Windows 10: :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups

Discus and support :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, First time on these forums, so please cut me some slack if I make any mistakes/break any rules. I upgraded to Windows 10 and have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nalwoir, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Nalwoir Win User

:HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups

Hello,

First time on these forums, so please cut me some slack if I make any mistakes/break any rules.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and have a random border a couple of pixels wide around all of the system tray icons. I cannot for the life of me work out why. My Win 10 computer at work does not have this border, so I am pretty sure it is not normal. I took a screenshot and edited it poorly in paint, link:

Win 10 being a tool - Album on Imgur

Anyone got an idea why it is doing this?

TIA

*Biggrin

:)

Nalwoir, Jul 25, 2016

2. Border around my start menu and system tray.

Hi Grayson,

It seems that your computer has just finished an update, since the wall paper is not appearing after this update, let's run Windows update troubleshooter from this

article
    . The boarders that you are seeing on the applications are indication that it was updated. Regarding the weird boarder on your start menu, the reason why you have this is because there are a number of applications that you mostly use, creating another
    space for your other settings on the computer.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Border around my start menu and system tray.

I came back to my computer after running some errands and my wallpaper was gone and I had a weird border around my start menu. It's also on
    my hidden icons menu. Also various windows have the entire border as blue. Also changing the start menus settings from allow transparent on/off it removes the border however the icon tray retains the border, beginning to think this is a windows bug.

I have also run a couple virus scans just in case.

:HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups [​IMG]

GraysonMroczko, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

It looks like you are using Aero Lite theme.
    Try switching to a default Windows theme, and make any changes you want in the settings app(Wallpaper, Mouse, etc.
    Also make sure you have all 3 of these switches on:

:HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

1. :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups - Similar Threads - HELP Random invisible

2. Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?: I've just encountered this problem and i can't seem to find a fix for this , i do believe it's a virus but i'm not sure since it doesn't use and resources, and i cannot find the app in task manager either , it appeard when i somehow installed radantivirus, can anyone please...
  3. Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?: I've just encountered this problem and i can't seem to find a fix for this , i do believe it's a virus but i'm not sure since it doesn't use and resources, and i cannot find the app in task manager either , it appeard when i somehow installed radantivirus, can anyone please...
  4. Invisible app icon in system tray? virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. System tray popup menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tray popup menu not working: Hello there,I installed Windows 11 through the Insider about two weeks before it was released. Since then, I'm having this issue, where the popup menu that comes when you click on the WiFi / Battery / Volume icon in the system tray is missing. The icons are there, and when I...
  6. System tray popup menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tray popup menu not working: Hello there,I installed Windows 11 through the Insider about two weeks before it was released. Since then, I'm having this issue, where the popup menu that comes when you click on the WiFi / Battery / Volume icon in the system tray is missing. The icons are there, and when I...
  7. Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a fix for the invisible Windows borders?: I know this is an old issue, but I don't think there has ever been a solution. After all this time, I'm still not used to having invisible borders. Often I click on the wrong window. Any suggestions? I have Windows version 1903 157465
  8. Border around Desktop

Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  9. How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?: Specifically, this is what I'm talking about: [ATTACH] There are boxes/borders around tray icons (and the start button, too). It's the only thing that I don't like with this High Contrast #2 theme, but I find it midly irrtating. Thank you....
  10. System Tray icons becomes invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray icons becomes invisible: Hi all, I have an annoying issue with my PC running Windows 10. I have set which icons should be visible in the system tray and they show up there but only for a while, sometimes they just disappear and i have to go into settings and make them visible again. This happens...