Windows 10: Hidden files

Discus and support Hidden files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, May 26, 2017.

1. Hidden files

There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past). The files can be seen but again, it's somewhat cumbersome. Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

:)

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  2. Hidden files

Hi,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate the time and effort spent in resolving the above issue.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member

Hidden files

zbook, May 26, 2017
  4. It's not due to a properties setting. It's something totally different. I just can't recall it. DANG!!!

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    In a Command Prompt, enter: attrib +s +h path to file/folder with quotes

Hidden files [​IMG]

To undo the action, use -s and -h

Edwin, May 27, 2017
  6. RonNewYork, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hidden files

1. Hidden files - Similar Threads - Hidden files

2. Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessive amount of unknown hidden files/folders: A short recap of what led me up to posting for help: My laptop has been increasingly growing slower and even after 3 clean re-installs of Windows, within a day or 2 each time it returns to the same slow state and the storage close to being full. I ran Malwarebytes scans, ADW...
  3. Windows Update KB50001337 seems to have erased or at least hidden most of my files and folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update KB50001337 seems to have erased or at least hidden most of my files and folders: I run Windows 10Home, version 1909, installed 2020-03-25. I encountered astandard update notice from Microsoft, asking me to schedule the necessary“restart”, last Thursday April 15; it may have arrived earlier, but not bymuch I think. I told it to do the update and...
  4. Hidden Files not Visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Files not Visible: After the latest update I can no longer see hidden files. Updated to: V10.0.19042 Build 1942 When I try to select "View Hidden Files" the checkbox shows a tick which then disappears. Going via settings and setting the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" accepts the...
  5. Can I search in File Explorer for only hidden files or system files or both?

Can I search in File Explorer for only hidden files or system files or both?: Is there a way to do an advanced search with File Explorer for only system files or for only hidden files or only files that are both hidden and system? Any help much appreciated...
  6. Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inserting cd opens Microsoft store. Only folders on CDs visible. files hidden. No start for...: I uploaded a program from the Microsoft store in order to view a film cd I had brought from Italy, Since then I have the following problems 1 inserting any disk in the CD opens the Microsoft store, There is no way around it. 2 opening the CD in file explorer, including the...
  7. How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete hidden files in D formatted drive?: i formatted D Drive Completely and its empty. But when im using defraggler theres a files 117.9 MB files are still there. how to delete them? [ATTACH] 173930
  8. Unable to Remove System Attribute - Not resetting hidden file

Unable to Remove System Attribute - Not resetting hidden file: I had a directory that had both the hidden and systemattributes. I wanted it to be visible. I kept trying to fix each of these individually using the Attributecommand: ATTRIB -S C:\X ATTRIB -H C:\X And each time, I got back the message it wouldn't be done: Not...
  9. 200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    200GB Worth of Files; All Hidden on Flash Drive: Rundown: I updated my old Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10, hoping it would speed up, it did. Etc. I found my windows.old file, checked properties, saw it was 222GB (yes. It belonged to my mom I have no idea why she has so much), so used Robocopy to move it to my flash drive....
  10. Hidden Data Files

Hidden Data Files: I am maintaining a program deveIoped under the x86 environment. I cannot find data for x86 program running under windows 10. the program installs to the program filesx86 folder but the data is going to another location. I need to review the data files before release of an...