Windows 10: Homegroup blocked after creator installation

Discus and support Homegroup blocked after creator installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I used to have a home group across a laptop and a desktop both running windows 10 ( before the creator build) which was working as it should.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oeivinr, Sep 25, 2017.

1. oeivinr Win User

Homegroup blocked after creator installation

Hi,

I used to have a home group across a laptop and a desktop both running windows 10 ( before the creator build) which was working as it should. Now, neither computer are on the home group. Trying to log on with the old password fails. I find no option how to set up a new home group, so I don't know how to proceed. Could somebody please help me with this issue?

ØR

:)

oeivinr, Sep 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 HomeGroup Issues

Homegroup is useless and does nothing. that is what network folder is for with printer sharing already there too.. Microsoft is discontinuing homegroup in next creators pack or the one after that.

seahawks65, Sep 25, 2017
  3. MikeyVan Win User
    Homegroup

Could not change homegroup settings after creator's update, THE SOLUTION IS POSTED ON THE INTERNET

MikeyVan, Sep 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member
Thema:

Homegroup blocked after creator installation

1. Homegroup blocked after creator installation - Similar Threads - Homegroup blocked creator

2. Blue screen after installing Creators Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen after installing Creators Update: I've been running Windows 10 Education on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe based system for 2ys now and as far as I remember haven't had a blue screen So I rebuilt my machine today with Windows 10 Enterprise Build 15063.138 and now when I try to play MP4 or MKV files I get a...
  3. Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem After Installing Fall Creators Edition: I did a clean install (deleted all partitions) and having a strange problem...When I download a program and try to install it, the UAC comes up and warns me that "YOUR ORGANIZATION HAS PREVENTED YOU FROM INSTALLING THIS APPLICATION"... It won't let me install anything...I...
  4. Windows 10 Creators uninstall program automatically and block install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Creators uninstall program automatically and block install: Hi. Guys, I have serious problems here. Windows 10 creators update unistalled my old version of Firebird Program without my consent! More than that, after the update/upgrade, windows 10 creators is blocking any attempt to reinstall the program! I have already check te...
  5. Re-install Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-install Homegroup: Hi all, I help in a small school which has 6 laptops and one desktop. All running Win10 Pro fully updated. Each machine has one user account (for all pupils), and an admin account (password protected for staff only). I set up a homegroup from the desktop machine to allow...
  6. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue: Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup. 1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see...
  7. Homegroup madness after Creators Update

Homegroup madness after Creators Update: Greetings all. Although it's my first post here, I feel as if I know some of you fairly well after reading dozens of posts about Windows 10 Homegroup problems. Nevertheless, despite all the reading I've done, I am unable to solve this very irritating problem I'm having....
  8. Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network: hi, I believe my network was messed up by installing Windows 10 creator update. Now, I am running Windows 10 fall creator, but unfortunately the problem remains. I have a small network consisting of of a single desktop and a single laptop both running Windows 10 fall...
  9. 2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup: Hello, My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10. First, my system is as follows: there are 4 computers: 3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem...
  10. Win 10 after creators update installed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 after creators update installed: After creators update installed I have gotten pages Windows services running. My machine is running at about 50% CPU. At idle it's usually around 15 to 2%. I've never seen so many services running at 1 time sine Win NT!! See Screen captures 1 & 2 90542