Windows 10: How Change Windows 10 Pro To Education?

Discus and support How Change Windows 10 Pro To Education? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am building a custom PC and I want to install Windows 10 Pro on it. Currently I am running Windows10 Pro on my laptop and want to use it on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Behindyouu, Sep 29, 2016.

1. How Change Windows 10 Pro To Education?

Hi, I am building a custom PC and I want to install Windows 10 Pro on it. Currently I am running Windows10 Pro on my laptop and want to use it on my desktop. I have the Windows 10 Educational Key, but the Windows 10 Pro key is from the Windows 7 free update.

So basically, I want to change my Windows version from Pro to Educational for my laptop. I have downloaded the ISO from Microsoft's website.

I don't mind formatting my laptop as there is nothing on it.

EDIT: I will install Windows 10 Edu on my laptop and then Install Windows 10 Pro on my desktop

:)

Behindyouu, Sep 29, 2016

2. How to update Windows 10 Pro

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070422)

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Sep 29, 2016
  3. How to update Windows 10 Pro

How To Update Windows 10 Pro, Sep 29, 2016
  4. How Change Windows 10 Pro To Education?

The 10 Pro (free upgrade) is not transferable. Not easily anyway. The key you get is a generic key and will only activate if that PC already has a Digital License on the activation server. Your new desktop PC won't, so it will fail activation if you install with that generic key. JFYI post. You can upgrade from Pro to Education with a simple "change product key". No need to reinstall Windows. I've done it. No install media needed. The Education features are unlocked/installed, it reboots and then activates with the key you entered.

alphanumeric, Sep 29, 2016
  5. I will try that.

I spoke with the Microsoft Customer Service and they said it will work.

Install Edu on my Laptop with the Key
    Install Pro on my Desktop without the key and update to AU
    Use my outlook account to activate windows 10 w/o key. They said my key is linked to my account.

Behindyouu, Sep 29, 2016
  6. The "linked to my account" option was added to make recovering activation easier after a significant hardware change. Like if you had to replace the motherboard, the new motherboard would have a different hardware ID. The link will be to the laptop, device wise. IMHO, its not meant to be used to do what you propose. I'm not here to judge so if you want to try it, go for it. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't work. Or if Microsoft refuses to activate your new PC. I'm not saying they will, it just wouldn't surprise me if they did draw a line in the sand.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How Change Windows 10 Pro To Education?

1. How Change Windows 10 Pro To Education? - Similar Threads - Change Pro Education

2. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Education: How can I make Windows 10 Pro Education to Window 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-education/35e944e6-09f3-45d9-b583-faa9bda04212
  3. Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Education: Hi, I've been offered a HP 250 G7 laptop by a seller on one of the internet forums. This is a fairly low spec machine (TN screen, 4 GB ram, 128 Gb hdd and no cd/dvd drive) but is new and the price is attractive however one of the pictures he has posted shows it running...
  4. changing from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro: i recently installed windows 10 education on my laptop and would like to change to windows 10 pro. is it possible to change without necessarily formatting my computer and installing again?...
  5. Change edition from Windows 10 Education to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change edition from Windows 10 Education to Pro: Hello, I have a windows 10 education edition and want to change it to windows 10 pro. I tried to activate it using a product key. But it shows error. I have two product keys - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T and W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX Someone please let me know how...
  6. Windows 10 education to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 education to pro: I accidentally switched my personal computer (Surface Book) to Windows 10 Education through my university. I wanted to just download Office. Is there any way I can switch it back to Windows 10 Pro?...
  7. Windows 10 pro automaticaly changes to windows 10 education

Windows 10 pro automaticaly changes to windows 10 education: Hello everyone, I have a problem with windows 10 pro version. After I install it I checked it and there I see that the installed version is windows 10 pro. After one day I recognized that the windows changed to education version. I tried it for 3 times but there is no...
  8. Windows 10 pro automaticaly changes to windows 10 education

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 pro automaticaly changes to windows 10 education: Hello everyone, I have a problem with windows 10 pro version. After I install it I checked it and there I see that the installed version is windows 10 pro. After one day I recognized that the windows changed to education version. I tried it for 3 times but there is no...
  9. Edition changed from Pro to Pro Education - Windows 10

Edition changed from Pro to Pro Education - Windows 10: I have a laptop that had Windows 10 Pro OEM 1511 activated. I wiped the system drive & did a clean install of Windows 10 1709 on it. It installed properly and when online it activated itself successfully. However I am surprised to find that the version of Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Education Pro

Windows 10 Education Pro: Hi sorry if this is the wrong forum, I read an article that states windows 10 pro users in education can upgrade to win10 pro education - Great I thought I registered on the business store applied for the free upgrade - the instructions for the upgrade would require me to...