Windows 10: Help! Windows 10 installation problems

Discus and support Help! Windows 10 installation problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Startup Repair log file is located at: C:\Windows\System32\Logfile\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Startup Repair - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cpaz, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Cpaz Win User

Help! Windows 10 installation problems

Unfortunately the log tells me nothing. Only that "Yes there was a problem. Yes we did fix it. Will we tell you what we fixed? No." It's really counter intuitive...

EDIT:
    Having had time this weekend, I decided to try and "debug" this issue. I've found that, once again, it's the video driver. I'm going to try the most recent driver released, but if that doesn't work, it's back to 361.75.
    EDIT *again*:
    I've tried both drivers, and ended up with similar issues. The most recent driver yielding the first results (seriously nvidia, what the crap?) and reinstalling the older previously mentioned driver, yielded the other startup issue, (the one where startup repair works, but removes seemingly irrelevant program files and configs)
    I'm about done with this. I'm going to try and report this issue to nvidia themselves. Maybe it's my hardware configuration the drivers don't like. Until then, hibernate should suffice for now, as a much more temporary solution. Huge thanks again Arc! You've gotten me on the right track to this issue!
    I may return to this if/when I have more issues or maybe a solution to the problem.

Thema:

Help! Windows 10 installation problems

1. Help! Windows 10 installation problems - Similar Threads - Help installation problems

2. Desperate for help - Windows 10 Pro installation problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desperate for help - Windows 10 Pro installation problems: Hello, I have recently been having issues with Windows 7 and decided it was time to get an upgrade. So I went and bought a Windows 10 Pro OEM key, downloaded the Media Creation Tool and wanted to upgrade my PC. After doing everything like I was prompted to do, and verifying...
  3. Desperate for help - Windows 10 Pro installation problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperate for help - Windows 10 Pro installation problems: Hello, I have recently been having issues with Windows 7 and decided it was time to get an upgrade. So I went and bought a Windows 10 Pro OEM key, downloaded the Media Creation Tool and wanted to upgrade my PC. After doing everything like I was prompted to do, and verifying...
  4. Desperate for help - Windows 10 Pro installation problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Could anyone help me? (Windows 10 installation problems)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could anyone help me? (Windows 10 installation problems): I have linux installed right now on a surface pro 4 and I was wondering how to install windows 10 agian? I've tried installing windows but it has not worked. I've tried many fourms but none have helped. Could anyone help me? submitted by /u/USECODELAZAR114 [link]...
  6. Help for Installing Problem

Help for Installing Problem: My PC has the default language set in Chinese and I wanted to change it to English, I found out the only way to do that is to reinstall Windows 10, since my Windows is already the 10 Pro version instead of the single language version, I went to the Microsoft website to get a...
  7. Problem installing windows 10, need help!!

Problem installing windows 10, need help!!: I'm trying to install windows 10 on an old pc but whenever I boot from the usb drive that contains windows 10 it freezes on the windows logo with black background and nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this or why this is happening? submitted by...
  8. help, problem after installing windows 10 iso

help, problem after installing windows 10 iso: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Majin_Kayn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fm1fyy/help_problem_after_installing_windows_10_iso/
  9. Windows 10 Installation Problems HELP

Windows 10 Installation Problems HELP: Hi everyone, i was trying to help one of my friend. He needed to format his pc and reinstall windows 10 on Ssd instead of hdd like he has now. Created USB installation device with Media Tool (did 2 times). Installation starts and sometimes also completes but he's getting...
  10. Windows 10 Installation/Repair/Update problems - help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation/Repair/Update problems - help please: Hi Folks I an really, Really, REALLY getting annoyed with this. This thread details the history of the issues over the past few weeks ... Black Screen after Windows Update (Windows 10) See in particular posts #17 and 18 of that thread. I finally managed to get my...