Windows 10: HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task...

Discus and support HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After we deployed Windows 10 1803 via SCCM TS on computers with Wifi adapter automatically enabled, there is a step in the OOBE Setup Wizard to choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharkbone(I), Sep 13, 2018.

1. HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task...

After we deployed Windows 10 1803 via SCCM TS on computers with Wifi adapter automatically enabled, there is a step in the OOBE Setup Wizard to choose or skip the Wifi network, even if the ethernet card is active. The wireless setup prompts upon first logon attempt, during this process the logon step is skipped and you are requested to either choose a wireless network to connect to or skip before logon works again.

Funny enough the windows login works only upon a second attempt and after this step (wireless prompt dialogue) has been selected or skipped.

I tried to fix this by adding following line to my unattend.xml but didnt do the trick

:)

Sharkbone(I), Sep 13, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Brink Win User
    Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task... :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task...

Search option next to Windows symbol is not working!!

Hi Darshanhk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try running DISM scan by following the below steps:

• Press Windows key, and type CMD in search. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator.
      • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 3: PowerShell

Step: 1 Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip:
    Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

Step: 2 Click File > Run New Task

Step: 3 Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

Step: 4 Type PowerShell

Step: 5 Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Step: 6 Close the PowerShell window

Step: 7 Reboot

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task...

1. HideWirelessSetupInOOBE not working. Wireless setup option still prompts after Task... - Similar Threads - HideWirelessSetupInOOBE working Wireless

2. After Removing School account, Still prompted to sign into it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Removing School account, Still prompted to sign into it.: While I was enrolled in school, I had a school Microsoft 365 account. I am no longer in school and now have a personal Microsoft 365 subscription. I have removed the school account from my computer, but I am still prompted to sign into that school account every time I open...
  3. After Removing School account, Still prompted to sign into it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Removing School account, Still prompted to sign into it.: While I was enrolled in school, I had a school Microsoft 365 account. I am no longer in school and now have a personal Microsoft 365 subscription. I have removed the school account from my computer, but I am still prompted to sign into that school account every time I open...
  4. Power Options CS not available, CMD prompt options not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options CS not available, CMD prompt options not working: Hi, I recently updated my windows and it reset all of my settings Core count, power settings, etc. and when I tried to fix all of that I got to power in the regestry editor to find that the CSenabled was gone. I searched around and couldn't find it. Then I tried to use CMD...
  5. Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler "Open With" Prompt: Hello.... I am having a strange issue. I have a small program that I use to sync my computers. In order to run this program automatically overnight, I set up a task in Windows Task Scheduler. I have a task setup to shutdown any programs that may prevent files from syncing and...
  6. wireless connection setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless connection setup: I am trying to setup a wireless connection on my laptop. The only way so far I have been able to connect to internet is using an ethernet cable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  7. Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working

in Cortana
    Windows taskbar,task manager, command prompt not working: So after I signed onto my PC as usual I noticed that I was not able to click on my taskbar I was only able to open windows file explorer. Any way to fix this?...
  8. UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC is off; still getting permission prompts for mundane tasks.: Hello. I'm having an issue after upgrading to windows 10 from 7. I've been getting a lot of strange administrator permission prompts, despite being on the admin account and having UAC completely off. This occurs on very mundane operations, such as deleting a photo or even...
  9. Drive missing in "This PC" but still works fine in command prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive missing in "This PC" but still works fine in command prompt: This problem is usually fixed by slow solutions such as restarting my PC. But I run into this every day, so I need a better solution. I have a Buffalo NAS (network hard drive). I have to keep that at Auto-on mode because it's noisy. So everytime I want to turn the drive on, I...
  10. Windows Setup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Setup Option: When logging on to Windows 10 one of the early screens gives a timed option to select either Windows 10 or Windows Setup. The second option takes you to Windows Boot Manager. Could someone please tell me if this option screen is a fixed feature of Windows 10 and, if it is,...