Windows 10: :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups

Discus and support :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, First time on these forums, so please cut me some slack if I make any mistakes/break any rules. I upgraded to Windows 10 and have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nalwoir, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Nalwoir Win User

:HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups

Hello,

First time on these forums, so please cut me some slack if I make any mistakes/break any rules.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and have a random border a couple of pixels wide around all of the system tray icons. I cannot for the life of me work out why. My Win 10 computer at work does not have this border, so I am pretty sure it is not normal. I took a screenshot and edited it poorly in paint, link:

Win 10 being a tool - Album on Imgur

Anyone got an idea why it is doing this?

TIA

*Biggrin

:)

Nalwoir, Jul 25, 2016

2. Border around my start menu and system tray.

Hi Grayson,

It seems that your computer has just finished an update, since the wall paper is not appearing after this update, let's run Windows update troubleshooter from this

article
    . The boarders that you are seeing on the applications are indication that it was updated. Regarding the weird boarder on your start menu, the reason why you have this is because there are a number of applications that you mostly use, creating another
    space for your other settings on the computer.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Border around my start menu and system tray.

I came back to my computer after running some errands and my wallpaper was gone and I had a weird border around my start menu. It's also on
    my hidden icons menu. Also various windows have the entire border as blue. Also changing the start menus settings from allow transparent on/off it removes the border however the icon tray retains the border, beginning to think this is a windows bug.

I have also run a couple virus scans just in case.

:HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups [​IMG]

GraysonMroczko, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

It looks like you are using Aero Lite theme.
    Try switching to a default Windows theme, and make any changes you want in the settings app(Wallpaper, Mouse, etc.
    Also make sure you have all 3 of these switches on:

:HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 25, 2016
Thema:

1. :HELP: Random invisible border around system tray popups - Similar Threads - HELP Random invisible

2. Black border all around monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black border all around monitor: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 pro. And I'm having black border all around my screen. I know that I need to get to Catalyst control to fix it but I don't have the right driver to do that. Can you help me get the right driver? Dell Studio XPS 435T...
  3. Black border around monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black border around monitor: I'm running Intel HD graphics on a Acer inspire 15.6", upon restart my monitor, 1366x768 aspect ratio, has two inch black bars on each side of the display and 1 inch black bars on the bottom and top. My drivers are updated and I know this is called a shrinked monitor but I...
  4. How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?

How to remove borders around tray icons in a Windows theme?: Specifically, this is what I'm talking about: [ATTACH] There are boxes/borders around tray icons (and the start button, too). It's the only thing that I don't like with this High Contrast #2 theme, but I find it midly irrtating. Thank you....
  5. border around items in the taskbar

border around items in the taskbar: I have Windows 10 and I have Classic Shell installed. I like my taskbar items to be Uncombined, Showing labels. But no matter what settings I try, my taskbar no longer displays items with a border. If you see my screenshot, you'll see the items on my taskbar are...
  6. System Tray icons becomes invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray icons becomes invisible: Hi all, I have an annoying issue with my PC running Windows 10. I have set which icons should be visible in the system tray and they show up there but only for a while, sometimes they just disappear and i have to go into settings and make them visible again. This happens...
  7. Pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pixel border around active window: Hi there - first post as a new Windows 10 user migrating (returning) from OSX. So far only two issues found on 10130: Orange active window border: I have this horrble orange colour around the active window. I have changed all the colour settings but bothing seems to...
  8. New border around Universal Apps..

in Windows 10 Support
    New border around Universal Apps..: I notice there's a new 1 pixel white border around Universal apps like Mail and OneNote. This makes it easier to see the edge of the window when it overlaps similarly colored areas. This seems to be new since the update yesterday. 13655
  9. Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Dotted Border Around Desktop Icon: Every now and then I notice a dotted box around an icon on my desktop. When I reboot it goes away. It's not all that important, but my curiosity gets the better of me. Does anyone know what causes this and can it be prevented from happening again? [img] 99371
  10. Border around window screenshot

in Windows 10 Support
    Border around window screenshot: After the Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade, the Alt+PrtScn combo captures a border of some size around a window, as in the screenshot below. Is it possible to have only the active window captured? [img] 65499