Windows 10: [Help] Windows 10 startup issue.

Discus and support [Help] Windows 10 startup issue. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is some type of malware on my computer (running scans as i write this - i'll update when my system scan is complete) or if it's an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joechancey11, Dec 12, 2015.

1. [Help] Windows 10 startup issue.

I'm not sure if this is some type of malware on my computer (running scans as i write this - i'll update when my system scan is complete) or if it's an OS problem.

Randomly since Thursday my computer, once turned on, would load the desktop and only have my wallpaper visible with the toolbar and the toolbar would only display the windows logo, search box, and the task view button. It wouldn't display my icons on my desktop nor the task bar. Upon clicking anywhere on the desktop (especially the task bar) the cursor would turn to a loading symbol. I let the computer sit for over an hour and it was still the same.

So i restarted the computer and the Task bar was still blank like last time but my desktop icons loaded but the icons had the blank file picture instead of their actual icons. And to no surprise the computer would freeze the same as it did the first time. I couldn't click anywhere to boot in safe mode or anything like that. Upon 5-10 more restarts the problem never changed (except sometimes the task bar icons would load but they'd still freeze the desktop) so i just unplugged my computer and when to sleep.
    When i woke up i turned it on and it loaded my icons and desktop fine and it worked great. Solved right? I had no idea what caused the issue but i was down with a cold and still frustrated so i didn't think anything of it.

Now today i turned my computer on and the same issue happened. after 4 hours of restarting the computer over and over it finally worked and i was able to use it. I checked my startup programs to see if there was anything malicious that could be causing it, nothing. I hadn't updated windows in a while now (i hadn't installed the November 12th update yet) but i'm hesitant to restart my computer because if the update doesn't solve this issue i really don't wanna be sitting here for another 4 hours restarting my computer waiting for the 1 in 50 chance of it to work.

Opinions? *Sad

:)

Joechancey11, Dec 12, 2015

2. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Won't read SD CARD windows 10

Below is the result of following your Step 1. So my issue of Windows 10 not reading the SD is still not resolved. How come the required driver to allow Windows 10 to read the SD in my computer was not installed during the fix?

"There is a problem with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."

Windows 10 SD issue, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Geobod Win User

[Help] Windows 10 startup issue.

I think you're facing the same issue as i am but without the slow down of the PC. is it happening like this?

[Help] Windows 10 startup issue. [​IMG]

[Help] Windows 10 startup issue. [​IMG]

Geobod, Dec 12, 2015
  5. No that is not what im experiencing, this bug completely freezes your desktop and doesn't let me click anything. Can't windows key S for the command prompt, can't CRT + ALT + DELETE at all either. I saw that they removed the F8 button that if you press on startup on windows 7 computer you could start in safe mode, because apparently windows 10 loads to quickly for that to be effective. But they need to add a way for users to boot in safe mode similar to that. because i'm riding blind here...

Joechancey11, Dec 13, 2015
  6. Geobod Win User
    So it seems :/

Hopefully someone can fix both of our problems.

Geobod, Dec 13, 2015
  7. xzipp7 Win User
    I think it could be related to Hardware issue, your System memory RAM, you may check your Memory; clean the dust, try re-seating the memory, Maybe Use memtest to diagnose your memory, etc.

xzipp7, Dec 13, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you'd like to boot to safe mode to see what happens, you can using boot installation media.
    4 Ways To Boot Into Safe Mode In Windows 10

Search that for
    Boot From A Recovery Drive

Whilst your problem sounds bigger than or different to this Joechancey11, one solution offered when tiles go missing from the start menu is this well-known one:

With due credit to folks at The Windows Club for sharing this fix, here is the complete step-by-step guide to fix blank tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu:

Step 1: Press Windows Key + Q on the keyboard to bring up the Search Menu, type powershell and choose Windows PowerShell from the results. Then right-click on it and choose Run as administrator from the context menu to unlock special permissions and privileges.

Step 2: Type the following command in the administrative Windows PowerShell window, and then hit Enter key to execute the command:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait until the command is successfully executed, and then quit Windows PowerShell, before rebooting your computer. Once you restart the computer, problems with the Start Menu should be resolved.

dalchina, Dec 13, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Joechancey11: Have you run chkdsk and SFC /Scannow yet?

dalchina, Dec 13, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    Do a system restore. Pick a date Prior to that infamous "Thursday" as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [Help] Windows 10 startup issue. - Similar Threads - Help startup issue

2. Windows 11 - startup failures / other issues Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - startup failures / other issues Help?: I am a pretty skilled computer repair expert, but Windows 11 is still pretty new to me as 90% of Windows users still use windows 10, and it's not hard to see why. On my laptop right now, I occasionally have issues that end up with me losing my work. I'm looking to resolve...
  3. Windows 11 - startup failures / other issues Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - startup failures / other issues Help?: I am a pretty skilled computer repair expert, but Windows 11 is still pretty new to me as 90% of Windows users still use windows 10, and it's not hard to see why. On my laptop right now, I occasionally have issues that end up with me losing my work. I'm looking to resolve...
  4. Windows 10 Startup issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Startup issues: For some reason when I boot up my laptop, I only see CMD and nothing else. When I pressed ctrl+alt+del and opened task manager I saw that windows explorer wasn't running so I typed in "start explorer" on the cmd then I can see my screen. It happens every time I turn on my...
  5. Windows 10 startup issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 startup issues: This morning windows 10 stuck in an automatic repair boot loop failing every time. No update or significant event triggered the startup difficulties apparently, computer shut down without incident last night. Attempted to do startup repair, syatem restore, and revert to...
  6. Windows 10 startup issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 startup issues: Hi. I bought my Surface Pro 7 a month ago. Until yesterday, Windows startup took 15 seconds at longest. Now, suddenly overnight, it is taking 50 seconds with same version and same apps. I haven't done anything new. What should I do? This sudden change is driving me crazy....
  7. Windows 10 Startup issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Startup issues: Hi. I bought my Surface Pro 7 a month ago. Until yesterday, Windows startup took 15 seconds at longest. Now, suddenly overnight, it is taking 50 seconds with same version and same apps. I haven't done anything new. What should I do? This sudden change is driving me crazy....
  8. Windows 10 Startup issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Startup issue: i have problems with my pc! Problem 1.: If i try to install eset internet security or radeon driver after restart i loging in and i see blank screen with cursor or blinking windows desktop. problem 2.: With fast startup randomly restart my computer or i see an Kernel-Power...
  9. Windows 10 Startup issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Startup issues: Hi, I have a Old Lenovo T61 laptop with Windows 7. Recently battery is dead. Windows 7 worked perfect with dead battery. After updating to Windows 10, Laptop worked for 1 or 2 days. After that Windows 10 is not booting. The moment I press Start button, It goes till startup...
  10. Help troubleshooting startup issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Help troubleshooting startup issues: I have a self build PC from 2012. My SSD died and since then I have no end of trouble with it after restoring my backup to the new SSD, but that's another long story. So my problem is that (it seems to have a mind of it's own) I can boot it up into windows sometimes and then...