Windows 10: Help Removing Microsoft Account login

Discus and support Help Removing Microsoft Account login in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I'm running windows 10 pro free upgrade, I stupidly created a Microsoft account to install an app 'remote desktop' it changed my login to an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rogerk, Sep 17, 2015.

1. rogerk Win User

Help Removing Microsoft Account login

Hi

I'm running windows 10 pro free upgrade, I stupidly created a Microsoft account to install an app 'remote desktop'

it changed my login to an email address, that messed up all my network logons, and I don't want an email logon, I hate it. I want a normal name login. I forever connect to remote servers and cant mess around trying to connect!

How can I remove the Microsoft account login, its taken over my prime login with all my applications, I cant seem to delete it, I deleted my Microsoft account and now cant change the password on it!

I don't mind hacking the registry if someone knows how! I just need it gone

otherwise its a start again windows 7 installation

Help please

:)

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015

2. lock screen changing to pictures not on my computer

Hello Vanessa,

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you able to login to the Microsoft account through browser?

If you are able to login to the Microsoft account, you may get an option to remove the devices. You may remove the old computer and check if it helps.

If you are not able to login to the Microsoft account through browser also means the password is been changed.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 17, 2015
  3. how do I get control of my computer back?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you able to login to your computer, through Microsoft account?

If you are able to login to your computer, through Microsoft account then, I suggest you to create a local administrator user account, login into the new local administrator user account and remove the Microsoft account from your system.

Follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer, through Microsoft account.

2) Create a new user account, with administrator privilege.

Refer to the below link, to create a new user account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

3) Logout from Microsoft account, again login to your computer through new local administrator user account and remove the Microsoft account.

To remove Microsoft account from your computer, follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Select the Microsoft account, click on the
    Remove
    button.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

5. rogerk Win User
    rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    What menu you are talking about? it's not in a menu, you can find the option as a link in Settings > Accounts:

Help Removing Microsoft Account login [​IMG]

7. rogerk Win User
    the option (2 Click On) as text box is not there on my screen

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
  8. rogerk Win User

as pic

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
  9. Kari Win User
    In the first post you mentioned this>
    Please explain what you mean with that? How did you delete the Microsoft account?

10. rogerk Win User
    went to Microsoft website and cancelled the account, not on my PC, cant get rid of it

looks like reinstall

Microsoft are useless, windows 8 was the worst windows ever, even worse that 2 and I went to the official launch, windows took over 1/2 then 1/4 of the screen very mickey mouse

but this OS is rubbish full of bugs

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
  11. hawkman Win User
    In your last screenshot go down one level to sign in options.

Roy

hawkman, Sep 17, 2015
  12. rogerk Win User
    ok

and?

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
  13. Kari Win User

Quite silly, you have screwed up this totally by yourself and start blaming Microsoft.

To start with, when using a local account you don't have to switch to an MS account just to download apps from store. The correct procedure is told in this tutorial: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. That's your mistake number 1, proceeding without fist finding out what's the correct way to do it.

The mistake number 2, totally, completely profoundly your own mistake and nothing to do with Microsoft was to delete the very same MS account you are currently using to sign in to Windows.

Reinstall is my recommendation. If, and apparently when you do not know how to do this correctly here are a few tutorials I suggest you read first before proceeding:

14. rogerk Win User

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
  15. rogerk Win User
    windows never gave me the option to change to a local account, did not work!

windows is rubbish, not just this, programs hang, crash

Cubase plays up

autocad the same

intelligently deleting the account windows should on seeing account missing recreate it or delete it, not give up
    I reinstated the account but cant change password. its a rubbish OS, no wonder they are giving it away

a modern OS should recover not screw up

if I reinstall will not load win10 will stick with 7 as my many other systems

wait for windows 11 nah wont bother

and all this rubbish to get some phone users onboard

rogerk, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Help Removing Microsoft Account login - Similar Threads - Help Removing Microsoft

2. Can't remove an account. Or login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an account. Or login.: When I try to login into my Microsoft account. I got hacked and they deleted the gmail and I created a new one under my gmail So now I try to login but when I do that it say's I don't have Wifi which I got and it doesn't work. And if I want to update my information it tells...
  3. Can't remove an account. Or login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove an account. Or login.: When I try to login into my Microsoft account. I got hacked and they deleted the gmail and I created a new one under my gmail So now I try to login but when I do that it say's I don't have Wifi which I got and it doesn't work. And if I want to update my information it tells...
  4. Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account login: My password to Microsoft Account is not correct when I login using a different pc. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-login/712678ca-5059-47f4-8f28-b7e229bf6c60
  5. Need help to remove a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help to remove a microsoft account: Recently, I tried to click on a link directing to Microsoft Teams meeting through my email, it requires me to log in to a microsoft account. But the problem is that it automatically set the account which I am required to log on into as in the picture below. Apparently it...
  6. Need help to remove a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to remove a microsoft account: Recently, I tried to click on a link directing to Microsoft Teams meeting through my email, it requires me to log in to a microsoft account. But the problem is that it automatically set the account which I am required to log on into as in the picture below. Apparently it...
  7. Need help to remove a microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Account Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Login: I am unable to manage my microsoft account via the Settings/Accounts/Your Info. I click on "manage my microsoft account" and the dialog box just shows a spinning circle and never stops unitl i cancel it out. I can log into my account if I go via a browser so my account...
  9. Removing login account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing login account?: A few weeks ago, I had to log to a different network with my laptop. Since then, I got two different accounts on the login screen. When I go to accounts (with my normal account), I don't see the other duplicate account that I could remove. I looked into the registry and I see...
  10. Made a Microsoft Account Need To Remove Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Made a Microsoft Account Need To Remove Login: Hello, I made a Microsoft account last night to get an app and now there is a login in screen on my computer that was not there before. I am using a new licence of Windows 10 on a new computer and I would like to undo the changes making a Microsoft account made to my...