Windows 10: hiding desktop icons

Discus and support hiding desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tuffystar1954, Dec 10, 2019.

1. hiding desktop icons

How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10?

:)

tuffystar1954, Dec 10, 2019

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 10, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

hiding desktop icons

No Hide Desktop Icons on x64 XP?

My computer decided it wanted my attention and I ended up having to reinstall it. After deleting the partition I realized I lent out my Vista disc so I ended up having to borrow a x64 XP my friend downstairs has until I can get my disc back. Anyway, when I right click the desktop and go to Arrange Icons there is no option there to hide icons on the desktop like I'm accustomed to on other versions of XP. Is there some way to do this with this version of XP? At the moment all I have on the desktop is the recycling bin, so if its not I suppose its not the end of the world, but I'd still like the option since I do like to let files accumulate there without having to stare at them.

OrbitzXT, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

hiding desktop icons

1. hiding desktop icons - Similar Threads - hiding desktop icons

2. What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons....: What happened to desktop icon shortcut on taskbar. On windows 10 when I hide desktop icons. There was a shortcut to them on taskbar. Where is that shortcut on windows 11...
  3. How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I hide the text under icons on the desktop?: The Alt 255 thing doesn't work for me submitted by /u/thegodamn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mifigh/how_can_i_hide_the_text_under_icons_on_the_desktop/
  4. Hide desktop icons on startup???

Hide desktop icons on startup???: SOLVED! :) How can I hide all desktop icons? ------------------------------------------------- I know how to hide the desktop icons by right clicking and choosing View then disabling Show unchecked Show Desktop Icons. But how does one make this permanent so that during...
  5. Show/Hide Desktop icons

Show/Hide Desktop icons: Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide or show desktop icons? submitted by /u/Deathpact231 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i193tb/showhide_desktop_icons/
  6. Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons": How do I disable "Double-click to Hide Desktop Icons"? I went into the Local Group Policy Editor and tried to disable it there but it doesn't work. While on the desktop I'll sometimes double-click by accident and it'll hide the icons. It gets annoying after a while. Any info...
  7. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  8. Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide: Hello Everybody If I want hide my desktop Icons I must click hide desktop icons.... but one time is not enough, it happens only at second turn. If reebot the icons returns show. How I can resolve? Thank you...
  9. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419
  10. Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves...