Windows 10: HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!

Discus and support HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So as the title says I turned off my laptop during a system restore. I think while it said it was restoring registries. I did this because it was on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mmf123456789, Mar 4, 2019.

1. HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!

So as the title says I turned off my laptop during a system restore. I think while it said it was restoring registries. I did this because it was on that same thing for over 2 hours. Now when i turn on my laptop it only displays the brand name which is Lenovo and just turns black. Some one please help.

:)

Mmf123456789, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Pinchy Win User

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Mar 4, 2019
  3. ken1943 Win User
    System Restore Not Working On A Laptop

Two desktops have System Restore Working and Laptop is not working.

Interesting is they have a System Restore Service and the Laptop Does not.

All three had a clean install of 1607.

Suggestions ?

ken1943, Mar 4, 2019
  4. marsmimar Win User

HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!

system restore turns it self off

See if following these steps prevents System Restore from turning itself off.

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

System Restore Point - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

If still having problems your computer may have damaged or corrupt system files. Run a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt (Option Three.) Windows 10 will try to repair or replace any damaged files. The easiest way to do this for me is ro right-click the Start Button > select Command Prompt (Admin). At the blinking cursor type in sfc /scannow. Please note the space between sfc and /scannow. Also note that in case integrity violations are found and cannot be fixed, it's suggested you run the SFC three times and reboot the computer in between each scan. (See NOTE below Step 6 in Option Three.)

If still having issues, please post back and someone will help with additional troubleshooting tips,

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

marsmimar, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!

1. HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore! - Similar Threads - HELP Turned off

2. Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe: So yesterday my hp laptop that I got from my mum had her account on it I didn’t know the password so I did a wipe and reinstall windows so ones it deleted everything it was about to reinstall windows and my sis thought it turned off so she turned it “on” the screen was blank...
  3. Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe: So yesterday my hp laptop that I got from my mum had her account on it I didn’t know the password so I did a wipe and reinstall windows so ones it deleted everything it was about to reinstall windows and my sis thought it turned off so she turned it “on” the screen was blank...
  4. Help my sis turned off my laptop during wipe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop turned off during Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turned off during Factory Reset: I wanted to reset my laptopDuring the resetting process the laptop ran out of battery and closed downI turned it on and now I have the message 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows...
  6. Computer turned off during system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turned off during system restore point: i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i think windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i have tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt commands is there a way to recover the image...
  7. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  8. System Restore Turned off after updates

System Restore Turned off after updates: I know many have complained that after any major update, Windows turns off System restore and deletes all restore points. Though I can understand why this might be important when a system has been updated I cannot understand why it doesn't automatically create a new restore...
  9. Help! Turned off laptop during system restore!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Turned off laptop during system restore!: So as the title says I turned off my laptop during a system restore. I think while it said it was restoring registries. I did this because it was on that same thing for over 2 hours. Now when i turn on my laptop it only displays the brand name which is Lenovo and just turns...
  10. system restore turns it self off

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore turns it self off: system restore turns it self off why 71711

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop turned off during reset dell

2. how to restore a laptop that was turned off during system updates