Windows 10: How disable display of alias/email address on right top of Office apps

Discus and support How disable display of alias/email address on right top of Office apps in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; *092 Hi I have just installed Office 365 on my new Windows 10 64 bits OS Now I notice that my alias and email adress are dispalyed on the top right... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by PiVert, Aug 30, 2018.

1. PiVert Win User

How disable display of alias/email address on right top of Office apps

Hi

I have just installed Office 365 on my new Windows 10 64 bits OS
    Now I notice that my alias and email adress are dispalyed on the top right of my Offcie apps ( at least Word)

I cannot find a way yto disable this "feature". I absolutely do NOT want it to be displayed :this is private, and I use my PC at work, and surely do not want all bypassers to be able to take notice of my mail / alias

Any way to achive that ???

TIA to all experts here *Cool

:)

PiVert, Aug 30, 2018

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Aug 30, 2018
  3. unable to make my email alias a primary - no primary link appears to the right of the alias

There is no primary link next to my email alias to allow me to make it a primary as noted in the instructions. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 Pro (not available to click in the drop down)

• Under Account aliases, click/tap on the Make primary link to the right of an added email alias you want
      to be your primary alias.
    Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

Cynthia413, Aug 30, 2018
  4. How disable display of alias/email address on right top of Office apps

Windows 10 Mail App Shows Wrong Alias

Notes on the suggested steps below.

4 -- you get an error when attempting to add an account alias email address when the account already exists (with another alias)

5 -- you can't delete the primary account/Microsoft Account email (even though it's using the wrong alias -- not your primary alias that you log into Windows with)

Troubleshooting the Windows Store Apps reports no problem exists.

Stephen570, Aug 30, 2018
Thema:

How disable display of alias/email address on right top of Office apps

1. How disable display of alias/email address on right top of Office apps - Similar Threads - disable display alias

2. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  3. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?: I am trying to access my daughter’s Microsoft account Minecraft related issue to add an alias email address as the email address associated with the Microsoft account is no longer accessible.I can access the Microsoft account ok, but the problem occurs when trying to add the...
  4. How to add alias email address when account email address is no longer accessible?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Issues with logging in using alias email address

Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  6. Issues with logging in using alias email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with logging in using alias email address: I had two email addresses as primary and secondary alias for my account. My old laptopWin 8.1, my main PC is currently using Win 10, which I wanted to log on used the secondary alias email primary back when it was my only PC, but the password didn't work. I decided to remove...
  7. Issues with logging in using alias email address

8. How do I find my alternate alias? email address?

How do I find my alternate alias? email address?: Microsoft Account has always been a confusing pain. It is doing it to me again. My email address assigned to the account is fine. The phone number assigned to the account is fine. But the alternate email that apparently it uses for 2FA can'y be found. I am logged in to my...
  9. Email Alias address already in use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Email Alias address already in use: My windows account shows my old email address which I would like to change. Seems like I have 2 accounts Passport & Email. How can I update my email address to show only one? Thank you...
  10. Alias email addresses

Alias email addresses: I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I get around this?...