Windows 10: Having Trouble With Windows Installation Media Boot

Discus and support Having Trouble With Windows Installation Media Boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I have been unable to boot into windows. What originally happened was that the computer would get through the bios process and a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luc&77, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Luc&77 Win User

Having Trouble With Windows Installation Media Boot

Hi,

Recently I have been unable to boot into windows. What originally happened was that the computer would get through the bios process and a black screen with a blue Windows logo would pop up. Sometimes this logo would just turn black and the computer would freeze. Other times, beneath the logo would be spinning dots or something like "preparing repair", but the screen would still freeze and turn black.

First, I tried to fix this booting problem by downloading the windows installation media onto a flash drive. After this failed to work, I also tried using Rufus with the latest windows .iso file to boot into the system. I have tried using the installation media in MBR, NTFS, and FAT32. I used FAT32 and NTFS with UEFI bios and switched to legacy to use MBR. When I tried using NTFS, a screen with text would pop up and run through a few files before saying "launching NTFS EFI loader 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi'" and subsequently crashing. Earlier in troubleshooting the usb did not even appear when using FAT32, but more recently it at least appears in the bios boot menu. In the UEFI system with the FATS 32 usb I was able to access the usb's files through adding a boot file to the boot order, but this only allowed me to access individual files, such as setup.exe, on the usb which did not work. Regardless of the method when I press f12 and try to boot from the usb, nothing changes in that the black screen with the logo appears and then the system freezes.

In EUFI mode, my current boot order is 1. Windows Boot Manager 2. Onboard NIC (IPV6) 3. Onboard NIV (IPV4).. I have tried changing the boot order and nothing has changed. I have also tried disabling the windows boot manager and the system simply says "boot device failed".Secure boot is currently disabled and legacy option ROM is enabled and I have also tried resetting bios options to default and nothing changes.

The bios that I am currently running on my Alienware 17 R4 laptop is American Megatrend's Aptio Setup Utility version 1.7.0. I am also using the latest windows installation .iso file. I have also run a hardware test using Dell's supportassist within bios and it says there are no problems with the hard drive.That report is attached here.

If anyone could figure out how to fix windows and/or my usb installation media from not booting that would be great!

:)

Luc&77, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Having Trouble With Windows Installation Media Boot

Installation media boots to command prompt

I do not believe its a keyboard malfunction because same thing happens with usb keyboard. Is that what you mean by external? I tried installing using an external optical drive also but get the same results.

I created a windows 10 x64 installer via microsoft media creation tool. I have used 2 different drives that i know be in working order. I also created a dvd installer via media creation tool as well..
    When i boot to the DVD i see the circles. i didnt notice windows logo but above the circles had the HP logo. before that i get the boot to cd/dvd option.

When installing via the usb installer since i have both x32 and x64 on it i choose the x64 option and then i see the spinning circles but boots to command prompt after that. i dont see anything before that.

I know all my installers are good. I even tried to boot to an official windows 8.1 disc and the same thing happens..

I have reset bios to default. I made sure the secure boot is turned on. I guess i could try turning it off to allow legacy but i know for a fact i do not need to do that with these installers. but i could try. any other thoughts?

carlos28355, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Having Trouble With Windows Installation Media Boot

1. Having Trouble With Windows Installation Media Boot - Similar Threads - Having Trouble Installation

2. Having trouble installing KB5014023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble installing KB5014023: I received several updates today namely KB5013887 NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 and NVIDIA - Display - Driver 30.0.15.1252 which installed fine and KB2267602 Security Intelligence Update for Win Defender Antivirus. I also got a Optional Cumulative Update KB5014023 which failed to...
  3. Having trouble installing KB5014023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble installing KB5014023: I received several updates today namely KB5013887 NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 and NVIDIA - Display - Driver 30.0.15.1252 which installed fine and KB2267602 Security Intelligence Update for Win Defender Antivirus. I also got a Optional Cumulative Update KB5014023 which failed to...
  4. Having trouble installing KB5014023

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  6. booting a install media

booting a install media: when i ask the bois to boot from the usb it reads the usb then doesn't boot the install media instead it reboots by it selfthen i do the same thing nothing do you know what im doing wrong...
  7. Computer having troubles booting into OS.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer having troubles booting into OS.: Hey guys, I bought a Medion Akoya P40000 from Aldi, it worked perfectly for the two years the warranty came with and now it's having problems, it has no longer got any warranty left and I am hoping that I can fix this myself. One day it went into sleep and didn't wake up, I...
  8. Having trouble instaling windows updates

Having trouble instaling windows updates: Hello I have been having problems with updates for windows 10 for months now, it automatically updates and installs but when the windows restarts it doesn't complete installing and ends up undoing the update installation. I have a screenshot of what's trying to install, Im...
  9. Having trouble installing Windows 10

Having trouble installing Windows 10: I have been trying to install Windows 10 the inactivated version with a USB boot drive. Before it has presented an error message at 0%, but this time it let me get to about 80% took about 24 hours on the 2nd stage creating installation files and then I check and get the same...
  10. Having slight trouble booting up

in Windows 10 Support
    Having slight trouble booting up: I am running two HD both split in two at 250 gigs each. Started having problems booting just the other day. Keep getting this message: "3rd Slave Hard Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Status Bad,Backup and Replace Press F1 to Resume" Quote marks are mine. 74301