Windows 10: Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

Discus and support Hide Documents library privacy settings from search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use the search bar to find folders very often - it works a hell of a lot better than previous versions of Windows and my hands don't have to leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexander Bell, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

I use the search bar to find folders very often - it works a hell of a lot better than previous versions of Windows and my hands don't have to leave the keyboard for me to find the folder or file I need. Works great, except when I want to get to my Documents folder. For some odd reason, the highlighted search result is some obscure Settings page called Documents library privacy settings. Probably handy for those who need it - but I don't. Don't think I ever will. So I press the Windows key to open Start, I type documents and press Enter. Tell me why I get a settings page one would use very rarely if at all instead of the well known and useful Documents folder which is where I'm trying to get to.

Are there any ways to remove that particular Settings page from search (while keeping others), or prioritize the Documents folder above that Settings page? I think a setting to change which Settings pages appear in Search would be great for many more than just myself. I tried using gpedit as in this guide and that did nothing, not even disable access in the Settings app directly much less remove it from Search.

edit note I do know about folder: search prefix but why do I have to type that out instead of just searching for Documents and getting the Documents folder

***Original title: Settings pages in Windows 10 Search***

:)

Alexander Bell, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 Desktop, Unable to remove Homegroup or Libraries icons

Hi,

Good to know that worked, please try these steps to hide libraries :

Note: This is default settings and not recommended as it contains your document, pictures, videos ,music files.

To Hide or Show Libraries in File Explorer Navigation Pane

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the navigation pane on the left side
    • Click/tap on Show libraries to uncheck it.
    To Hide or Show Libraries in File Explorer Options

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click/tap on the View tab
    • Locate Navigation pane
    • Uncheck Show libraries, and click/tap on OK.
    To Hide or Show Libraries in File Explorer Ribbon

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click/tap on the View tab,
    • Go to Option
    • Click on Change folder and search option
    • Go to View
    • Locate the Navigation pane
    • Uncheck on Show libraries to uncheck it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

Set Save Location for Library in Windows 10

Hello tfwul,

Sorry. It was assumed that Libraries would have already been set to show by the user, but I added a tutorial link in the steps for those that didn't. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search :)

Brink, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

1. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search - Similar Threads - Hide Documents library

2. How to Hide or Remove Games from Steam Library

in Windows 10 News
    How to Hide or Remove Games from Steam Library: [IMG]Steam is a go-to gaming platform for a lot of gamers. Truth be told, it’s one of the best as well. The developers have made it so easy for a user to just download a game and it will be added to the Steam library. However, still what most people don’t know is how to […]...
  3. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy Settings: I am having a problem with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have already logged in with my Xbox Live account as I wanted to join servers and play multiplayer. As I logged in, it showed "You cannot play multiplayer through Xbox Live because of how your account is set up. This...
  4. Privacy settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Privacy settings: When In Settings>Privacyonly under Windows permissions>diagnostics&feedback and App permissions>Camera do I get*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I am the only one using this laptop and am shown as administrator. How can I resolve this...
  5. privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    privacy settings: ever time i try to change my privacy settings and i hit submit they just wont change what do i do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-settings/426c2edf-34bc-4ad7-b165-25c56b69f2cc
  6. Downloading data from Library Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading data from Library Documents: New computer replacing 8 year old computer. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Many documents were stored in Library "Documents" (not C or D drive) but unable to locate. Have Hard Drive from old computer in docking station but unable to locate files?...
  7. Remove Owned apps from app library (NOT just hide)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove Owned apps from app library (NOT just hide): Ok Im looking for an app in the Msoft Store that has feature 'X'.... I had to download 10 different but similar apps before I found the one that does what I need.... The other 9 I just tried for 30 seconds each and hated them so uninstalled em.... All 10 of these apps...
  8. Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by...: Is it safe and secure to let apps have access to your documents library privacy setting by leaving the app toggle on? * Original title: Security * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS assumed to be Windows 10...
  9. Hide Documents library privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings?: I want to hide Documents library privacy settings from search. When I try to get to my Documents folder, the search result is Settings page called Documents library privacy settings. I really don’t need it but I really need the folder I am trying to find. Why am I getting a...
  10. Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Privacy Settings: I have 2 All in Ones and they both use Windows 10. If I make a change to one of them it effects the other and I wish to eliminate this. What are the correct privacy settings that I need to make so they run independent, Thank you 81129

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DOCUMENTS library privacy settings

2. documents library privacy settingsHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments

3. Documents library privacy settingsDocuments library privacy settings

4. documents library privacy settings ents,
  5. documents library privacy settings ments,
  6. documents library privacy settings play dvd,
  7. documents library privacy settings 12.10,
  8. umentsments library privacy settings,
  9. how to hide a documents settings