Windows 10: Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32

Discus and support Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My hosts files disappeared in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Can some one help me to solve this? 19670 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by freexwin, Aug 27, 2015.

1. freexwin Win User

Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32

My hosts files disappeared in my C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Can some one help me to solve this?

:)

freexwin, Aug 27, 2015

2. with windows 10 why can't I name new folders on my pc

thank Mohammed and Annu for your help ! I was able to find and access SFC command Prompt admin. I did as you told me and typed in sfc scannow . But it said ( windows system 32 resource protection did not find any integrity violations ) my next question
    is ( why does it say windows 32 system when I have a 64 bit system? ) does this have any thing to do with why I can't name my files ?

Thanks ,

photoladyve, Aug 27, 2015
  3. AussieRJS Win User
    How do i reset the host file for Windows 10?

SOLVED

Went into system 32 hosts file in the laptop ..copied it to usb..went into system 32 hosts file in desktop computer copied it to usb calling it hosts old and placed it on the desktop just in case..then I deleted this file from system 32 and replaced it
    with the file on usb from the laptop..He presto no more 1012 errors.

Bob

AussieRJS, Aug 27, 2015
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Aug 27, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Try giving (copy/paste) %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in the Run dialog and choose Notepad to open.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help!!! why can't i find Hosts file in system 32 - Similar Threads - Help why can't

2. Windows Script Host Cannot Find Script File Please help!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Script Host Cannot Find Script File Please help!!: https://i.postimg.cc/XYwnCnzx/Screenshot-2.png Pretty sure its malware, ran a diagnostic and it found 10, but it didn't fix the issue. I think its also messing with my Photoshop https://i.postimg.cc/sgh5GH7s/Screenshot-3.png Idk, honestly I've been working on this for 2...
  3. I can't find wifi option. Why this happen to me please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find wifi option. Why this happen to me please help: [ATTACH] I can't find wifi option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-wifi-option-why-this-happen-to-me/2a80af53-fc16-49ea-b5d3-befa1203fdf1
  4. Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Script Host - The system cannot find the file specified: About 2 days ago I ran Avast Antivirus to make sure it didn't find anything. It marked something as malicious and I got rid of it to feel safe. Turned out to be some kind of "important" file? I'm not particularly sure, but whenever I turn on my PC it pops up a Windows...
  5. Help, file 32 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, file 32 is corrupted: I download a lot of mods, and was messing with downloading kali Linux a few days ago, now I have a error message after clicking around a bit: Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired The OS couldn’t be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors. File:...
  6. I can't open 32 bit files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open 32 bit files.: I can't open 32 bit files, when I try to open them either nothing happens or I get error 0xc000007b, I tried alot of methods, but none worked, what do I do? submitted by /u/sndicoot [link] [comments]...
  7. Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer: I spend hours searching through folders for files, images etc that I know exist on the system, but the search facility in Windows 10 doesn't find them. It sometimes will not find files that I've just saved - I can locate them, but explorer can't. In explorer I click on the...
  8. Can't edit Hosts file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't edit Hosts file: In the Path system32/Drivers/etc/hosts - the file does not show up but can be opened with win+r (notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts). When i try to edit it i cant save it and when i try to replace it dosent give me permission. the host file has a bunch of video game...
  9. My Hosts file is a system file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Hosts file is a system file: My hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc is a system folder and when i edit it it not like what is being show to other users on Youtube and here in Microsoft Community and i'm worry about edit it so i need a solution for this. PS : I'm using Windows 10 Pro 1809...
  10. Searching, but why can't I find them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching, but why can't I find them?: I have folders that contain daily files of data from my router. I have been trying to files named ConnectionStats that are followed by a date, so the full nam would be for example: ConnectionStats-yyyy-mm-dd-hh.mm.ss. Searches on ConnectionStats-yyyy succeed if the yyyy is...