Windows 10: How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?

Discus and support How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10? I have deleted photos I no longer want showing up in the app and also, how can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DENEMARTIN, Jan 17, 2020.

1. How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?

How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?

I have deleted photos I no longer want showing up in the app and also, how can I determine which ones do show up on the app?

:)

DENEMARTIN, Jan 17, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 17, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Photos App

I don't have a solution for you.
    I just want to suggest an alternative............. restore Windows Photo Viewer which is part of Windows 7.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Personally I use Windows Photo Gallery. That's because I have Windows Essentials installed and I have been using it since Vista.

davidhk, Jan 17, 2020
  4. How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10?

1. How can I get photos to stop showing in the photo app in windows 10? - Similar Threads - photos stop showing

2. How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?: I'm using Win10. A few days ago I opened my Photos app now called Photos Legacy, to find that the new app had taken over what I had, with not warning. I dislike the new app intensely -- way too complicated for editing photos from a phone. I can't even sharpen an image. So I...
  3. How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?: I'm using Win10. A few days ago I opened my Photos app now called Photos Legacy, to find that the new app had taken over what I had, with not warning. I dislike the new app intensely -- way too complicated for editing photos from a phone. I can't even sharpen an image. So I...
  4. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?: Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various online tutorials that suggest everything from significant edits to the registry to downloading the apparently now non-existent...
  5. How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?

How can I get the Microsoft Photo Legacy app?: Some basic and expected functionality is missing from the current release of the Photos app for Windows 11. I would like it back. I've tried various online tutorials that suggest everything from significant edits to the registry to downloading the apparently now non-existent...
  6. how do i get photos to show photo and not icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get photos to show photo and not icon: how to get photos to show the photo and not the icon, cant see the picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-photos-to-show-photo-and-not-icon/4f2def21-37e6-4057-a608-128deb2124f3
  7. how do i get photos to show photo and not icon

how do i get photos to show photo and not icon: how to get photos to show the photo and not the icon, cant see the picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-photos-to-show-photo-and-not-icon/4f2def21-37e6-4057-a608-128deb2124f3
  8. How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?

How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?: The Windows 10 Photos app keeps duplicating my photos. I want to stop it. It is making up to seven copies! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-the-photo-app-from-duplicating-my/7d7202e4-6d53-43e3-bb32-080729705723
  9. How do I get the photos I download to show up in my "Photos" app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get the photos I download to show up in my "Photos" app: When I download a picture from the internet it doesn't show up in my photos, is there any way to fix this? submitted by /u/silenceiskillingme [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyqyuf/how_do_i_get_the_photos_i_download_to_show_up_in/
  10. How can I adjust contrast of a photo in the Windows 10 "Photos" app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I adjust contrast of a photo in the Windows 10 "Photos" app?: How can I adjust the contrast of a photo in the new "Photos" app in Windows 10? PS., because of Microsoft's poorly thought out naming conventions, it's ambiguous here what "Photos" means. Ie., does it refer to the old "Photos" apps (Windows Photos Live, or something like...