Windows 10: How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else?

Discus and support How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have some windows store icons on my task bar for quick use, and ALL of the color of the icons are black, I can't see them at all. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobHCom, Feb 3, 2020.

1. RobHCom Win User

How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else?

I have some windows store icons on my task bar for quick use, and ALL of the color of the icons are black, I can't see them at all.

I am not changing my theme to suite the lack of customization, that would not be a fix but an unacceptable compromise, what I would like to be able to do is select whatever icon I want OR AT LEAST be able to change the color of the icon itself.

Thanks for any help.

How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else? 858964da-ac98-4ceb-a231-b49827929ab0?upload=true.jpg

:)

RobHCom, Feb 3, 2020

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Feb 3, 2020
  4. d2thomas Win User

Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

Hello tenforums, I hope you can help.

A friend of mine who recently upgraded to Windows 10 is legally blind and is struggling with some accessibility options. Here is what we are struggling with: We need to change the font color of desktop icons to black. Certain contrasts are more visible for some impairments and in this case, a yellow background with black bold icon text is the best condition.

What I've tried:
    • Tried high contrast theme / mode
    • Tried to modify regedit based on a suggestion for 8.1 here.

Where I've looked:
    • Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Advanced - Performance
    • Personalize - Change Desktop Icons
    • Personalize - Colors
    • Control Panel - Personalization
    • Display Settings
    • Themes - Theme Settings

I was able to get the text black when using the white high contrast mode, but that option won't work. While it does change the icon text to black, it also takes over many other options that deliver a less than desirable contrast for the user. We originally were thinking we could start with the high contrast theme, save as another theme and then systematically roll back the changes we didn't like, leaving the black text. Does not work - when in high contrast mode it effectively locks out your ability to make certain changes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

d2thomas, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I change the color of the store app icons to white? OR something else? - Similar Threads - change color store

2. Microsoft Store bug or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store bug or something else?: I just opened Windows Store to check for updates and this popped up. Didn't know Notepad received a whole Cyberpunk-like update. Jokes aside , this is a weird bug that didn't happen to me before. I'll try repairing/resetting Windows Store , but I want to hear some advices...
  3. Microsoft Store bug or something else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store bug or something else?: I just opened Windows Store to check for updates and this popped up. Didn't know Notepad received a whole Cyberpunk-like update. Jokes aside , this is a weird bug that didn't happen to me before. I'll try repairing/resetting Windows Store , but I want to hear some advices...
  4. Is there a way to change the icon folder to something else? The "change icon" option isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the icon folder to something else? The "change icon" option isn't...: I want to change one of the icon folder to another icon but when I right click into properties under Customize I only see the option to change Folder pictures not Change icon. This would be for a work laptop. submitted by /u/Surfer949 [link] [comments]...
  5. Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the notification color of taskbar icon from orange to something else: In the taskbar in Windows 10, an app icon glows orange when the app has sent a notification. How could I change it to a different color - so it would turn blue, say, when there's been a notification? Or if that isn't possible, get it to not change color at all?...
  6. how do i change the background icon color of my app

how do i change the background icon color of my app: [ATTACH] you may see this picture in this picture I was trying to customize the background color of intellij idea and pycharm like visual studio is black how do I customize there color?...
  7. Taskbar Color is white-will not change

Taskbar Color is white-will not change: I connected my laptop to my parents wi-fi to help them put together a project. When I did that, my laptop theme changed and matched their computer background and my taskbar turned white. I am not sure how that happened but I was able to change the theme back. The taskbar...
  8. How can I change the background color on apps from black to white on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I change the background color on apps from black to white on my laptop: How can I change the background color on my apps from black to white on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-background-color-on-apps-from/72cafb73-d0f9-4209-8be4-f9d1dcaccd7d
  9. How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else

How Can I Change My Windows Username From "Owner" To Something else: [IMG] First of all i have two computers; one a laptop and one a desktop and i'm the "Owner" of both of them. However i would love to customized usernames for the two so i don't ge them confused. When connecting other devices to them. Thanks in advance, Bryan...
  10. How can you change the color of chrome from white?

in Browsers and Email
    How can you change the color of chrome from white?: Hello everyone my mom just upgraded her HP laptop to 10 last night. I was playing around seeing if I like it. I realized stylish from the chrome store doesn't work. Is there a way to change the white background on CHROME AND EDGE to black or atleast to something darker. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my taskbar and background color has changed after upgrade