Windows 10: how do i boot from a restore disc

Discus and support how do i boot from a restore disc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; computer locked up. did a system restore and all my passwords and user changed. how doi dun my recovery disc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lenovo330 151bk, May 9, 2019.

1. how do i boot from a restore disc

computer locked up. did a system restore and all my passwords and user changed. how doi dun my recovery disc.

:)

Lenovo330 151bk, May 9, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

how do i boot from a restore disc [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 9, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, May 9, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

how do i boot from a restore disc

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 9, 2019
Thema:

how do i boot from a restore disc

1. how do i boot from a restore disc - Similar Threads - boot restore disc

2. how do I copy a program from the computer to a disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I copy a program from the computer to a disc: How to download a program such as Legacy 9.0 to a disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-a-program-from-the-computer-to-a/0ae9b525-e5c2-45dc-ae01-cf2a5783f055
  3. how do I copy a program from the computer to a disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I copy a program from the computer to a disc: How to download a program such as Legacy 9.0 to a disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-a-program-from-the-computer-to-a/0ae9b525-e5c2-45dc-ae01-cf2a5783f055
  4. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I boot from a partition?: I am dual booting Windows 10 with Arco linux Arch based linux. I burned iso file on a USB. Now in diskmgmt.msc there is new partition which contains installed Arco linux. This is how it looks. How can I boot from that partition?...
  5. How do I boot from a partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I boot from a partition?: I am dual booting Windows 10 with Arco linux Arch based linux. I burned iso file on a USB. Now in diskmgmt.msc there is new partition which contains installed Arco linux. This is how it looks. How can I boot from that partition?...
  6. How do I boot from a partition?

7. Can't boot from optical disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot from optical disc: I have an asus g73 which got hosed by the most recent windows update. I have macrium reflect. I changed the boot order to boot from DVD drive (macrium win PE media)so I can restore from a pre update backup and the machine will not boot from DVD; it spins up the dvd drive and...
  8. Error: 0xc0000182 when I boot from a disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: 0xc0000182 when I boot from a disc: So I create a Windows 10 Repair Disc (it Windows 10 Pro) by go to Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Backup and Restore (Windows 7)>Create a system repair disc. It was success then I turn off my computer to boot from the CD (Windows 10 Repair Disc) but every single time,...
  9. how do i load cd from disc drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i load cd from disc drive: how do i load cd from disc drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-load-cd-from-disc-drive/66b0f471-b0f8-4d36-935f-f7fa72efc86c
  10. boot from disc

boot from disc: With Windows 1803 and a Dell XPS 8300 I tried to boot from a flash drive I created with USB universal Installer and the ISO - Mint. I could not get it to boot either by just tapping F 12 and selecting it as I usually do or changing the boot order in the BIOS. I tried another...