Windows 10: Hiding a specific app from start menu

Discus and support Hiding a specific app from start menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Redditors, I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wookiee_King, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hiding a specific app from start menu

Hello Redditors,

I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud" appeared on my Start Menu. I have checked in both "all user start menu" and "current user start menu" folders, but it seems that there is no shortcut to that application. I have tried to uninstall the app but after a while it was reinstalled automatically once again. I know that some apps can be hidden by using the "Registry Editor", but I forgot exactly in which folder I should go to. If you can help me I would be really grateful. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, Wookiee_King

submitted by /u/Wookiee_King
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Wookiee_King, Jan 5, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jan 5, 2020
  3. pinakel Win User
    can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

pinakel, Jan 5, 2020
  4. pinakel Win User

Hiding a specific app from start menu

can not hide app list in start menu

I format the pc again. Then hide the app list, before installing any app/softwares

Thanks for your help

pinakel, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Hiding a specific app from start menu

1. Hiding a specific app from start menu - Similar Threads - Hiding specific app

2. Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results: How do I disable this recent list?:... but apparently it makes no difference to the list of recent files found when you enter an app name in the search bar, e.g. type "irfanview", etc....
  3. Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable recent files from specific apps in start menu or search results: How do I disable this recent list?:... but apparently it makes no difference to the list of recent files found when you enter an app name in the search bar, e.g. type "irfanview", etc....
  4. Want to hide taskbar for specific app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to hide taskbar for specific app: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,The problem is that I use Premiere Pro and my screen resolution is 1920x1080. So that Windows taskbar takes much space and makes app narrow. I don't want to auto hide taskbar forever because I need it. I want that my taskbar is visible and when I...
  5. Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to remove/hide metro apps from the start menu WITHOUT removing them from the...: Hi everyone, just done a fresh install of Windows 10 and usually i would spend a bit of time forcefully removing apps from the start menu, but in recent times ive had issues with not being able to update Windows 10, presumably because i've removed something i've not supposed...
  6. Apps not running from start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not running from start menu: After a Windows update the apps on the start menú are not running. When I click on them it show a white bar beneat the icon but it does not load or anything. Thank you for your help....
  7. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home: My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start...
  8. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  9. Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...