Windows 10: How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools?

Discus and support How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to enable/disable Public folder sharing on Windows 10 (like this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XxXSnoopSmithXxX, Feb 28, 2019.

1. How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools?

XxXSnoopSmithXxX, Feb 28, 2019
  2. omidsolo Win User

disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

Hi,
    I know how to disable Network Discovery or File and Printer Sharing via the following command lines:

netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=no
    netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=no

But I didn't find a way to disable Public Folder Sharing using cmd or reg, any idea?

Also is there a way to set the current Lan network connection as metered via registry or command prompt?
    Thanks.

omidsolo, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools? :)

4. newfellow Win User

How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools?

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools?

1. How can I enable Public folder sharing on Windows using netsh or other command-line tools? - Similar Threads - enable Public folder

2. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  3. Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable "Play animations in Windows" using command line: Hello,Is there a way to Enable "Play animations in Windows" using PowerShell =I tried the solution with regedit, to change the value of MinAnimate and/or UserPreferencesMask and/or VisualFXSetting but none of them worked.It work only if I manually change it under ease of...
  4. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Verify" command line tool: Greetings,Does the verify tool only verify files that I copy, or system files as well?There isn't a subforum for the command line. I chose the "Files, folders, and storage" topic, but if there is a more suitable topic let me know.Thanks,Shane....
  5. How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to enable Windows 10 fast startup using the command line: How to open Fast Startup and Hibernate through the windows command line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-windows-10-fast-startup-using-the/133660f7-cf7e-454d-b3bf-398b2e7ab396
  6. NETSH command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    NETSH command: Playing around with the command as a utility to troubleshoot connectivity issues. Running this command gives a bunch of great info but I would like to have it save the html file to a specific path. Can't find info on doing that . Does anyone know ? netsh wlan show...
  7. sharing Public folder

sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...
  8. how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable / enable devices using command line in Windows 10: Hello friends, Prior to updating to 1803 my headphones/laptop speakers were working just fine. When I connect my USB headphones, audio automatically redirected to headphones but not any more (after updating to 1803). Now, I need to manually disable speakers after connecting...
  9. Using netsh wlan commands not working

Using netsh wlan commands not working: Someone else's network keeps popping up in my list of networks in the Windows 10 Action Center. I've used a cmd prompt and followed all instructions for using "netsh wlan" commands to deny all (and then allow my own network to show, but the network I blocked still keeps...
  10. disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10

in Windows 10 Support
    disable public folder sharing using netsh - win10: Hi, I know how to disable Network Discovery or File and Printer Sharing via the following command lines: netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="Network Discovery" new enable=no netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer Sharing" new enable=no But...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. public folder sharing via command line

2. public folder sharing command line