Windows 10: Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Discus and support Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hmmm, I guess after the windows 10 update that was installed, the dump files are all gone. That's why it wasn't in the log collection. Interesting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikey5Aces, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Hmmm, I guess after the windows 10 update that was installed, the dump files are all gone. That's why it wasn't in the log collection.

Interesting.

Did you know that Axe0 - that if Windows does an update the dump files will disappear? Maybe the update fixed the issues with using the Nvidia card to open Chrome and others. Should I try it with the hardware acceleration enabled to see if I get a BSOD Driver Power State Failure?

Mikey5Aces, Dec 14, 2015
  2. axe0 New Member

Depending on what update was installed it is possible yes, but it isn't special. It would only happen when there is some sort of a system update like updating from Windows 8 to 10.

3. Well I don't get it. The update took about 30 minutes so it was I guess a big one AND all my dump files are gone. What does that mean to you Axe0?

I'm gonna try now to open Chrome with enabled hardware acceleration with my Nvidia card and see what happens. Hopefully this update got rid of the problems and there won't be a BSOD.

Mikey5Aces, Dec 14, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

5. Hi Axe0, hope you had a happy New Year!!! My computer hasn't experienced any BSOD's which is great. However, in 2 recent days something else has been happening and it's quite weird.

So, usually I have open about 11 websites in different tabs at once(My computer is pretty fast so it can handle it and there has been no issues). So yesterday I was on a website and clicked the minimize button on the top right in chrome, you know the - symbol. Once I did that the website didn't minimize fully, it was in a small rectangular box in the middle of the screen and it was frozen. I tried clicking on it and it wouldn't do anything. Then I went to another tab, minimized that and the same thing happened. It's like the laptop was malfunctioning, just bizarre. I tried ctrl alt del but there was nothing for me to close. I powered my laptop off, restarted it and it worked fine. Unfortunately this morning it did the same thing.

Could you help me Axe0?? You are extremely knowlegable and I am getting frustrated with this. Maybe corrupted video drivers? I do leave my computer on all day and sometimes all night so maybe that's the cause?? It does get hot sometimes too. Sigh, I don't know.

Any help would be great Axe0- thx again.

Michael

Mikey5Aces, Jan 5, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. Well now there might be another issue (it never ends). All of a sudden my game I was playing started to run slowly and I didn't know why. I decided to exit the game and I noticed that although my charger was connected to the laptop and plugged in, my laptop wasn't charging anymore. I felt the charger and it was really really hot. What does that mean? Is it the charger or is there a problem with my computer's hardware or something? It's unbelievable, I have only had this laptop for a month, why is this happening?

Mikey5Aces, Jan 5, 2016
  8. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

1 more interesting thing. 4 years ago I bought an asus laptop,a pretty nice one at the time, i7. So within a month the asus charger that came with the laptop just stopped working. I mean, only a month or 2 in. I was surprised and shocked actually. I ended up going to best buy and bought a universal laptop charger and that thing worked for the next 4 years no problem. Now it seems like the Toshiba charger isn't working either. I don't get it. I guess I might have to do the same thing for this laptop too, buy a universal charger. What do you think Axe0?

Mikey5Aces, Jan 5, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Unplug and reconnect?
    I sometimes get the same and only have to reconnect.

You are asking all these questions, but many aren't related to bluescreens.
    You better create new threads for your problems in the right sections.

10. Hey Axe0, How are you??

I need help again, all of a sudden now I am getting 2 bluescreens in 1 day - Driver State Power Failure

Since you are the amazing expert, could you please help me. I can't believe this is happening again.

Thx
    Mike

Mikey5Aces, Mar 14, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
  12. But I don't want you to miss the new thread. I'll do it now and refresh myself how to link the dump files.

Thx Axe, hope you can help because this is ridiculous

Mikey5Aces, Mar 14, 2016
  13. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

Mikey5Aces, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop

1. Hello, need real help with DriverPowerStateFailure with WIN 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Hello need real

2. HELLO I NEED HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELLO I NEED HELP: I'm screaming right now since my computer wont boot and wont get to sign in page anymore. I get to the welcome page and repeat the process over again. This is the worse since I need to get to the computer to do my work. I need this badly. Can someone help me....
  3. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help: I need to finish all the updates today but it is not finishing says some updates are missing. When I run it will load immediately then stop with nothing. Is it temporary not working it is just me? I need help....
  4. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I need help: Hello,I purchased laptop online and everything works fine and it runs smooth however the MS Store is not opening. I know I need to sign in to Microsoft account so I did to ensure that my MS Store will work however it is not opening at all. I try to run wsreset but nothing is...
  5. Hello I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello I need help: I need some help in the icons inside the arrow of system tray. When I click on the arrow and choose any icon there it will not open or it will not turn on at all. Yesterday it is working fine but I dont know what happen why it is not working today. The only thing that Im...
  6. Hello I need help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Hello I need help: I hope you're doing fine. Folks of Microsoft I need assistance with my Store never download apps. Its funny since I can download from third party website some apps that I need but I need to download apps from my Store and it is not working. It says something went wrong with...
  7. Hello i need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello i need help: I have a problem . on computerThe problem is that I cannot do anything I cannot open the Windows menu and I cannot do anything. If I click the left mouse button, the browser opens for me and I cannot write anything in the browser and I cannot download anything. Please help me...
  8. Hello, I was just needed some help real quick.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I was just needed some help real quick.: So my windows button on my kb just recently broke so I was wondering if there was a command that could open the tab. Thanks submitted by /u/ThatDudeAnsoon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ia7otw/hello_i_was_just_needed_some_help_real_quick/
  9. Need "Real" help with a password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need "Real" help with a password: I have an old account that I haven't used in forever and I want to update it with my new email, however, its been so long that there was "suspicious activity" and now it's locked for my "safety." In order to unlock it, I need an email that I used over ten used ago and only...
  10. Hello, I need help with touchpad settings on a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I need help with touchpad settings on a laptop: I just recently installed windows 10 from a flash drive on to my friends laptop in which I had just upgraded to an ssd, installation went fine but there are no touchpad settings and the touch pad does not work, any suggestions? Anything is appreciated! submitted by...