Windows 10: Hidden files

Discus and support Hidden files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, May 26, 2017.

1. Hidden files

There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past). The files can be seen but again, it's somewhat cumbersome. Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

:)

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  2. Hidden files

Hi,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate the time and effort spent in resolving the above issue.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member

Hidden files

zbook, May 26, 2017
  4. It's not due to a properties setting. It's something totally different. I just can't recall it. DANG!!!

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    In a Command Prompt, enter: attrib +s +h path to file/folder with quotes

Hidden files [​IMG]

To undo the action, use -s and -h

Edwin, May 27, 2017
  6. RonNewYork, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hidden files

1. Hidden files - Similar Threads - Hidden files

2. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  3. Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There a 3rd Party Backup App That Also Saves the Hidden Files But Uses File History: Hi Windows Backup friends. File History sadly the hidden files which sometimes have the save files for games won't be included, does anyone know a 3rd-party app or a Command Prompt or Powershell command that will include the hidden files and folders when your use File History...
  4. Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open: Dear Microsoft team,I have several problems that seem to be related to having restored my system to a time before the last Windows 11 update. Actually, it began with my new bluetooth earbuds not working properly with my Lenovo laptop while they work perfectly with my phone. I...
  5. Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open

Problems after Windows update, restored system, now files are hidden and some apps don't open: Dear Microsoft team,I have several problems that seem to be related to having restored my system to a time before the last Windows 11 update. Actually, it began with my new bluetooth earbuds not working properly with my Lenovo laptop while they work perfectly with my phone. I...
  6. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  7. Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?

Does File History Also Backup the Hidden Files and Hidden Folders Like AppData?: Hi Microsoft friends, does File History I think that's the weakest way to repair and recover compared to the many Windows tools to repair and recover- too many though it's confusing but File History is the to easiest use backup the hidden files and hidden folders in say the...
  8. Why cants see hidden files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cants see hidden files?: In Explorer, I went under the view and set it to see hidden files. However, immediately after that, the Explorer reloaded and the setting did not change. What's happening?...
  9. Why cants see hidden files?

Why cants see hidden files?: In Explorer, I went under the view and set it to see hidden files. However, immediately after that, the Explorer reloaded and the setting did not change. What's happening?...
  10. Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only search for hidden files in Windows 11 File Explorer search bar: Hello,I want to search my entire PC for any hidden files that I may need to transfer from my old computer mainly due to how Minecraft Java Edition saves in AppData; which is hidden. Is it possible to only search for hidden files in the search bar? I have tried...