Windows 10: High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?)

Discus and support High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just out of curiosity... Does anyone out there have a clue as to why the Windows Font Cache Service shows 'Very High' Power usage trend. All other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tfwul, Sep 26, 2019.

1. tfwul Win User

High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?)

Just out of curiosity...

Does anyone out there have a clue as to why the Windows Font Cache Service shows 'Very High' Power usage trend.

All other items are either low or very low.

Thanks.

=

High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?) [​IMG]

:)

tfwul, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Corrupted Fonts

In addition you can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.

• Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.

• Start Windows Font Cache service again.

If you have Ccleaner installed it's possible that you'd need CCEnhancer to see the font cache option.

If you don't have it - read this:

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Callender, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Bill.P. Win User
    HIGH POWER USAGE WITH MICROSOFT EDGE

Hi André, I'm Bill.

You could try resetting Edge to it's original unused state, which might disable whatever process is using so much power. Here are the steps you can follow:

- Click Start and type "apps & features".

- Select Apps & Features.

- Find the app in the list and select it.

- Click Advanced Options

- Click Reset.

Keep in mind you'll lose customisation within Edge, so you might need to set it up how you like it again once you've done this. Hopefully this stops the high power usage, but if not, let me know! Thanks!

Bill.P., Sep 26, 2019
  4. High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?)

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?)

1. High Power Usage by Windows Font Cache Service (?) - Similar Threads - High Power Usage

2. Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high: As you can see above, Antimalware Service Excutable power usage is very high and my laptop makes a fan noise all-day long. It's very stressful. It was ok up until several weeks ago, but it's been louder since I updated at some point. I've done everything that people...
  3. Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high: As you can see above, Antimalware Service Excutable power usage is very high and my laptop makes a fan noise all-day long. It's very stressful. It was ok up until several weeks ago, but it's been louder since I updated at some point. I've done everything that people...
  4. Antimalware Service Excutable power usage very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High & Very High Power usage from "System" service at idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High & Very High Power usage from "System" service at idle: i been having this problem for a while and i tried alot of things, even contacting microsoft support live chat about it,first of all, my laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming, with i7 9750H, Gtx 1650 Mobile, 16GB ram, 256GB NVMe + 1TB HDDas the title says, system...
  6. High & Very High Power usage from "System" service at idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High & Very High Power usage from "System" service at idle: i been having this problem for a while and i tried alot of things, even contacting microsoft support live chat about it,first of all, my laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming, with i7 9750H, Gtx 1650 Mobile, 16GB ram, 256GB NVMe + 1TB HDDas the title says, system...
  7. High & Very High Power usage from "System" service at idle

8. High CPU and power usage by Antimalware Service Executable.

High CPU and power usage by Antimalware Service Executable.: The Antimalware service executable is running every time and consuming 10%-12% of CPU and a lot of power. Because of this the batttery is draining very fast. Please help with this issue. Screenshot:...
  9. High Power Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Power Usage: Does someone know why this ICEpower Service has such a high power usage? I checked it with Security Task Manager, so it can't be a virus (probably?) I already researched on the web, but I didn't find anything useful. Here is a screenshot Thanks in advance submitted by...
  10. High Power usage/ Power usage Trend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Power usage/ Power usage Trend: Ive just recently realise that task manager shows some of my applications running at High Power Usage/Trend, should this worry me? I had Destiny 2 downloading this morning on Steam and Steam client was reading between "Moderate to High" Also i make music using Ableton and...