Windows 10: Hidden files

Discus and support Hidden files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, May 26, 2017.

1. Hidden files

There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past). The files can be seen but again, it's somewhat cumbersome. Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

:)

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  2. Hidden files

Hi,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate the time and effort spent in resolving the above issue.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member

Hidden files

zbook, May 26, 2017
  4. It's not due to a properties setting. It's something totally different. I just can't recall it. DANG!!!

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    In a Command Prompt, enter: attrib +s +h path to file/folder with quotes

Hidden files [​IMG]

To undo the action, use -s and -h

Edwin, May 27, 2017
  6. RonNewYork, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hidden files

1. Hidden files - Similar Threads - Hidden files

2. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From: Hello,I am trying to move some important files from one ssd old OS drive to another ssd new OS drive, I did this by moving all the important files into one folder and copying the folder into a third drive that won't be removed to serve as a middle man. The copied folder...
  3. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From: Hello,I am trying to move some important files from one ssd old OS drive to another ssd new OS drive, I did this by moving all the important files into one folder and copying the folder into a third drive that won't be removed to serve as a middle man. The copied folder...
  4. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Hidden Files: I have a folder which has a subfolder but no files.When accessed the folder using GetFiles statement, the array contained 2 files.When checked their names, I found their names started with "~". Even though my folder view option says "Display Hidden Items" these files were not...
  6. System Hidden Files

System Hidden Files: I have a folder which has a subfolder but no files.When accessed the folder using GetFiles statement, the array contained 2 files.When checked their names, I found their names started with "~". Even though my folder view option says "Display Hidden Items" these files were not...
  7. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there....
  8. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there....
  9. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8