Windows 10: Hidden files

Discus and support Hidden files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RonNewYork, May 26, 2017.

1. Hidden files

There's a method for hiding files in Windows. Not using the "system" or hidden attribute, but something else, which escape me now. It's a bit cumbersome (for me) to use it but I have. I read where Microsoft uses this method when downloading files (uses or used in the past). The files can be seen but again, it's somewhat cumbersome. Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

:)

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  2. Hidden files

Hi,

Glad to know your issue is resolved. We appreciate the time and effort spent in resolving the above issue.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any Windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2017
  3. zbook New Member

Hidden files

zbook, May 26, 2017
  4. It's not due to a properties setting. It's something totally different. I just can't recall it. DANG!!!

RonNewYork, May 26, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    In a Command Prompt, enter: attrib +s +h path to file/folder with quotes

Hidden files [​IMG]

To undo the action, use -s and -h

Edwin, May 27, 2017
  6. RonNewYork, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hidden files

1. Hidden files - Similar Threads - Hidden files

2. Can show hidden files but not empty drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can show hidden files but not empty drives?: Hello, first sorry im not speak english. Is possible show hidden folder and files but hide empty drives? I need if is possible, view folders, and files hidden. But i have a card reader and in the explorar show all units even empty units. It's quite annoying. I have...
  3. Just found about the hidden File explorer!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just found about the hidden File explorer!!: [ATTACH] Apparently Microsoft has been developing a hidden File explorer. I got it from here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-hidden-modern-file-explorer-app-windows-10 Also, it can added to the start menu by moving the shortcut to...
  4. Recovering Hidden Files

Recovering Hidden Files: I am trying to recover hidden files from a USB Drive using CMD, but I am getting an invalid use warning. I am running Windows 10. I have used: ATTRIB -h -r -s/s/d c:-users-john If someone can assist, I would be grateful. Best regards John. Do you mean doing the first...
  5. Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether...: Hi, I have found some hidden file in my system window 10. First, I want to check whether they're harmful. Second, I have tried to delete some of the found files using del [file name], but when I run the dir/a command I still find the file I deleted earlier. I have attached...
  6. Random file appeared in my root C drive (Hidden item)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random file appeared in my root C drive (Hidden item): [ATTACH] So I normally have my settings so that I am able to see Hidden Items in my file explorer, and recently I just noticed this weird file that is a hiden file and was created on May 5th....
  7. Unable to hide my "hidden files"

Unable to hide my "hidden files": When I am using the file explorer, hidden files/folders are shown as lightly colored files/folders, which means they are hidden. In order to make them not show while I use the file explorer, I have to go to the view settings are change the "show hidden files/folders" setting...
  8. Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden

Invisible files from 3rd party software not hidden: Hi All - I'm using some 3rd party software that creates a number of files/folders into my destination directory. But the files/folders are invisible for all applications except the 3rd party software. I've checked that "hidden files" are visible view options in explorer -...
  9. I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my...

I changed my AppData file folder to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my...: Just as the title says... I changed my AppData file to "Shown" and then back to "Hidden", now most of my programs won't run... I tried resetting my PC, but I keep getting the message: There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made. I can't figure out how to...
  10. OneDriveTemp Hidden file on C:\...vhdx

OneDriveTemp Hidden file on C:\...vhdx: Hi, I noticed there is a hidden file named; OneDriveTemp Hidden file on C:\ It's also shown that is a .vhdx The strange is when I tried to mount this .vhdx to check what is inside it, I got message says; this locked by bitlocker, to open it you must enter the USB, etc, I...