Windows 10: Hidden File

Discus and support Hidden File in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedbil100, May 8, 2019.

1. fedbil100 Win User

Hidden File

Sandeep thanks for your reply as you say it can help forum users. However the original question was deleted by on of your Colleagues I cant see what I did wrong or what rule I broke. I dont know if you can retrieve it Thanks once again

:)

fedbil100, May 8, 2019

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 8, 2019
  3. Hidden File

Show hidden file button are unchecked

Hi Priyankjain,

We would like to know more about your concern. Please provide the following information:

• Have you enabled the Hidden files and folders view tab before?
    • Are there any changes made prior to this issue
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To perform the SFC Scan, you may refer to this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Hidden File

1. Hidden File - Similar Threads - Hidden File

2. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  3. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  4. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...
  5. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...
  6. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. In Clipchamp, file explorer is hidden in xbox game bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Clipchamp, file explorer is hidden in xbox game bar recording: like its recording everything, but as soon as i want to upload something thru the file explorer, the file explorer i hidden in the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-clipchamp-file-explorer-is-hidden-in-xbox-game/3b00c6d2-1979-4f71-9303-eb5ba003d263
  8. In Clipchamp, file explorer is hidden in xbox game bar recording

In Clipchamp, file explorer is hidden in xbox game bar recording: like its recording everything, but as soon as i want to upload something thru the file explorer, the file explorer i hidden in the video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-clipchamp-file-explorer-is-hidden-in-xbox-game/3b00c6d2-1979-4f71-9303-eb5ba003d263
  9. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  10. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...