Windows 10: How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

Discus and support How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a Win10 tower and a Win10 laptop. Both are set to boot into Win10 without having to enter a password. I'm the only user for both PCs. I want... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mck, Feb 4, 2018.

1. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I have a Win10 tower and a Win10 laptop. Both are set to boot into Win10 without having to enter a password. I'm the only user for both PCs.

I want to transfer a file from the laptop to the tower. I used to be able to open File Explorer on the tower and then in the left pane I see this:

Network
    ... Spin3
    ... XPS8900

So I click "Spin3" to access the shared folder on the laptop. Now it's asking me to enter the password for the laptop. I forgot the password for the laptop.

As mentioned, the laptop boots into Win10 without having to enter a password. Since I'm in Win10 and have full access on the laptop, is there a way I can find the password for the laptop?

:)

2. How can I find my own password on hotmail.com I can login because I typed remember my email account and password.

Hello Zafar,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let us know few things to assist you in this regard.

On which browser you want to see saved passwords?

Is it on Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?

Are you concerned with some other browsers?

Give us the above information to assist you better in this regard.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 4, 2018
  3. zafar7 Win User
    How can I find my own password on hotmail.com I can login because I typed remember my email account and password.

Hello

I can login to my
    Hotmail.com
    as it was "remember my id and password".

I want to see my password to login to my cell phone. Can anyone help me?

zafar7, Feb 4, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Feb 4, 2018
  5. MCK
    mck Win User
    Hi Ed,

I tried the instructions in the link to reset the password for a local account. I checked "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" (step-1), and selected the Spin3 name (step-2). But for step-3, the "Reset Password" button is grayed out.

Anyway, I screwed up in my original post. When I click the "Spin3" name (actually mo-spin3), the window that pops up is actually asking to Enter network credentials". Here's the popup:

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop? [​IMG]

So my question really should have been, how do I find my network credentials password?
    Sorry for the confusion,

6. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Feb 5, 2018
  7. MCK
    mck Win User
    I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    • Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    • Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    • Expand the "All Networks" item.
    • Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

8. EdTittel Win User

Thanks for posting your solution. Glad you found a workaround. I confess, I misunderstood what you were trying to achieve. Sorry to wave a red herring at you!
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 7, 2018
  9. MCK
    mck Win User
    Hi Ed,

No, I had not correctly stated my symptoms in my first post. So no red herring on your part.
    Thanks for taking the time to help,

Thema:

1. How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop? - Similar Threads - find password laptop

2. How can i find the administrator password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i find the administrator password?: I am trying to factory reset a laptop that was given to me but not wiped. It was given to me by my husband. It used to be his ex girlfriends from many years ago. He doesnt know much about it. It wont let me access the BIOS setup info unless i know that admin password. I have...
  3. How can i find the administrator password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i find the administrator password?: I am trying to factory reset a laptop that was given to me but not wiped. It was given to me by my husband. It used to be his ex girlfriends from many years ago. He doesnt know much about it. It wont let me access the BIOS setup info unless i know that admin password. I have...
  4. How can i find the administrator password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I find my Windows 10 password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I find my Windows 10 password?: I know my PIN, but I want to set this computer up on a LAN with my Surface Go that connects to it via an Ethernet cable. Whenever I try to access this computer from the Surface Go it asks for a username and password.Someone told me that the username refers to the name of the...
  6. How can I find my WI_FI PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I find my WI_FI PASSWORD: How can I find my password for my wi-fi...my phone wants password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-wifi-password/4447b292-736c-4d7d-b1de-ba15181ed643
  7. How do I find my login password for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I find my login password for my laptop: How do I find my login password for my HP laptop. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-find-my-login-password-for-my-laptop/5fbccd82-bfe8-40cc-99cb-d37412caf65b
  8. How can I password protect my laptop?

How can I password protect my laptop?: How can I password protect my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-password-protect-my-laptop/0ace8e18-643e-4b4d-b58f-225c6f045d97
  9. How can I find my password to one drive?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I find my password to one drive?: How can I find my password to one drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-password-to-one-drive/0c79165c-84a6-4cab-957c-e3b5b8af04b4
  10. where can i find my saved passwords in windows 10?

where can i find my saved passwords in windows 10?: where can iu find myt saved passwords in windows 10 please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-my-saved-passwords-in-windows-10/87325d42-5659-4379-bf17-0c79b06e6b2a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i find my password to my laptop

2. windows 10 how to find laptop password

3. where can I find the password for my laptop startup windows 10

4. how can i find my password on my laptop,
  5. can i find password to my laptop