Windows 10: How can I compare app usage data between several programs?

Discus and support How can I compare app usage data between several programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! Some Background on what I am trying to do I decided to take on a small project I had an idea for a while ago. Basically, I have several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brad316, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How can I compare app usage data between several programs?

Hello! Some Background on what I am trying to do

I decided to take on a small project I had an idea for a while ago. Basically, I have several different similar applications which I would like to obtain data from at various points.

The data I am looking to find is the CPU, RAM, FPS and Network usage for each of the following states the program is in: Idle, In-Game (idle), Multiplayer, and Single Player.

I would also like to find the usage in an overall play session on average of these.

FPS is very easily handled. But the others I am having some level of problems finding the best way to do this.

My current process has me write down the timestamps when I begin an particular event. But I have tried Task Manager, Resource Monitor and Process Monitor, but with very limited success (I can mainly only get the averages after I stop capturing, and, as they tend to run a few processes, it makes it for more inaccurate data at times).

Surely this can’t be something uncommonly done...?

How can I best obtain the CPU, RAM, and Network usage both at certain points in an application, as well as average use of them?

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/brad316
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brad316, Feb 13, 2020

2. network internet data usage

Hi,

One possible reason why the network data usage isn't showing up may be due to a third party program causing it not to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a third party app to monitor your internet usage?
    • Are you on a metered connection? To check, click this
      link
      and follow the steps.

We look forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Data card usage in windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to check which application is using Data.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the
      Network & Internet icon.

• Click/tap on Data usage on the left side. You will now see a general overview of the network data usage from the last 30 days on your PC.

• Click/tap on the Usage details link on the right side under
      Overview.

• You will now see how much network data has been used by each app from the last 30 days.

After that go to task manager and End Task the Application which uses the internet.

• Press ctrl +shift +Esc to open Task manger.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How can I compare app usage data between several programs?

Data Usage per App

Hi,

This feature does actually still exist, and to know exactly the specific data usage for each of the apps installed, here's how:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Network & Wireless.
    3. Select Data Usage.
    4. And tap on the two horizontal lines, showing data percentages.
    From there, all apps will show up with the corresponding data usages.

Let us know if this helps.

- If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem. -

1fd2a083-300f-484f-993e-69f80807585a, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How can I compare app usage data between several programs?

1. How can I compare app usage data between several programs? - Similar Threads - compare app usage

2. My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?: My data usage and data usage statistics is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-usage-statistics-is-not-showing-how-can-i/5af93a6a-0fda-489e-a89e-becf0acec7bc
  3. My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My data usage statistics is not showing. How can i fix that?: My data usage and data usage statistics is not showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-data-usage-statistics-is-not-showing-how-can-i/5af93a6a-0fda-489e-a89e-becf0acec7bc
  4. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  5. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  6. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?: Hi, How can I delete "battery usage per app" network "Data usage" reports data?I've been struggling for days, and googled a lot but I found nothing.I just don't want Windows to report about my battery and data usage per app, I am concerned for my privacy, and Windows makes...
  8. Data Usage and App History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Usage and App History: Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.844 Hello. I'm having these two issues which may be related. There is no network showing up in the drop down menu that I can select. If I try to switch it on, it goes back to off when I leave the page. App History is also not working. So far I...
  9. How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app?: If you open network and internet options, you can see the data usage over the last 30 days for different apps and I am aware that I can reset the entire thing to 0. But is there a way to reset just an app by deleting cache or something? submitted by /u/dennis_joseph...
  10. Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Apps/Programs be moved between drives?: Without paying attention, I went and filled my main drive (C:) before realizing I had a secondary drive that was empty. Is it possible to simply move large apps or programs from one drive to the other or do I need to uninstall/reinstall them?...