Windows 10: HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

Discus and support HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackBalle, May 26, 2020.

1. JackBalle Win User

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

Every time i try to shut down this happens:

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox 146c7f6b-3a05-4e1c-b4b0-3781e5f44b74?upload=true.jpg

All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is.

Does anyone know what is going on?

:)

JackBalle, May 26, 2020

2. VirtualBox Win10 guest Display issues

What display adapter is listed in Device Manager in the guest?

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox [​IMG]

PolarNettles, May 26, 2020
  3. VirtualBox

Trying to install VirtualBox on Windows 10 Pro. But Microsoft Store wont allow, says I only allow apps from their store. How do I change this?

ChrisJones_9295, May 26, 2020
  4. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

SFC wont run from boot command prompt, says ....

What's confusing? Your goal is confusing and your test environment is confusing.
    Let's forget about the malware and SFC for the moment and regroup.

Q1: Tell me if your goal is to install 9926.

Q2: Tell me how you have Win10 setup - in a Virtual machine, as a secondary OS in dual boot, or as the primary and only OS.

Post a screen shot of your Disk Management:
    See: Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

Members have already suggested a Clean install - you don't need to update through Win10.
    easy steps
    1. Download the latest Win10 Preview build ISO on a uninfected machine.
    2. Burn the ISO to a disc
    3. clean out the current Win10 install
    4. install a new Win10 from the disc
    See: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html for the full instructions

Once your goal and test environment are clearly articulated, I or another member can help walk you through the full process. Don't overthink it though as you did with the Malware guide (it sounded to me as though you decided which scanners to run and did not run all of them). If you skip a step in the Clean Install, you'll just be wasting your time and wasting my time.

Answer the first two questions and post the Disk Management screen shot. Start there and focus on the goal.
    Step by step.

Slartybart, May 26, 2020
Thema:

HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

1. HELP. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox - Similar Threads - HELP Win10 wont

2. Win10 Pro random shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Pro random shut down: Just upgraded to Win10 Pro. Problems so I did a clean install unplugging all peripheral devices. Researched issues with random shut down and tried some. It has gotten better but still does it at least once per day and probably would do more since it seems to be use driven....
  3. Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox

Solved. Win10 wont shut down. Says VirtualBox: SOLVED: Found out I had a simple emulator running that used VirtualBox to run. Every time i try to shut down this happens: [ATTACH] All the help I can find acts like I should know what a virtualbox is. Does anyone know what is going on?...
  4. VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down

VirtualBox Crashes Windows 10 After Virtual OS Shuts Down: This happened to me today and I want to help others prevent this from happening to them. I was finishing up what I was doing on Kali Linux using VirtualBox, when I shut down Kali from inside the OS. It froze for a second, thenblue screened. I got a Kernel Security Failure....
  5. PC wont completely shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC wont completely shut down: Hi, For a while now, any time I press the power butting or click Shut Down on my PC, the screen will turn of but the fans and fan lights stay on. The only way to turn it of then is to power cycle it. However, if I put the computer to sleep or hibernate, the fans and lights...
  6. Help on Computer Shutting Down

Help on Computer Shutting Down: Hello -I am looking for help on fixing unwanted shut down on my computer. I asked the same question a few weeks ago and which was kindly answered ( thank you ) . That has helped but the problem seems to have returned today. ( I couldn't return to thank those that replied as...
  7. Windows 10 PC wont shut down

Windows 10 PC wont shut down: My Windows 10 PC has stopped shutting down. I have tried windows updates all up to date. SFC /SCANNOW running several virus checkers. What next? No system restore available before this started. 115100
  8. Shut down and update in win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shut down and update in win10: Hello, I noticed the last couple of days I had an update ready (KB3081424), it needed a restart to finalize this update. Both days I had to many applications open and thought by myself it will update when I shut down the computer when I go the bed or am finished with the...
  9. HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    HP probook wont shut down after win10 upgrade: Hi , My son upgraded a HP Probook from win 8.1 to win 10 and now it wont shut down using the normal start/power/shutdown option . If anyone has any ideas could you please give me a shout . Much obliged 21314
  10. HP proBook 6570b wont shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    HP proBook 6570b wont shut down: Hi , Sorry if this is a repeat of other threads , I can't find a solution . Problem : HP proBook 6570b goes into sleep mode when clicking on start /power / shutdown . What I have tried : went into advanced power setting in power & sleep tab and made sure the correct...