Windows 10: How Delete a Group From Start Menu

Discus and support How Delete a Group From Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beau, Apr 25, 2017.

1. beau Win User

How Delete a Group From Start Menu

I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu.

How Delete a Group From Start Menu [​IMG]

How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything.

:)

2. Jarlth Win User

How can you delete an entire group from the start menu in Windows 10?

I just "upgraded" Windows 10 and my new start menu has hundreds of items in a single group. I would like to delete the entire group rather than going one by one. Is there any way to delete the group; whereby, I can start my groups from scratch?

Thanks

Jarlth, Apr 25, 2017
  3. colinfoy Win User
    `name group`

I have `name group` in letter box form on my start up menu. How do I delete it? Thank you Colin

colinfoy, Apr 25, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Either, right click and unpin each and every tile within the group til the group is gone, or
    drag all tiles to a new group.

*Arrow Group App Tiles on Start in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Edwin, Apr 27, 2017
  5. beau Win User
    Thanks, Edwin ~
    Just discovered there's a better way: click the little white line next to the Group > delete the name of the Group > <Enter> and the Group will be gone.

6. Edwin New Member
    Okay, I get it! You just didn't want the group to have a name! *Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 28, 2017
  7. Lmbrt Win User
    Are you sure that the group is gone for good when you simply delete its name?

Or it simply disappears until you eventually hover with the mouse its last position? Give it a try...

In fact, it would rather seem that Edwin's option, i.e. to unpin all tiles in the group, is the only way of getting definitely rid of it.

And yet I have seen this method not working either after a Clean Installation and before all updates.

Lmbrt, Oct 3, 2017
  8. beau Win User

It's true that hovering around I find seven "Name Group" sections appear . . but generally I don't notice them.

beau, Oct 3, 2017
  9. Lmbrt Win User
    That's weird, though, because they say that removing all the tiles from a group and than signing in and out the group should be gone... *Confused

They also suggest to move a tile into an empty group and then move it back to where it belongs and that should do the trick... more *Confused

Lmbrt, Oct 3, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    The group name box when empty will hide, never disappear. Been that way since inception in 8. There may be 3rd party apps that may remove that. Don't know.

If you move all of the tiles out of a group that's in between two other groups that empty group will remain. It looks like that's what you have, yes? Like this:

How Delete a Group From Start Menu [​IMG]

Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How Delete a Group From Start Menu - Similar Threads - Delete Group Start

2. I want to delete a Start menu group

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to delete a Start menu group: I want to delete a start menu group.Here's a screenshot of what I want to delete in case needed: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-a-start-menu-group/4379ee66-07bb-4051-b73c-0719b8cb1ea3
  3. I want to delete a Start menu group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to delete a Start menu group: I want to delete a start menu group.Here's a screenshot of what I want to delete in case needed: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-a-start-menu-group/4379ee66-07bb-4051-b73c-0719b8cb1ea3
  4. I want to delete a Start menu group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu

How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu: I recently decided to expand the number of columns in my start menu from the default four, but when moving tiles to the new blank right side, I find that there are fields that block the tiles from being exactly where I want to place them. When I click on these fields, the...
  6. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  7. Stuck start menu group (can't delete)

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck start menu group (can't delete): Got a couple of empty groups I can't delete. They normally go away when you delete all the tiles, but these didn't. I ran my usual script to delete all bloatware from MS that comes pre-installed, so their tiles got removed but a couple groups got stuck. What I tried: 1)...
  8. Remove all groups from start menu

Remove all groups from start menu: I have limited space on my start menu and would like to take up all of it with icons. I do not need nor want to group the icons and create blank space between them. I want to use that space. But it seems impossible to have no groups or just one. Whenever I try to get all the...
  9. Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?: There is alot of empty space to the right of my start group and I can't seem to resize it or delete it, the only way I can interact with that area is if I drag something in it and only can I rename the group. Heres a pick I found online if no one understands what I mean...
  10. How to remove group dividers in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove group dividers in Start menu?: Can't really find any info on this. Is it possible to not have group dividers when reorganizing tiles? Every time I try a different setup, a bar pops up and spaces my tiles differently than what I want. 48303