Windows 10: How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet...

Discus and support How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nani394 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nani394, May 17, 2020.

1. How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet...

/u/nani394, May 17, 2020

2. Can't change default program to open files.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight.

I already tried:

• right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you double click a dwg file.
    • settings > apps > default apps > choose default apps by file type. This also does not change the default method to Draftsight.

When I type assoc .dwg in command prompt, it shows ".dwg=DraftSight.Drawing"

I see some suggestions to try using the old interface through control panel, but it seems like control panel routes to the new interface.

I also tried changing the association for .txt files from notepad to notepad++ and it doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

petersteele, May 17, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, May 17, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet...

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet... [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet... [​IMG]

Thema:

How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet...

1. How can I change my .PUP File to “Choose a default?” I don’t want it to open to internet... - Similar Threads - change PUP File

2. I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change...: I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change it back to open with default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-mistakenly-changed-the-default-open-with-for-my/69fbf338-53cf-4b35-a767-8b770269e023
  3. I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change...: I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change it back to open with default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-mistakenly-changed-the-default-open-with-for-my/69fbf338-53cf-4b35-a767-8b770269e023
  4. I mistakenly changed the default "open with" for my .mrg files to Adobe. How can I change...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  6. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  7. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. i want to change my default drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to change my default drive: my c drive space is too low and too much space is taken by microsoft apps so i don't have much space to use in c drive and that's why my pc is running slow i want to change my default drive...
  9. How can I change my default settings for opening documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my default settings for opening documents: How can I set my default to open office and not Word? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-default-settings-for-opening/a3512d8d-f197-43d2-8bf6-6c3e4f79ac1a
  10. How do I change the default for opening files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default for opening files?: I’m trying to download a zip file from google. When trying to open it, I was asked what application to open it with and was prompted with several options. I clicked “open with internet explorer” and that didn’t work out. I’ve downloaded a proper zip file opener application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change .pup to default windows