Windows 10: Hidden taskbar Icons - explorer.exe restart required

Discus and support Hidden taskbar Icons - explorer.exe restart required in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am having issues with multiple computers. After upgrading to windows 10, task bar application icons randomly disappear when opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Wick, Jun 22, 2016.

1. John Wick Win User

Hidden taskbar Icons - explorer.exe restart required

Hello,

I am having issues with multiple computers. After upgrading to windows 10, task bar application icons randomly disappear when opening multiple files. The main application which disappears is excel 2010. Not all of the open files disappear, just some of them. I first looked into all the excel options and they were all set accordingly. ie. "Show all windows in task bar". I also preformed Offcat scans and re-installations. I also tried to change the task bar properties to not combine, combine when full or always combine. The issue still didn't resolve.

The only thing that seemed to make the icons reappear was to restart windows explorer when they disappear. This is rather annoying to have to do all the time. Does anyone know of any solutions to this?

Thank you,

:)

John Wick, Jun 22, 2016

2. Problem with refreshing icons in taskbar on Windows 10

• Only refresh pined icons and icons of open programs in taskbar
    • No, I have this problem of 29.7.2015.

Restart explorer.exe not fix problem.

MareŽeželj, Jun 22, 2016
  3. cpcutx Win User
    Switching languages for my keyboard

I did this and it isn't showing, not even as hidden. Does the setting require a computer restart?

cpcutx, Jun 22, 2016
  4. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Jun 22, 2016
  5. John Wick Win User
    Neither the icon cache repair or the Notification area reset fixed the issue.

John Wick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hidden taskbar Icons - explorer.exe restart required - Similar Threads - Hidden taskbar Icons

2. Taskbar hidden icons issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden icons issue: Did Windows 11 upade last night and my taskbar hidden looks like in screenshot, not ahuge issue, but it is kinda annoying, Can I fix that sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-hidden-icons-issue/6d6c3987-1872-4059-944f-8fd258c95b1d
  3. Taskbar hidden icons issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden icons issue: Did Windows 11 upade last night and my taskbar hidden looks like in screenshot, not ahuge issue, but it is kinda annoying, Can I fix that sorry for my english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-hidden-icons-issue/6d6c3987-1872-4059-944f-8fd258c95b1d
  4. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  5. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  7. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  8. Difrent icons on hidden taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difrent icons on hidden taskbar: As you can see...……. any ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difrent-icons-on-hidden-taskbar/b0d3cc8a-9854-4cbf-aa64-58c7941caf4d
  9. Taskbar remove hidden icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar remove hidden icons: Dear folks In the snapshot attached if I want how can I remove hidden icons in the task bar ? Thanks [img] 101102
  10. Always show hidden icons on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show hidden icons on taskbar?: Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? [img] 5235
Tags: