Windows 10: hibernation gone?

Discus and support hibernation gone? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so i dont use hibernate but I use hybrid sleep. For that reason AND the fact that the hibernate file can use up to like 75% of your memory in disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Aug 13, 2016.

1. klepp0906 Win User

hibernation gone?

so i dont use hibernate but I use hybrid sleep. For that reason AND the fact that the hibernate file can use up to like 75% of your memory in disk space - I decided to run the cmd to reduce its size (by half i think).

I also disabled UAC (via regedit) and disabled some services.

Unfortunately along with losing hibernate i also lose hybrid sleep as well as many of my c states.

I "assume" the culprit is one of the services I disabled, but which one?

anyone familair with which windows 10 enterprise services have a hand in hibernation?

One day i'll learn n stop tweaking hibernation gone? :p Not to mention I was MUCH more methodical this time (this reformat) yet I never thought to check if something removed hibernation etc.

So here I am humbly asking for some insight *Smile

SOLVED

in my haste i missed the part of the tutorial that indicated that half sizing your hibernation.sys file removes the ability to hibernate and as such use hybrid sleep @ all. Thats ridiculous, i couldnt even FIND the hiberfile let alone a half sized one but i digress.

Either way, silly oversight, easy fix. thx!

:)

klepp0906, Aug 13, 2016

2. Power settings (sleep/hibernate) not working properly in Windows 10.

My Thinkpad 11e (Yoga) goes to sleep but will not hibernate.

Have tried all the recommended fixes.

Given up.

Bad hibernate code in Windows 10.

I can manually request a hibernate and Windows will properly hibernate.

But it will not hibernate based on the sleep timers.

So, inconsistent hibernate code in Windows 10.

The aggravating thing is that hibernate worked until a few Windows updates ago.

Buggy code.

InsecureWebform, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

hibernation gone?

Brink, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

hibernation gone?

1. hibernation gone? - Similar Threads - hibernation gone

2. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  3. My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 laptop started hibernating on it’s own: I managed to stop it from hibernating; now it shuts down immediately after login or even when I don’t login. It’s so fast I can’t even get a window open to troubleshoot. At least when it hibernated I can get a couple things done before it shuts off again....
  4. hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE: I've tried looking for it in control panel but can't seem to find it. it was very helpful because on my Lenovo 11e there is a led for the ThinkPad logo and it gets very annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't what to shut it down because I want to save my work. Also,...
  5. hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hibernate option in windows 11 is COMPLETELY GONE: I've tried looking for it in control panel but can't seem to find it. it was very helpful because on my Lenovo 11e there is a led for the ThinkPad logo and it gets very annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't what to shut it down because I want to save my work. Also,...
  6. Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation suddenly gone from Start menu - can't activate though, as the option itself is...: See the screenshot for better explanation. The fast startup option is also missing, but i don't really care about that one. Any help is much appreciated. Currently running Win10 v20H2. If it helps, one of my RAM sticks has rendered being faulty (took the scan with Windows...
  7. Hibernate option gone since last update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate option gone since last update: ever since the last update the hibernate option has disappeared from the advanced power setting. the checkbox is also gone from the system settings even the "change settings that are unavailable". It no longer shows up and all I can choose from is to lock or sleep. It seems...
  8. Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone: Hi I am wondering if some one advise me. I have used the option one fix on a legitamate version of windows 10 in a vm machine. It works for 2 to 7 days then its gone. The vm stops working then. A reapplication of step one fixes this quickly. It is just most frustrating...
  9. Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working: Hello, On my ASUS T200TA running windows 10 x64 bit, I have encountered the problem that the hibernation function disappeared after updating to windows 10 from windows 8. The normal method (as presented in the tutorial on this very forum) to restore the function,...
  10. Hibernate / Sleep option gone after updating Desktop to Creators Ed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate / Sleep option gone after updating Desktop to Creators Ed.: Hi All, Afterupdating my Desktop to the new W10 x64 Creators Edition I lost my earlierHibernate and Sleep options. Whatever setting I put in into the regular powersaving menus the Desktop will only perform a complete power down mode. Does notmatter whether manually or...