latestBookmarks into Microsoft Edge after and upgrade if IE is my only bridge.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be happening?

BTW: I tried to import from IE browser into ME browser, but that option has been disabled.

Thanks.
    Tom.

:)

tomx2, Dec 25, 2015

2. Trouble importing old pc favorites into Edge on new pc

I have copied my old IE favorites into my Users account on my new pc (Windows 10), but when I try to import them into Edge, I get a message that says Done! then when I open Favorites, all that is there is two websites that I did not have in my favorites
    and do not want. Obviously, MS was paid to put these on everyone's pc's. Why won't Edge import these contacts when they are on my C drive?

Patrick M. Sr., Dec 25, 2015
  3. Trouble importing old pc favorites into Edge on new pc

I never had any strange favorites.

Try importing them into IE and then import from IE using Edge.

In IE: File | Import & Export | Export To A File and export the favorites to the Desktop and from there, copy to CD or flash. Copy these to the Desktop on the other machine and import them into IE.

In Edge click on the three lines at the top right and then Favorite Settings and import them from IE. Now you should have your favorites in both browsers.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Tom, *Smile

Let's go ahead and use OPTION THREE in the tutorial below to reset and clear all favorites from Microsoft Edge to start fresh. This will remove any possible corruption.

Next, you could import your bookmarks in Chrome directly to Microsoft Edge.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 25, 2015
  5. tomx2 Win User
    Hi Brink.

I ranoption 3(Click Favorite settings) but I do not see Chrome asan option to import.
    I do have Active Bookmarks in myChrome(over 100) browser.
    Is there some option for me to set-on see the Chrome button in ME?

Attached are sample jpg pictures foryour review.

Tom.
    Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge. [​IMG]

tomx2, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 26, 2015
  7. tomx2 Win User
    Hi Brink.
    I did the import from Chrome > I.E. > ME twice. And still I am missing half of my Bookmarks in ME.
    Maybe I need to re-install Win10.

Tom.

tomx2, Dec 26, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Do you have the lasted build of Windows 10 installed?

Brink, Dec 26, 2015
  9. tomx2 Win User
    Brink.

I have Version: 1511 Build: OS 10586.36.

Someone else had a similar problem and stated in the MS forum that Chrome appears to be uninstalled in ME.
    So maybe I will try to uninstall/reinstall Chrome and see if it will then appear.

Tom.

tomx2, Dec 26, 2015
  10. tomx2 Win User
    Brink.
    Found a workaround.
    Since some of my Bookmarks do get transferred from Chrome > I.E > ME.
    I will append those missing Bookmarks in Chrome to the same tree that reaches the I.E. to ME import.

Thanks for your help Brink.

tomx2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge. - Similar Threads - Having trouble importing

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. 10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    10158 - Edge Cannot import Favorites: Hi Everyone, Just seeing if anybody else is having issues importing I.E. favorites into Edge. When I attempt to import the favorites, it says "Couldn't Import Favorites" 7540
  4. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  5. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  6. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  7. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  8. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  9. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble importing settings into edge