Windows 10: How can I get rid of Cortana?

Discus and support How can I get rid of Cortana? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sha256rk, May 28, 2020.

1. How can I get rid of Cortana?

I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to get rid of this?

submitted by /u/sha256rk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sha256rk, May 28, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of all the tips and cortana garbage on search toolbar?

Hi, I don't have anything like that appearing as i've never configured more than the most basic Cortana settings.

Try Notebook (icon left on Cortana), Lists - clear those.

How can I get rid of Cortana? [​IMG]

Likewise, check for any Reminders

- you've shown the search field for Cortana at the bottom of your screenshots.

(And remember there's one top right of file explorer too).

Try this:
    Turn On or Off Cortana Suggested Reminders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Ten Forums - Windows 10 Help and Support Forum

dalchina, May 28, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, May 28, 2020
  4. How can I get rid of Cortana?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 28, 2020
Thema:

How can I get rid of Cortana?

1. How can I get rid of Cortana? - Similar Threads - rid Cortana

2. How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???

in Cortana
    How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???: I have an old laptop I'm trying to breathe new life into with a lean install of Windows 10. because I'm a masochist One example of fat I'd like to trim is cortana. I've tried uninstalling it through powershell but when I restart, cortana is still there and functioning. Yes, I...
  3. How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???: I have an old laptop I'm trying to breathe new life into with a lean install of Windows 10. because I'm a masochist One example of fat I'd like to trim is cortana. I've tried uninstalling it through powershell but when I restart, cortana is still there and functioning. Yes, I...
  4. How the h-three-eleven do I get rid of cortana???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  6. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  7. I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?

in Cortana
    I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?: Cortana has been uninstalled - I have a right side pop-up. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-rid-of-cortana-how-i-do-that/86412021-d161-4646-bf9e-8652ce80b142
  8. Getting rid of Cortana

in Cortana
    Getting rid of Cortana: Could there be anything more annoying and distracting. I am looking at the settings to disable it and it seems I can't. Also, try to uninstall it. I have this computer which I got in 2018 and my plan was to use it for travel. However, it has trouble updating the Dell Bios and...
  9. Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart.

in Cortana
    Get rid of Cortana dialog on screen. Only solution seems restart.: Windows 10 professional. I have my task bar on the left side of the screen. The past week or so, randomly, Cortana has put up a screen like a Chat window that will not go away and is in front of everything else. When I try to take a screen shot using Snagit, Snagit goes...
  10. Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get rid of annoying Cortana Window that is covering up my work: Cortana has started adding an Ask Cortana window that covers up part of my screen and prevents me from working. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-rid-of-annoying-cortana-window-that-is/cf87bbcc-c821-494f-9036-e1a82b744a3c