Windows 10: Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons

Discus and support Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W 10 Desktop Icons. 1] I used a shorcut icon removed that I've used many time before with W2000, XP,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, Apr 22, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons

Hi,

Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W 10 Desktop Icons.

1] I used a shorcut icon removed that I've used many time before with W2000, XP, W7 with no problems.
    A few days later, the "Paper Like" images appeared. Please see images below.

2] Any help on removing them is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, Apr 22, 2020
  2. sirrus Win User

Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead

Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons [​IMG]

it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew I'd need to rebuild icon and thumbnail cache once again so I following this steps...

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
    After Creators Update 2 thumbnails cache keeps auto-deleting Solved - Windows 10 Forums

After few restart, it did not solve my issues issues, It did not rebuild cache but went for worst. Now I got I got a blank icon/thumbnails on taskbar (left of screen) and it seem to happen only on windows store app (i.e. calendar, mail, photo previewer and etc..) not the third party programs.

I also have issues with images (almost most image format) showing paper white thumbnails, instead of previewer or default icon.

I cannot fathom how this happen. I've spend hours goggling for solution, done many different methods on rebuilding icon and reboot pc 50+ times. Went through recovery and rollback version. sfc /scannow DISM. virus screening, disk cleaning and etc none of it detect my issues and its driving me nuts.
    Instead of having to reset windows and reinstall many of 3rd parties program again I was hoping there are solution. Would anyone by any chance know what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

sirrus, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons

Help Wrong icons for Local drives White paper icon :-(

Hi all I have problem by me Local drives show wrong icons White paper icon any fix?? SFC notfixed, I Wanted remove
    IconHandler under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex\ but not found this key any fix?? Greetin
    Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons b99fdf63-86e9-4cd6-bbc5-a489df7e44f4.png

MarioCigić, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons

1. Help removing white "Paper Like" images from W10 Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Help removing white

2. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  3. Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk icon change to white paper type like undefined icon recently in file explorer: i have three main local disk in my file explorer recently the local disk was changed to like plain paper icon, i restart my file explorer from task manager and check for updates and restart my computer several times but issue remain same how to fix this issue....
  4. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  5. Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and other folders shortcuts icons have "white paper" pasted on them not related to...: Hello, Forgive me for being a newbie here... Not sure this is the right forum / category... I may or may not have deleted some folder and now all my Desktop icons have some sort of a blank paper on top of them pls see attached. Start menu shortcuts are OK. HELP pls...
  6. White piece of paper on icons

in Windows 10 Support
    White piece of paper on icons: Well, this is new. Anyone know how to fix this that I'm sure was caused by me. LOL! [img] - - - Updated - - - Nevermind. Fixed it!! 157879
  7. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973
  8. Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon: Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead [img] it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew...
  9. White paper icons and empty folders!?

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons and empty folders!?: Hello, I have windows 10 home operating system on my laptop I have a problem with my file folder. when I first open it it shows that it works fine. [img] However I've notice that on the left I see the OS and D drive as white icons. When i access any folders and then...
  10. White paper icons in start menu apps

in Windows 10 Support
    White paper icons in start menu apps: In my windows 10 start menu all my installed programs give a white paper (with curled right corner) icon. There are a few that give the original icon but most of them do not. I tried a new clean install but that didn't help. I also tried: -SFC scannow gedaan met deze...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove white paper in front of desktop icons windows 7