Windows 10: Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32

Discus and support Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My hosts files disappeared in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Can some one help me to solve this? 19670 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by freexwin, Aug 27, 2015.

1. freexwin Win User

Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32

My hosts files disappeared in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Can some one help me to solve this?

:)

freexwin, Aug 27, 2015

2. with windows 10 why can't I name new folders on my pc

thank Mohammed and Annu for your help ! I was able to find and access SFC command Prompt admin. I did as you told me and typed in sfc scannow . But it said ( windows system 32 resource protection did not find any integrity violations ) my next question
    is ( why does it say windows 32 system when I have a 64 bit system? ) does this have any thing to do with why I can't name my files ?

Thanks ,

photoladyve, Aug 27, 2015
  3. AussieRJS Win User
    How do i reset the host file for Windows 10?

SOLVED

Went into system 32 hosts file in the laptop ..copied it to usb..went into system 32 hosts file in desktop computer copied it to usb calling it hosts old and placed it on the desktop just in case..then I deleted this file from system 32 and replaced it
    with the file on usb from the laptop..He presto no more 1012 errors.

Bob

AussieRJS, Aug 27, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Try giving (copy/paste) %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in the Run dialog and choose Notepad to open.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32 - Similar Threads - Help why can't

2. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  3. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  4. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't find CMD file anymore: Hi, I was doing some stuff and I needed to rename the CMD file, I get back to put the original name but the file desaparece. Please help me, i don't know what to do...
  5. Why I can't find CMD file anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't find file system properties

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find file system properties: Hi, I am on windows 20H2. I can't find the "file system properties" described herehttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/disabling-the-write-behind-caching-setting-does-not-disable-all-write-behind-caching-on-the-system-78592eac-fab2-5043-296b-744e032a1cc4Is it just me or...
  7. Getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and Windows say is can't find System 32 files in my...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and Windows say is can't find System 32 files in my...: Hey there guys, I am a bit confused by this error. I've been getting it every morning, since I've installed a new HDD alongside my other HDD. My boot is from a samsung EVO+ SSD, but everytime I get this blue screen error, it says it's to do with sys32 log files or something...
  8. HOST File help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOST File help: I'm basically ignorant about Host file. Mine was recently corrupted or wiped. I read it needs the gateway, ip etc. to get the internet going without lag or issue. Is there a fast way or software , program that corrects the issues with this, or what information do i need...
  9. Can't find file please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find file please help: I downloaded a game and I can find it listed in programs and features also in add or remove programs but when i click to delete they cannot find it it didn't install in the proper place and has gone missing completely Any help or ideas are appreciated submitted by...
  10. Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified: About 2 days ago I ran Avast Antivirus to make sure it didn't find anything. It marked something as malicious and I got rid of it to feel safe. Turned out to be some kind of "important" file? I'm not particularly sure, but whenever I turn on my PC it pops up a Windows...