Windows 10: How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender?

Discus and support How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I, by mistake dismissed a threat notification in windows defender. its not showing up anywhere now. How can I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IIsacchinII, May 9, 2019.

1. How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender?

Hi

I, by mistake dismissed a threat notification in windows defender. its not showing up anywhere now. How can I get it back?

:)

IIsacchinII, May 9, 2019
  2. Ashton Win User

Suppress "Windows Defender Antivirus did not find any threats..." notification on Windows 10

You can turn off Enhanced Notifications for Windows Defender:

1. Press Windows + i.
    2. Click Update & Security.
    3. From the Update & security sidebar, click Windows Defender.
    4. Scroll to the Enhanced notifications section and select No.

If you do not see Enhanced notifications as an option (likely because you are running Windows 10 15042 or newer), include the following additional steps:

1. Click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    2. Click Virus & threat protection.
    3. Scroll down and click Change notification settings.
    4. Turn off Receive recent activity and scan results.

This will turn of successful updates and only notify you critical events.

Ashton, May 9, 2019
  3. New Windows Defender Security Centre. Option to Dismiss/Ignore notifications?

I have the same issue. I have a Bluetooth adaptor built into a permanently attached VR headset, I have purposely disabled the adaptor in control panel.

Windows defender shows a device driver warning on the Defender Notification Icon and under 'Device performance and Health' in the Defender Security Centre in reference to the disabled hardware.

I want to dismiss this notification so it no longer is reported as a problem.

The Windows Defender notification Icon also displays a permanent yellow triangle warning badge to reference the assumed hardware issue.

I am now ignoring the notification icon and so will potentially miss any new, real threats/problems.

If this issue can not be resolved I will have to disable Windows Defender completely as the continuous Warning Badge is mentally nagging me and encouraging me to be complacent about any Windows Defender warnings.

All security/performance software I have previously used has the option to ignore/dismiss or mark as safe any potential threats/issues as they understand it may not actually be a problem for the user.

This is not an option in the Defender Control Centre I can only assume it is either due to poor programming; a failure to predict normal user behaviour or arrogance on the part of Microsoft for expecting customers to only work in line with their
    expectations.

terrahertz, May 9, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender?

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Try3, May 9, 2019
Thema:

How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender?

1. How a get back a dismissed threat notification in Windows defender? - Similar Threads - dismissed threat notification

2. how to get back Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get back Windows Defender: how to get back Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-windows-defender/09281ec3-84f0-4cd5-901e-b08acbf664e9
  3. how to get back Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get back Windows Defender: how to get back Windows Defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-back-windows-defender/09281ec3-84f0-4cd5-901e-b08acbf664e9
  4. how to get back Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I dismiss notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  6. How do I dismiss notifications?

How do I dismiss notifications?: It seems the only to dismiss notifications is to individually click on each one which then opens the appropriate app. If I have say, 15 email notifications I have to click on the email notification 15 times to dismiss it entirely. This is super annoying and there must be a...
  7. KEEP GETTING NOTIFICATION THAT DEFENDER HAS DETECTED VIRUS THREATS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KEEP GETTING NOTIFICATION THAT DEFENDER HAS DETECTED VIRUS THREATS: I am receiving notifications that Windows Defender has detected virus threats. But when I click on the notification that takes me to Windows Security, it shows that I am up to date on everything and that no threats have been detected. This is becoming quite annoying. Is there...
  8. Threat Notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Threat Notification: I have a desktop computer with Windows 10. On the 28 May, Windows/Microsoft not sure which would not let me into my account. Instead they told me I had a temporary profile and my files and folders had been blocked. When I looked at the Help pages, it said this profile would...
  9. Threat Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Threat Notification: I have a desktop computer with Windows 10. On the 28 May, Windows/Microsoft not sure which would not let me into my account. Instead they told me I had a temporary profile and my files and folders had been blocked. When I looked at the Help pages, it said this profile would...
  10. Threat Notification