Windows 10: Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips

Discus and support Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Until now, when I clicked on the "^" on the right of the taskbar to show hidden icons, I could hover over each one an get a "tool tip" about that icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JimInWoodstock, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips

Until now, when I clicked on the "^" on the right of the taskbar to show hidden icons, I could hover over each one an get a "tool tip" about that icon (usually the name of the program belonging to the icon). The tool tips are no longer working. The icons are there and still work by clicking in them, but no tool tips.

System, about shows ver 1511, build 10586.589

:)

JimInWoodstock, Sep 27, 2016
  2. nfcsrg Win User

Tool Tips in Windows 10

Tool tips not showing up in taskbar icons neither "show hidden icons"

nfcsrg, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Taskbar thumbnails not showing up

Whenever I hover over something on the taskbar, it no longer shows a small version of the window above the icon.

Thepicheese, Sep 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips

Hi, the simplest approach, as you are still on 1511, is to apply the upgrade to 1607, and hope this will fix this.

You can apply the upgrade manually - e.g. see the Tutorial section and find how to download an iso/create a bootable medium - the Microsoft media creation tool.

I would recommend, as a precaution, creating a disk image using (e.g.) Macrium Reflect (free) or whatever tool you already use- if any. Our strong recommendation is everyone should use disk imaging routinely- so many advantages.

dalchina, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Just on a whim, I created a new admin user, and switched to that new user. I looked at the hidden icons and they now had tool tips. I then switch back to the my main user login and now I have tool tips. Who knew?

I do plan to upgrade to the anniversary edition. My system has a solid state drive as my boot/c: drive and I have some programs installed on another non-ssd drive. This combo was known to create the hang condition after the update reboot. It is my understanding that this problem has been addressed. I will do a Acronis image backup before doing the upgrade just in case of disaster.

JimInWoodstock, Sep 29, 2016
  6. FrillyBits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips

1. Hovering over hidden icons in taskbar no longer shows tool tips - Similar Threads - Hovering hidden icons

2. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  3. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  4. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  5. Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second ''Show Hidden icons'' on Taskbar: Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  6. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  7. Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar ''Show Hidden icons'': Hi, when I update my windows to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22538.1000 rs_prerelease I faced like this. What is this and how does it work , is this bug or something? I can't do anything ,doesn't work right click or left click!! Other widgets gone upward ,that is so weird...
  8. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  9. Hidden taskbar not showing on mouse over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden taskbar not showing on mouse over: ChrisVroon: "The problem occurs when the scaling change the size of text, apps, etc is set to a level higher than 125%. Any value up to 125% is fine, but 150% and over cause the taskbar to stay hidden the exact value might vary with the display resolution you set." I just...
  10. Always show hidden icons on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Always show hidden icons on taskbar?: Does anyone know how to customise the behaviour of icons so they always show in the taskbar? [img] 5235

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell update icon no longer shows in the hidden icons

2. mose not acting right when hoiveringover icons in taskbar

3. when hovering over the toolbar not showing picutres windows 7

4. taskbar icons hide when hovering